PDA

View Full Version : laminated Sanford

Ike990
02-07-13, 21:10
Have any of you guys come across a laminated pocket sized Sanford? I have been looking everywhere but all i can find is the vinyl cover. I would get the spiral sized one and just do it myself but it was far to big for my pack.

Texas42
02-08-13, 19:06
I can't find a laminated one, but you buy a digital copy.

FL2011
02-13-13, 20:51
Sanford antibiotic guide?? Don't think or ever seen a laminated one.... What would be the purpose?

Ike990
02-13-13, 22:23
Sanford antibiotic guide?? Don't think or ever seen a laminated one.... What would be the purpose?

I live in northwest Washington which all of you know gets dumped on for rain. I have to make trips into the field on occasion and the last outing I did my Sanford got soaked. I know I could put it in a waterproof bag but when I take it out and read it in the rain its still going to get soaked. I thought a laminated one would be a good solution.

FL2011
04-04-13, 16:49
I see. Honestly I'd just put it in a bag.

Are you in the medical field? If you don't have any formal training it's probably not really that handy/useful of a resource to have to carry with you. I definitely don't see a urgent situation where you would need to actively refer to it IN the rain.

jbjh
04-26-13, 23:31
Resize a PDF how you want, print it out and take it to kinkos. They can lam it for you

Chrisutk
02-25-16, 18:55
Resize a PDF how you want, print it out and take it to kinkos. They can lam it for you

I use waterproof and tear resistant paper, which can be used with inkjet printers, I normally get it from Amazon, see below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006687T?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

coastwatcher42
06-18-16, 10:34
I use waterproof and tear resistant paper, which can be used with inkjet printers, I normally get it from Amazon, see below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006687T?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

How well does the ink adhere to the paper when it gets wet?

YO_Doc
06-19-16, 10:12
I have always just used Thompson's Water Seal on maps or other documents that I need to protect from water. This plus a zip lock bag and you will be GTG, has worked for me in the jungle and the Arctic.