PDA

View Full Version : Selector smacks selector stop

jordan_sainz
02-05-13, 11:25
Obviously the stop is there to stop the selector, but the selector in all my other lowers stop on their own. I swapped selectors and same issue. This is a high end lower, and it's SBR'ed, so I am somewhat invested.

Ive been told by the maker that some lowers do this and some don't. Has anyone else experienced this?

Best

-J

signal4l
02-05-13, 11:31
I had a Rock River that did this with one of their star selectors. I didnt notice it until the stop snapped off. I had to try 3 selectors until I found one that fit. LMT seems to make a good selector

If you cant find a good selector due to the current madness I would dremel the one you have. Remove a bit of material to prevent damage to the receiver

jordan_sainz
02-05-13, 11:34
So you're saying my lower is'nt the issue?

-J

Magsz
02-05-13, 11:37
I have the same issue.

It is the selector. There is too much spring pressure on the detent causing it to rocket back into position.

Find another selector that has a better manufactured detent and a lesser spring rate like the BADASS safety lever.

I cannot say whether or not the BADASS has a reduced spring rate BUT every badass i have ever used feels smoother (because of the precision machined detents) and will not beat your lower to smithereens.

jordan_sainz
02-05-13, 11:40
Great, thanks for the advice. Kind of embarassed that I hadnt thought of that, but I'm new at this. I just got my stamp back on a stripped lower and was about to swap, but Dremel seems much better.

-J

jordan_sainz
02-05-13, 11:52
My 'puter tells me that Larue sells the BADASS lever...add to cart!

Speaking of Larue, spent some time w Mark's son and wife at their first Range Day....nicest people ever :)

markm
02-05-13, 11:56
Speaking of Larue, spent some time w Mark's son and wife at their first Range Day....nicest people ever :)

They should share that quality with Mark. :rolleyes:

jordan_sainz
02-05-13, 12:02
backstory?

thopkins22
02-05-13, 12:04
backstory?

Not that people really want to rehash.... Suffice it to say that I don't think there's anyone that doesn't believe they produce great product, but that perhaps their chief, cook, and bottle washer ought to give some serious thought to staying off of the internet....

markm
02-05-13, 12:17
Not that people really want to rehash.... Suffice it to say that I don't think there's anyone that doesn't believe they produce great product, but that perhaps their chief, cook, and bottle washer ought to give some serious thought to staying off of the internet....

Well put. Do his thing and let the product speak for itself.:)

jordan_sainz
02-05-13, 12:33
Google'd and got the story, thanks

eodinert
02-05-13, 16:39
The hole for your detent may be drilled in the wrong place,as well.