PDA

View Full Version : Emily Miller: Dispelling gun myths

austinN4
02-03-13, 11:52
Kudos to Emily!

Emily Miller of the Washington Times who wrote the series Emily Gets Her Gun and others, has a new series of articles the first of which is The Assault Weapon Myth.

This is the first in a four-part series on dispelling gun myths. Part 2 is The High-Capacity Magazine Myth, Part 3 is The Cop-Killer Bullet Myth, ands Part 4 is The Gun-Show Loophole Myth.

Here is the link to Part 1, which further links to Parts 2, 3 & 4: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/25/the-assault-weapon-myth/

Here is a link to all of her Op Eds: http://www.washingtontimes.com/staff/emily-miller/

Emily Miller, Senior Editor for Opinion, was deputy press secretary for Secretaries of State Colin L. Powell and Condoleezza Rice. Her political experience also includes working on Capitol Hill as a press secretary and as the communications director to then-House Majority Whip Tom DeLay. Miller's journalism experience ranges from being a columnist at AOL's Politics Daily to associate producer at ABC News. She started her career as a desk assistant at NBC News.

3 AE
02-03-13, 13:26
Thank you for the links. I like her style, short and to the point.

Bulletdog
02-03-13, 21:54
Love it. How do we get this rational, easy to understand factual information out to the masses who have been mislead and deceived by the politicians and the media?

Jer
02-04-13, 13:02
How do we get this rational, easy to understand factual information out to the masses who have been mislead and deceived by the politicians and the media?

Emily Miller of the Washington Times...

Seems to me that the information is out there but 'the masses' don't want it.

austinN4
02-04-13, 13:10
Seems to me that the information is out there but 'the masses' don't want it.
I would argue that the information is out there in the gun community, but seriously lacking elsewhere and the liberal media and gun grabbers push the myths and not the facts.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbels