PDA

View Full Version : Interesting trade offer...

chuckman
02-08-13, 17:46
With all of the nuttiness of the anti-gun hoopla, I bought and squirreled away a gen 4 Glock 17 (mainly for the hi-cap mags). Someone wants to trade for a stainless steel SIG p220. Ordinarily I would say "pass," but this particular gun has had the works done by Total Automation and is perhaps the best-shooting gun I have ever shot. Dunno....now on the fence.....

Crow Hunter
02-08-13, 17:53
With all of the nuttiness of the anti-gun hoopla, I bought and squirreled away a gen 4 Glock 17 (mainly for the hi-cap mags). Someone wants to trade for a stainless steel SIG p220. Ordinarily I would say "pass," but this particular gun has had the works done by Total Automation and is perhaps the best-shooting gun I have ever shot. Dunno....now on the fence.....

If your defensive needs are covered elsewhere and you bought the G17 "just because" anyway. Why not trade it on a gun that you obviously would enjoy owning and shooting?

What reason do you have for NOT trading?

blueorison
02-12-13, 18:03
Trade it.

PathofPain
02-13-13, 12:40
If you love it, ask yourself if you'd be kicking yourself later if the deal went away.

Magic_Salad0892
02-13-13, 12:45
The Glock 17 is a 9x19mm pistol that weighs 23 oz., carries 17 rounds and has an established record for reliability. Parts are easy to be found, it's an easy gun to work on, and maintain. Most problems are diagnosed/fixed easily. It's easy to carry. Plenty accurate. Mags are usually plentiful (not right now), and 9x19mm is cheaper. It's also an easier gun to shoot well.

The SIG P220 is a single stack .45 that holds 8 rounds, and weighs like 40 oz. It has a record for unreliability. Parts are not everywhere. SIG has shitty QC. It's a DA/SA gun, which (for most shooters) is a disadvantage. It also will be a harder gun to sell, if you do. I also cannot verify that it's anymore accurate than a G17. Also, sucks to carry. (My girlfriend's dad carried one for a while, and he was always bitching about it.)

I'd have to question your sanity if you traded any G17 for any SIG P220. No matter who worked on it.

chuckman
02-13-13, 18:13
Moot point; I passed on it. Thanks to all for input.