PDA

View Full Version : New Glock - trigger's a pain!

wha-tah-hey
02-08-13, 00:27
Ok - so I have a new Glock 30SF and I can shoot a 5-shot ragged hole @ 7 yds with it w/HB, so it's a keeper.
I did the $.25 trigger job and installed a Ghost 3.5# connector.
But something about the trigger really digs in low on the pad of my finger.
Seems there's too much curve in it, combined with the downward angle of my sorta thick finger.

I dressed the grooves off on the right side and it helped a little, but even 5 shots begins to irritate.

Has anyone else dealt with this?
Any cure for it, other than building up a callous mebbe?
If one'll fit, do the smooth triggers have the same curvature>

Thanks.

wha-tah-hey
02-09-13, 19:16
Anyone?

jonconsiglio
02-09-13, 19:34
Is it the trigger safety causing the problem?

I took an extra trigger (I run gen 3 17 smooth triggers) and very, very lightly curved the trigger safety so it was more in line with the trigger. Then I spent a good bit of time dry firing to make sure there was no chance I wouldn't deactivate it. It made quite a difference and do it to all my Glocks. But I can't stews (STRESS - not stews) how little work I do, just basically add the slightest curve to the center of it.

Jon

GJM
02-09-13, 19:37
Ok - so I have a new Glock 30SF and I can shoot a 5-shot ragged hole @ 7 yds with it w/HB, so it's a keeper.
I did the $.25 trigger job and installed a Ghost 3.5# connector.
But something about the trigger really digs in low on the pad of my finger.
Seems there's too much curve in it, combined with the downward angle of my sorta thick finger.

I dressed the grooves off on the right side and it helped a little, but even 5 shots begins to irritate.

Has anyone else dealt with this?
Any cure for it, other than building up a callous mebbe?
If one'll fit, do the smooth triggers have the same curvature>

Thanks.

Exactly where on your finger are you contacting the trigger?

wha-tah-hey
02-09-13, 19:47
It's not the safety - it's here:

machman72
02-09-13, 20:57
Something that I do to all my Glocks is to shape the trigger safety to the same contour as the trigger. I also install a smooth trigger on them. But, I don't have any large frame Glocks and can't comment on whether a smooth trigger bar can be installed.

wha-tah-hey
02-09-13, 21:09
Something that I do to all my Glocks is to shape the trigger safety to the same contour as the trigger. I also install a smooth trigger on them. But, I don't have any large frame Glocks and can't comment on whether a smooth trigger bar can be installed.

I recontoured the safety when I took the grooves off the right side, but I'll take another look - it may still project just enought to focus pressure.

wha-tah-hey
02-09-13, 21:17
Well, there was a little protrusion still, and I've dressed it down.
I'll shoot some tomorrow if it doesn't rain and report back.

machman72
02-09-13, 21:17
I recontoured the safety when I took the grooves off the right side, but I'll take another look - it may still project just enought to focus pressure.

Research to see if the G21 is a smooth trigger and if the G30SF will interchange with it. If so, doing this will give you a smooth trigger.

samuse
02-09-13, 21:27
I'm betting it's not the trigger.

Your finger may be sliding down the face of the trigger and getting pinched between the bottom of the trigger and the inside of the trigger guard during recoil.

Clear the gun, check it, clear it and check it again.

Now play with it and wedge your finger between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. Hitting the hot spot?

Let us know...

wha-tah-hey
02-09-13, 21:28
Research to see if the G21 is a smooth trigger and if the G30SF will interchange with it. If so, doing this will give you a smooth trigger.

"GLOCK OEM factory Trigger with Trigger Bar - G20, G20SF, G21, G21SF, (new part marked 4256-1, with smooth trigger) Also, can be used on G29, G29SF, G30, G30SF as replacement with smooth trigger."

So if the reshape doesn't help, I may hafta try with the replacement.
Should know tomorrow.
Sure thought someone else might've had the same problem.

Thanks, machman.

wha-tah-hey
02-09-13, 21:41
I'm betting it's not the trigger.

Your finger may be sliding down the face of the trigger and getting pinched between the bottom of the trigger and the inside of the trigger guard during recoil.

Clear the gun, check it, clear it and check it again.

Now play with it and wedge your finger between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. Hitting the hot spot?

Let us know...

I just checked - my pad doesn't even quite cover the very bottom of the trigger itself and I can't make any part wedge between.
Dryfiring several dozen times doesn't seem to be developing the tenderness.
Maybe removing the safety tip protrusion has cured it.
I'll find out tomorrow.

wha-tah-hey
02-10-13, 10:57
Well, I managed to get a couple mags emptied this morning with no irritation, so I think that slight protrusion of the trigger safety tip was causing the soreness.

Thanks to all for your input, especially jonconsiglio and machman72 for leading me to reexamine the safety.

regards and good shooting! :)

jonconsiglio
02-10-13, 14:20
Glad it worked out for you. Just be sure you don't remove too much where you can still work the trigger if your grip is not ideal.