PDA

View Full Version : bcm magazine catch issues?

farmhard
02-05-13, 22:20
hope someone can help or give me a little info so here goes. i have a bcm lower that the mag catch seems to be overly sensitive. a very slight pressure on the button seems to release the mag. is there any possible adjustment. im left hander so its pretty annoying when walking to stands for coyote hunts and my mag falls out. any help is much appreciated.

JBecker 72
02-05-13, 22:24
Is this a factory assembled rifle, or did you assemble the lower yourself? Make sure the button is threaded on the catch far enough, often times people don't thread it in far enough when they assemble a lower.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

thopkins22
02-05-13, 22:47
Get a plastic or brass punch. A number two pencil also works well if you use the eraser.

Push the button in using the punch till it clears the receiver on the inside. The actual catch will now be sticking out the other side far enough that you can rotate it(you'll notice that it screws into the button that you'll be pushing in.) Giving it another turn will tighten it up.

farmhard
02-06-13, 06:05
thanks for the info guys. used the number two pencil. spun the catch a couple turns seems to have solved the problem.

JS-Maine
02-06-13, 09:06
If you are still wondering if you have it set correctly- this video should provide you a good visual reference. IIRC the first part he installs is the mag release.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yysdZSXxhhQ