PDA

View Full Version : Colt Lawman MK III Value?

Big A
02-08-13, 17:36
Hello everyone, :)

A coworker of mine has a very nice Colt Lawman MK III in .357 that he wants to sell. It looks like it is brand new. No holster wear, the wood grips don't have any mars on them, it doesn't even look like it's been fired. It looks like it went straight from the factory into a gun safe.

He wants to try and get $500 for it. Is this a good price? I don't know much about Colt revolvers but I'm a sucker for wheel guns.

Thanks in advance to all who reply...:cool:

Lacos
02-08-13, 19:44
Hey Big A, if that's a 2" Lawman, buy it! That is a great price. If it comes with box & docs, even better.

fury413rb
02-08-13, 22:25
If that is something you want I wouldnt let it too far out of your sights.

Around here that is very good price for a clean one. I havent seen one in over a year...

DocH
02-08-13, 22:59
I'd pay that for a 2 inch Lawman in that good condiition.They are rarely seen around these parts,and strong serviceable guns.

FotoTomas
02-12-13, 14:49
Coming in late but in todays world that price seems fair for the condition. When I was packing revolvers for police work the Colt Lawman MkIII and Trooper MkIII were popular options for the Colt lovers who could not afford a Python. I carried a Trooper MkIII for awhile myself.

MadDog
02-20-13, 13:53
I am a sucker for the snubbie Lawman as well as the little Python. I paid $580 for mine some years ago with original wood stocks (I added the Stags) so yes it seems like a fair price for the one you are looking at. I paid three times that two years ago for the 1967 Python but it was in 98% condition and after all it is a Python.

MadDogb :secret:

ETA: I sometimes like to CCW both in a "New York Reload" holster on my strong side. That way I have a strong side draw and a cross draw (great in vehicles).

http://imageshack.us/a/img717/7641/coltlawman005.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img638/8216/coltlawman013.jpg

Ranger325
02-20-13, 15:48
http://imageshack.us/a/img717/7641/coltlawman005.jpg

Sweet pistols MadDog - Look like Executioner's grips to me??

MadDog
02-20-13, 16:25
Ranger325: The Stags were made by Patrick Grashorn when he still lived in Greeley, CO. Does he go by the name executioner? I know he does a lot of Cowboy Action shooting. I believe he picked up and moved to WY.

MadDog

Ranger325
02-22-13, 08:41
Ranger325: The Stags were made by Patrick Grashorn when he still lived in Greeley, CO. Does he go by the name executioner? I know he does a lot of Cowboy Action shooting. I believe he picked up and moved to WY.

MadDog

Yep, that's the man. He does great work. Had not heard about his move, but it's been a while since I was in contact. I have his stuff on a 1911 and a SW M66. ( love that lil' Python!! )

Big A
02-25-13, 13:02
Cool snubs Maddog :cool:

The model I'm looking at has a 4in barrel. Looks like your typical old "service revolver"...

40Arpent
02-25-13, 20:10
Cool snubs Maddog :cool:

The model I'm looking at has a 4in barrel. Looks like your typical old "service revolver"...

I recently bought the same revolver, unfired, for $500, and considered it a hell of a good deal.