PDA

View Full Version : Newbie-Non pro-Looking for input

UpNorthWolf
03-08-08, 11:01
Hello all,

Part of this might be better for a different area, but Ill start here. I am not new to shooting, just to ARs. I also have a Garand, M-14, and a Polytech Legend AK if there are other needs.

I have just purchased a used post-ban ('90s) Bushy carbine with a 1:9" and standard armguards. I also bought a new ADS Mod I carbine with a 1:7" and Surefire M73 fore end. Both will be up north rifles with lots of acreage, coyotes and varmits, and possibly home defense and SHTF. I want to set up one of them for one need (sorta') and the other differently as I get used to them. The Mod I with a TD fore grip, Wolf Eyes 6M light (bright I know, but if I am walking around the house I want to reach out) and Vtac mount, and an Aimpoint (2LM or 3LM, not purchased yet). For the Bushy I am thinking a variable power scope and maybe a laser for longer range outdoor stuff. Both have CTR stocks and VTAC padded slings. I will use different sling mounting spots and methods for a bit to decide what I like. So, not too crazy with gear strapped to them, but functional.

Again, I am not kicking doors, but I may take a rifle course and may even set up something on my property to practice things. So, looking at input on mid-priced lasers and maybe decent variable scopes (looking at the Millett). Or chime in on other things. What say you all?

Thanks,

Rick

MIKE G
03-08-08, 15:16

UpNorthWolf
03-08-08, 15:30
Thanks and pretty much was I was thinking, give or take.

Rick

MIKE G
03-08-08, 15:34

UpNorthWolf
03-08-08, 16:23
I have to start slower Doc, I don't have a spare $10,000 after the two rifles and accessories :)

I do have over 3,000 rounds thus far and just ordered an Aimpoint ML2 with a Larue mount, so I'm plugging away at it.

Rick

MIKE G
03-08-08, 17:06