PDA

View Full Version : Deleted

davidjinks
02-07-13, 09:13
Deleted

kry226
02-07-13, 10:35
The fact of the matter is that the Pentagon has tried for years to cut Tricare or increase fees, and to date, Congress hasn't ever come close to approving those increases or reductions (not that Congress ever listens to DoD anyway). I still think it's a taboo issue for them.

Personally, I am on the fence. While I certainly understand the slippery slope concept, the .mil has taken care of me and my family beyond what I could ever fiscally repay. While I appreciate the benefits that comes with serving, as a retiree, I would probably have a hard time complaining about spending $2k/yr for heathcare for me and my family.

Many folks spend many times that per year for less coverage.

VooDoo6Actual
02-07-13, 10:43
Good to see you post again. You are on the correct azimuth & get it.

The ignorance is unfortunately ONLY overshadowed by some people's arrogance / hubris & those reluctant to be intellectually honest & still in denial ....

Thx for the post.

GotAmmo
02-07-13, 11:33
5 yrs til retirement and I wouldnt have much issue with paying into Tricare

eta:
with all the vaccines they've pumped into me that are just numbers and letters I'm gunna need all the medical care I can get

CarlosDJackal
02-07-13, 11:45
How else are they going to fund their Social Experiments and keep obama flying in style?

Hmac
02-07-13, 12:11
At least the coverage and reimbursement rates remain good for TriCare. Medicare OTOH appears to be heading toward broad-based non-participation by doctors.

Belmont31R
02-07-13, 20:53
Good. Tricare for dependents should be competitive but not a giveme. In fact I think it would be great for the military to move toward a more flat rate pay system where single soldiers get paid just as much as married, and end the 'getting married to move out of he barracks' syndrome. That way single soldiers get paid more but poor personal choices are not rewarded.

SOWT
02-08-13, 20:51
The problem is rates will rise faster then inflation, so your pay raise as a retiree will not cover the increase.

I have a problem with that; BAMC (and other military hospitals) spend millions of dollars each year treating non-DoD trauma cases, minimal (if any) reimbursement. Let medicaid/Medicare start reimbursing DoD and then ask me to pay "my fair share".

J8127
02-08-13, 21:41
The fact of the matter is that the Pentagon has tried for years to cut Tricare or increase fees, and to date, Congress hasn't ever come close to approving those increases or reductions (not that Congress ever listens to DoD anyway). I still think it's a taboo issue for them.

Personally, I am on the fence. While I certainly understand the slippery slope concept, the .mil has taken care of me and my family beyond what I could ever fiscally repay. While I appreciate the benefits that comes with serving, as a retiree, I would probably have a hard time complaining about spending $2k/yr for heathcare for me and my family.

Many folks spend many times that per year for less coverage.

I agree. My brother is paying $1400 A MONTH for his healthy family of four.

I don't think military benefits is the place to get cuts, I think it's bullshit that fed and DoD civilians aren't getting hit as well, I hate Obama and everything he wants to do, but you could double or even triple Tricare fees and it would still be mind numbingly cheap compared to what civilians pay.