PDA

View Full Version : Need M&Pc trigger job?

DarrinD2
02-03-13, 14:25
I have a 2009 M&P9c. I love it except for the trigger. I've read about a few fixes for it, which is the best for me? Any suggestions appreciated

SkyLine1
02-03-13, 14:27
APEX all the way. $89.00 do it your self

Mr. Toad
02-03-13, 14:44
I second the Apex kit. It was extremely easy to install. I installed their duty/carry kit.

I also installed their extractors in my compact and pro. That was not so easy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

citizensoldier16
02-04-13, 00:48
APEX kit is definitely a good fix. However, when I purchased my M&P9c, it grouped VERY poorly. I sent it back to S&W and found out that the barrel was improperly crowned from the factory. In the letter I contained with the firearm, I also complained of the trigger being very gritty.

Long story short, I got a new barrel and a free trigger job which completely alleviated the grittiness of the trigger.

Point is, aside from purchasing the APEX trigger group, you could always send it back and get the fire control group polished. Just saying.

DarrinD2
02-04-13, 08:23
I also complained of the trigger being very gritty.

Long story short, I got a new barrel and a free trigger job which completely alleviated the grittiness of the trigger.

Point is, aside from purchasing the APEX trigger group, you could always send it back and get the fire control group polished. Just saying.

Thanks for the inside info, I may go for that approach.

snakedoctor
02-04-13, 08:40
I have a 2009 M&P9c. I love it except for the trigger. I've read about a few fixes for it, which is the best for me? Any suggestions appreciated

I take it you chose the 9C for carry or some form of self defense? If so, you might want to rethink a "trigger job" on a carry gun. One thing I would do though is pay close attention to the extractor. I've had to swap out 2 for the Apex FRE becasue of frequent FTE's.

Mr. Toad
02-04-13, 08:42
Smith and Wesson does have great customer service. I had a problem with my compact 9mm. The barrel was not fitted properly to the slide. I was able to disassemble it but could not get the gun back together. Called S&W. Shipped the gun out and had the barrel replaced in under a week.

Mr. Toad
02-04-13, 08:49
I take it you chose the 9C for carry or some form of self defense? If so, you might want to rethink a "trigger job" on a carry gun. One thing I would do though is pay close attention to the extractor. I've had to swap out 2 for the Apex FRE becasue of frequent FTE's.

I had the same problem and also replaced my extractors. They were actually hard to replace. Bent two punches trying to get them out. Finally used a small nail set. I replaced the fixed pin with a roll pin. Much easier to take out the extractor now.

The guns are running flawlessly now.

Shorts
02-04-13, 08:52
OP, may I ask how many rounds are through the gun? Also, what type of change to the trigger are you looking for?

DarrinD2
02-04-13, 09:29
OP, may I ask how many rounds are through the gun? Also, what type of change to the trigger are you looking for?

I have only about 500 rounds through the gun, after switching from a G26. The change I'm looking for is a Glock trigger in my M&P. The take-up feels unpredictable and longer and it just seems to have to much slack. I also can barely feel the reset point. It's not a terrible trigger, just not as good as my Glock trigger; everything else is better in the M&P imo.

citizensoldier16
02-04-13, 22:47
I would contact S&W first. Tell them what you are experiencing, and see what they say. They definitely stand behind EACH of their firearms individually, and will do everything they can to make it right.

I have experience with customer service from Glock, S&W, Remington, H&K, and Mossberg...all dealing with firearms purchased new. Smith and Wesson has, BY FAR, the best and most accommodating customer service department. They even cover shipping both ways if your arm needs to be shipped back to the factory for issues.

Because of my very positive experience with S&W customer service, I will always consider purchasing their firearms in the future.

High Altitude
02-05-13, 22:27
I have only about 500 rounds through the gun, after switching from a G26. The change I'm looking for is a Glock trigger in my M&P. The take-up feels unpredictable and longer and it just seems to have to much slack. I also can barely feel the reset point. It's not a terrible trigger, just not as good as my Glock trigger; everything else is better in the M&P imo.

You aren't going to ever get close to a glock reset.

You can improve everything else though.

az doug
02-05-13, 22:40
APEX Tactical kit and ram. The ram will help with the reset.

rsilvers
02-06-13, 20:16
I have a S&W 945 with an aluminum frame. I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner and the anodizing badly discolored. I told them what I did. They paid two-way shipping and made it good as new. I blamed myself but they fixed it anyway.

StrikerFired
02-06-13, 20:42
Or, Doug over at ATEi does a heck of trigger job on the M&P pistols. I have had Doug "fix" all of mine but I am lucky to be in South East lower Michigan so he's local.