PDA

View Full Version : And the best commercials go to....

jwfuhrman
02-03-13, 23:00
Chrysler yet again. Last year it was their Its Half Time America with Clint Eastwood this year, their Ram Truck "Farmers" AD takes it with the Jeep "Whole Again" in 2nd place.

I rate the Farmers ad higher as it hits so very close to home to me and so much of my family and ancestry because it is true.

FARMERS:
http://youtu.be/AMpZ0TGjbWE

WHOLE AGAIN:
http://youtu.be/FadwTBcvISo

obucina
02-03-13, 23:12
The Paul Harvey intro caught my attention. The others were funny, but the Ram commercial took it. Although, my father drove a Bronco.

feedramp
02-03-13, 23:14
Thought last year's HalfTime commercial was stupid, but that farmer one was aight.

TXBob
Jeep. (Whole again)

And Oreo (CREAM FILLING!)

tb-av
Yep, Paul Harvey and Ram.

Missed the first half. Had TV on wrong channel. Turned it on right when Beyonce ended ( which was fine with me ).

3 AE
02-03-13, 23:16
Yes Sir, "The Farmers" nailed it. To recognize that commitment in all of us, said it all.

VIP3R 237
02-03-13, 23:21
Dodge was the best overall, but Tide's Montana was classic.

montanadave
02-03-13, 23:46
Call me a sentimental old fool. I thought the Dodge/Paul Harvey/farmer ad was as heartfelt as they come and I also liked the Bud/clydesdale spot.

SMETNA
02-04-13, 01:42
I cried during the Clydesdale one

feedramp
02-04-13, 06:32
That Jeep one gets points for using the Band of Brothers title music. :)

Sensei
02-04-13, 07:05
That Jeep one gets points for using the Band of Brothers title music. :)

Not trying to be a douche, but the song came from HBO's The Pacific. The song is called "Honor" for those who might be interested in downloading it from iTunes. If you like it, check out some of Hans Zimmer's other work. He is a modern musical genius, and is the mind behind music from movies such as Gladiator, Batman, Inception, etc.

Watrdawg
02-04-13, 07:28
Tie between "The Farmer" and the "Whole Again" Jeep commercials. The Clydesdale commercial was good also. Other than that most of them stunk.

Spiffums
02-04-13, 07:42
The E Trade Baby was funny. And I liked the Jamaican VW ad.

Magic_Salad0892
02-04-13, 07:54
I liked Tide's Montana one.

markm
02-04-13, 08:02
If only Dodge made vehicles as good as their Ad company made commercials. :mad:

Magic_Salad0892
02-04-13, 08:07

Speaking from experience?

markm
02-04-13, 08:15
Speaking from experience?

Mine and a few co-workers. I like the looks of the Ram truck line. I wish they were better quality.

jwfuhrman
02-04-13, 08:29
Speaking from experience, we beat the shit out of our farm trucks. Ram trucks take it better than Chevy and WAY better than Ford..... We had a Ford not last even 3 seasons before it took a complete shit. Ram Trucks and Chevy are all we buy, and with this marketing, the next one is gonna be a Ram Truck.

Plus I drive a 2010 Jeep, so I'm kinda already partial to the Jeep line lol

Failure2Stop
02-04-13, 08:39
How about links to the commercials for those of us that might have missed them?

markm
02-04-13, 08:44
Speaking from experience, we beat the shit out of our farm trucks. Ram trucks take it better than Chevy and WAY better than Ford..... We had a Ford not last even 3 seasons before it took a complete shit. Ram Trucks and Chevy are all we buy, and with this marketing, the next one is gonna be a Ram Truck.

Yep. They're tough. It's the electronincs and electric motors.... pretty much what sucks in all American cars. The computer brain, the powder window motors, etc. All that crap that goes out about a month after warrantee is gone. :rolleyes:

A coworker here had the bottom end of his engine let go. He had to replace his Ram's entire engine.. but that's probably one of those fluke things.

jwfuhrman
02-04-13, 08:49
Yep. They're tough. It's the electronincs and electric motors.... pretty much what sucks in all American cars. The computer brain, the powder window motors, etc. All that crap that goes out about a month after warrantee is gone. :rolleyes:

A coworker here had the bottom end of his engine let go. He had to replace his Ram's entire engine.. but that's probably one of those fluke things.

haha, yea, I agree. Every American made vehicles has shit electronics.... damn Chinese sending the bottom feeder stuff....

jwfuhrman
02-04-13, 08:49

links in my OP

Travis B
02-04-13, 08:53

I wouldn't mind seeing some funny ones.

markm
02-04-13, 08:55
I wouldn't mind seeing some funny ones.

I didn't see any funny ones. :confused:

They were pretty unremarkable for the most part.

Travis B
02-04-13, 09:21
I didn't see any funny ones. :confused:

They were pretty unremarkable for the most part.

I was working through the game so didn't see any. Did enjoy the Harvey video, however.

Failure2Stop
02-04-13, 09:37
links in my OP

Haha, yeah, you were the only one, was kinda nudging the other posters.

markm
02-04-13, 09:45
On a side note, I'm surprised to see so many watched the game.

There was a thread on here not too long ago where everyone was bashing football and the people who worship the players, etc.

I agree that part of the game is stupid. But I was surprised to see so many who don't get the strategy and complexity of the game. Football is the ULTIMATE Sun Tzuian excersize.

lethal dose
02-04-13, 09:55

Quite the opposite of my experience. While I do think the 5.9 cummins is the best full size pickup diesel, everything always went wrong with our Dodges...chassis, body, and component wise. RUST was a complete nightmare, suspension, tie rods, ball joints, electronics, etc. My best friend owns a shop and sees more dodge trucks through it then any car on the road. Chevy, in my opinion, has the best gas engine in the full size class, and ford has the best body and components, in my experience. At any rate, the Dodge commercial was great.

kry226
02-04-13, 10:18
I am just glad there were a couple commercials suitable enough to not have to send the kids out of the room.

Chrysler takes it. Hard to pick between between the Jeep and Dodge/Ram.

jwfuhrman
02-04-13, 10:23
It's not so much it was a Dodge commercial that I like it was the message they were conveying.

kry226
02-04-13, 10:28
It's not so much it was a Dodge commercial that I like it was the message they were conveying.

Absolutlely. Couldn't care less about the actual vehicles. Although in full disclosure, I am a Dodge Ram Cummins guy.

TacticalSledgehammer
02-04-13, 10:33
Absolutlely. Couldn't care less about the actual vehicles. Although in full disclosure, I am a Dodge Ram Cummins guy.

Same here man. I've got an 05 with the 5.9 Cummins in it.

Dodge trucks pre 2010 had a lot of quality issues. Now the new Rams are better than Ford or GM (3/4 ton and larger). I've test driven them all.

Dave_M
02-04-13, 10:34
Didn't watch the game (I didn't even know who was playing; not really a sports fan). However, I did hitup youtube this morning to check out the commercials. Pretty, 'meh' this year.

The Oreo one was OK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufu5sqJh24Q

I think I preferred the Doritos commercials overall though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmhhbJIBoNs

The Dodge commercial had good cinematography. Too much religion for my taste though.

02-04-13, 12:22

Gotta' give a big 'ol disagree. All we have ever run has been Ford 250's, 350's, and some flatbed 450's. Always solid. Had a Dodge one time. Lasted a single season before starting to nickle and dime.

Back to the commercials. The "Farmers" ad was great.

The_War_Wagon
02-04-13, 14:00

Well... they do... but you might need a waaaaayback machine to get one... ;)

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/Ramcharger/HALF7.jpg

jwfuhrman
02-04-13, 14:11
Thanks to who ever cleaned up this thread. Its appreciated.

back on track - The newest Ram Trucks are REALLY impressive. We used to be chevy only until 2000 when we got our first Dodge 3/4 Cummins. Its a damn nice truck, still running strong. We got a new Chevy 3/4 Diesel in 2011(a 2010 NEW old stock) only because of the amount of incentives, we could damn near EXPENSE 50%, not deduct, but expense!

Oh next truck will be another Dodge, although it wont be for farm use, just every day use. Gotta keep that separate.

ryr8828
02-04-13, 14:55
I guess I'm the only one who liked the bully football team commercial.

kry226
02-04-13, 15:31
I guess I'm the only one who liked the bully football team commercial.

No, it was good too, but admittedly, not in the same league as Jeep/Ram, IMHO.

VIP3R 237
02-04-13, 15:42
Thanks to who ever cleaned up this thread. Its appreciated.

back on track - The newest Ram Trucks are REALLY impressive. We used to be chevy only until 2000 when we got our first Dodge 3/4 Cummins. Its a damn nice truck, still running strong. We got a new Chevy 3/4 Diesel in 2011(a 2010 NEW old stock) only because of the amount of incentives, we could damn near EXPENSE 50%, not deduct, but expense!

Oh next truck will be another Dodge, although it wont be for farm use, just every day use. Gotta keep that separate.

My dad has owned a diesel repair and performance shop for the last 37 years and he says the Cummins is with out a doubt the best engine out there. Fords are getting better overall, but he will not own a Government Motors China product ever again.

kwelz
02-04-13, 16:57
I am not a big dodge fan. But My father in law is an engineer for Cummins so I am partial to the engines..

jwfuhrman
02-04-13, 21:18
Where did I hear that Ford bought Cummins?

02-04-13, 21:29
IIRC, Ford bought a shitload of Cummins stock that was eventually repurchased by Cummins.

obucina
02-04-13, 21:34

As soon as I heard Harvey's voice, I secretly hoped that it would be a blank screen and the "If I were the devil" monologue.

jwfuhrman
02-04-13, 22:48
IIRC, Ford bought a shitload of Cummins stock that was eventually repurchased by Cummins.

gotcha. The rumor mill had it that when Ford bought Cummins majority, Ford gave Dodge a "find a new motor" speech, which then spawned the rumor of Chrysler bought the Duramax company and they told GM the same thing which spawned a rumor of Catepillar motors in GM trucks....

I secretly had hoped that part would have been true, cause the combo of a Allison transmission with a Catepillar motor would create an indestructible power train....

ThirdWatcher
02-05-13, 00:47
...The newest Ram Trucks are REALLY impressive...

I'm sure happy with my '12 Ram 3500 SRW CTD.