PDA

View Full Version : Left handed holster for a Ruger P95

alvincullumyork
02-03-13, 15:21
So my dad, who is a bit of a fudd, decided to get a a pistol. I tired to convince him to get something else but there is only so much I could do. Now he wants to get a concealed carry holster for it but is left handed because of some missing fingers on his right hand (more info on that here, http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=121031 ). I think that a leather IWB that is no more than 70 bucks would be perfect for him. Kydex is not out of the picture but the only thing I can find is the Raven Phantom at 80 bucks.

Anyone have any recommendations?

DanjojoUSMC
02-03-13, 16:27
Could get him a remora to try out different positions and cants, only out $25 if he ends up going with a slimmer, lighter gun.

snowdog650
02-04-13, 00:49
Crossbreed Supertuck. Excellent .. comfortable ... lifetime warranty with kick-ass customer service.

R0CKETMAN
02-04-13, 05:20
Comp Tac MTAC

alvincullumyork
02-04-13, 12:54
Could get him a remora to try out different positions and cants, only out $25 if he ends up going with a slimmer, lighter gun.

The Remora looks like a really bad holster for two reasons. 1 it's a universal holster. 2 no belt clips. Maybe it's great but those two things make me wary.

Crossbreed Supertuck. Excellent .. comfortable ... lifetime warranty with kick-ass customer service.

This looks nice.

Comp Tac MTAC

This looks nicer but they don't have an option for a Ruger P95. Aaa Boo.

DanjojoUSMC
02-04-13, 19:46
Remora holsters aren't universal brother, they stay put very well even jogging.

PdxMotoxer
02-04-13, 20:07
My first auto was a P89 and while i LOVE this pistol
it's hardly a CCW weapon as it weighs just slightly less an
A1 abrams TANK.

I know it's personal preference but i'd try like a cheap (costing not quality) Uncle Mikes OWB and try wearing it around the house and gets "the feel" of carrying a 2lb+ pistol BEFORE you
spend alot on a nice holster that is mostlikely going to end up in
something we ALL have and that's a shoe box full of holsters.

But it is a personal preference and some depending what they do in
daily life don't mind carrying full sized 1911's which weight about the same.
If he's one of those then please disregard my post.
I'm only trying to help save some $$$ and make a mistake lots
of us have made.
I can say WORST holster i've bought was an uncle mike's IWB
that had zero retention and my S&W M&P works it's way OUT
every time i sat down.

+ on Remora and to me the "best" is Super Tuck

PdxMotoxer
02-04-13, 20:18
I found this on eBay.
looks pretty good and seller has 99.9%

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IWB-Kydex-Leather-Hybrid-Holster-Ruger-SR9-SR9c-SR40-SR40c-LCP-LC9-SR1911-/270904900966?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f1330bd66

*I DON'T KNOW THEM or EVER bought from them!! i just had some extra time and was searching to see what i could find*

P95 LH IWB