PDA

View Full Version : m4 cuts on a vltor upper

pearson
03-09-08, 13:05
well i have a little problem all i need to know is if it is ok to grind the feed ramps on a regular barrel to the m4 profile.

i have a barrel with regular feed ramps on a vltor upper with m4 feed ramps and this causes a failure to feed because the bullet will get cought in between the barrel and upper. But it will work flawlessly with pmags to bad i only have one :p

i would like to order a noveske barrel some day i just cant afford it right now but those to have the m4 feed ramps correct.

SuicideHz
03-09-08, 13:27
John-

I'd chew out the guy who traded you for that upper first and foremost...

No, don't try to dremel the ramps in yourself. Definitely not with the barrel in the upper.

See if you can trade out the barrel for a barrel with ramps or send the barrel to someone like Steve at ADCO to have them put in the barrel extension.

Stickman
03-09-08, 14:25
well i have a little problem all i need to know is if it is ok to grind the feed ramps on a regular barrel to the m4 profile.

i have a barrel with regular feed ramps on a vltor upper with m4 feed ramps and this causes a failure to feed because the bullet will get cought in between the barrel and upper. But it will work flawlessly with pmags to bad i only have one :p

i would like to order a noveske barrel some day i just cant afford it right now but those to have the m4 feed ramps correct.

You are going to spend more money trying to get this fixed than you want. There is a different angle on the two styles of feedramps, and I'm not sure you would be able to cut them correctly from the standard to the M4 style.

You can always check to see what a new barrel extension will run, but I doubt you will find it cheap to get the work done, and its not something 99.99% of us are able to do ourselves.

pearson
03-09-08, 14:28
that is why i want just try to match the feed ramps to the receiver for the time being.

but a noveske barrel does have m4 feed ramps correct