PDA

View Full Version : Larue Updated Policy for State and Local LEO Sales

djegators
02-08-13, 20:40
NEWS RELEASE:
02/08/2013 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm's sales - and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *

ZGXtreme
02-08-13, 20:46
I have no problem with it whatsoever. Only thing I'd change would be to include Federal and .Mil.

Alaskapopo
02-08-13, 20:47
NEWS RELEASE:
02/08/2012 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm's sales - and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *

I got this email and as a long time customer who has spent thousands with Larue I will not anymore. Why is it that Federal LEO and Military lives are worth more than mine?
Pat

madisonsfinest
02-08-13, 20:50
Agreed Alaska. Apparently the sales for those agencies are too high to lose. It sounds hypocritical as a lot of this talk is coming from the Fed.

djegators
02-08-13, 20:53
I got this email and as a long time customer who has spent thousands with Larue I will not anymore. Why is it that Federal LEO and Military lives are worth more than mine?
Pat

Curious, what is it you are purchasing as an agency from Larue, that you are prohibited from buying as a civilian?

Safetyhit
02-08-13, 20:54
Maybe they could alter the fine print, but overall they're taking a noble stand for what is fundamentally right.

theblackknight
02-08-13, 20:58
Curious, what is it you are purchasing as an agency from Larue, that you are prohibited from buying as a civilian?

Stand by for the free country defense.

jpmuscle
02-08-13, 21:02
Pat

Just for the record you have made similar arguments in other threads suggesting you should be exempt from civilian restrictions because your an you LEO.

Soooo yea that is how the non LEOs have been feeling right along.

8200rpm
02-08-13, 21:08

I'm pretty sure Alaska is going to one up CA and NY and enact stricter gun controls.:rolleyes:

Crocodile tears and violin music from an AK LEO.

CarlosDJackal
02-08-13, 21:08
Pat

Um, if you read the letter they are concerned about the local laws. Basically, it sounds like they were advised to apply the local laws to the local LEOs in order to avoid finding themselves getting targeted for legal action because the stupid Governors did not think about the repercussions of new anti-gun laws (IE: NY State).

I can't say I blame them. What good will it do to anyone if they end up closing shop because of the cost of litigation?

gun71530
02-08-13, 21:11
Sounds good to me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

MaceWindu
02-08-13, 21:13
I rarely post anymore, just read...but...

Pat

How is it that LEO lives are worth more than mine? The public you serve and protect? We can't have Larue guns in CA...so?

MW

Moose-Knuckle
02-08-13, 21:25

Pat

How is it that LEO lives are worth more than mine? The public you serve and protect?

MW

Nail meet hammer.

And I'm glad to see LaRue on board with this however it should be extended to FLEA as well.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-08-13, 21:30
Glad to here that

Safetyhit
02-08-13, 21:52

How is it that LEO lives are worth more than mine? The public you serve and protect? We can't have Larue guns in CA...so?

MW

I know you're a little mad but good to see you back. Mean that.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-08-13, 21:54
Wait so they will still sell to everyone but local LE?

madisonsfinest
02-08-13, 22:12

That's what I got out of reading it quickly

feedramp
02-08-13, 22:22
Pat
Your BS is really getting old, dude.

RyanB
02-08-13, 22:23
Agreed Alaska. Apparently the sales for those agencies are too high to lose. It sounds hypocritical as a lot of this talk is coming from the Fed.

How many nuclear weapons does the state of California guard?

kmrtnsn
02-08-13, 22:27
Pat

I cannot think of a single Federal agency that authorizes privately owned LaRue rifles for official carry.

Oh, and bravo to LaRue tactical. I'd like to see more and more manufacturers tow this line with EVERY LE agency.

kmrtnsn
02-08-13, 22:29
How many nuclear weapons does the state of California guard?

NONE.

kmrtnsn
02-08-13, 22:30

What they are saying is that if that can't sell to the locals, then they aren't selling to the local LE.

Straight Shooter
02-08-13, 22:31
WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE:
1.EVERY maker of arms & munitions....accessories{holsters,scopes,ect} accept NO FURTHER contracts from ANY Federal agency, period. NO MORE sales to anti-gun states like Kalifornia, New York, Jersey, ect.
2. After all current contracts expire....no more servicing or repair of any arms purchased by any Federal or anti-gun State agency.
3. All arms makers to focuse SOLELY on supplying the civilian market
4.STOP immediately complying with the ridiculous laws only a couple or three states have imposed on weapons makers that require them to do such idiotic things like provide a spent shell casing and trigger lock, or have additional safties like mag safeties and simply refuse to allow weapons to be sold in those states to ANYONE, civie but especially law enforcement/federal agencies.
NOPE..NO GUNS FOR YOU.
5. STOP this ridiculous "For sale to law enforcement/Govermnet Agencies ONLY " BULLSHIT that some makers have, especially for ammo.
This is just stuff off the top of my head I can think of that would send a mssg and make a difference.
Were I a weapons/arms maker I wouldnt sell SHIT to any of these people, just civilians only.

newyork
02-08-13, 22:41
Stand up move Larue.

ZGXtreme
02-08-13, 22:46

I'll offset his comments for the crowd and state that as an officer, I support this move on Larue's part. I am a citizen first, long before I am a cop.

threeheadeddog
02-08-13, 22:57
I'll offset his comments for the crowd and state that as an officer, I support this move on Larue's part. I am a citizen first, long before I am a cop.

I applaud you and respect your willingness to support the freedom and safty of the people you have so willingly devoted your profession to protecting. I also am GREATLY pleased that you see your position as one of service and not authority.

If I am wrong in my assesment please dont ruin my dillusion(but I think I am not)

Shokr21
02-08-13, 23:03

Amen.

If more .mil/gov/le thought like this we'd be better off. I am not saying or implying that the majority of these organizations think they are better than the people they serve simply saying that the population within those organizations exist that think this way.

Bravo LaRue

Alaskapopo
02-08-13, 23:14

It does not affect me but it does affect my brothers and sisters LEO's in ban states.
Pat

Alaskapopo
02-08-13, 23:19

Its not BS I leave that to you the BS master.
Pat

Alaskapopo
02-08-13, 23:21
Just for the record you have made similar arguments in other threads suggesting you should be exempt from civilian restrictions because your an you LEO.

Soooo yea that is how the non LEOs have been feeling right along.

For the record I have said I don't support any gun bans for civilians or leo's. There is an anti LEO contingent on here however that feels if they are getting screwed they should scew cops too. The problem is these are not range toys for us they are live saving tools.
Pat

threeheadeddog
02-08-13, 23:29
For the record I have said I don't support any gun bans for civilians or leo's. There is an anti LEO contingent on here however that feels if they are getting screwed they should scew cops too. The problem is these are not range toys for us they are live saving tools.
Pat

But if your state decides that the mere presence of such tools is dangerous, than are you not incuring unnecessary risk to the populace you are sworn to protect by introducing restricded items into a society that is free of them.

ZGXtreme
02-08-13, 23:31
This whole circumstance would be averted if the FOP as well as the heads of various departments (mostly the large ones) stopped catering to the Anti-Gun crowd and spoke as a true representative of those they are supposed to "lead."

Unfortunantly, the only way to affect that line of thinking is through business. If Larue, Magpul, Colt, etc., swore to cease sales to agencies in jurisdictions where the government had imposed unjust gun measures, then maybe the leadership of these agencies would witness the carnage these new laws create first hand thus altering their stance.

In the big picture do I see this happening, no. Too many executives are blinded by the dollar signs. It's nice to see one with the guts though. Better than none. Would be more effective if they included Federal and .mil though to solidify their stance.

Alaskapopo
02-08-13, 23:35
But if your state decides that the mere presence of such tools is dangerous, than are you not incuring unnecessary risk to the populace you are sworn to protect by introducing restricded items into a society that is free of them.

Look I know people disagree with me on this. But its my money and I am not spending another dime with Larue because they have just screwed over LEO's in those states. I don't care how many on here disagree.
Pat

8200rpm
02-08-13, 23:35
The problem is these are not range toys for us they are live saving tools.
Pat

I didn't realize that the 2A was for range toys.

I guess your belief makes you one of these lunatic fringe tyrants...

"A gun is NOT a defensive weapon. A gun is an offensive weapon used to intimidate and show power. Police officers do not carry a gun as a defensive weapon to defend themselves or their other officers. They carry a gun to be able to do their jobs in a safe and effective manner and face any opposition that we may come upon".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P1fhw_OcdPM#t=389s

MountainRaven
02-08-13, 23:36
Pat

Wait, wait, wait....

Our firearms are toys and yours are life-saving tools?

I thought the entire logic behind an armed civilian populace was because the arms are 'life-saving tools'. For all of us.

Anyway. I was thinking about buying a Bobro or ADM mount for my incoming ACOG. I think I'll have to buy more LaRue crap, now!

Alaskapopo
02-08-13, 23:37
I didn't realize that the 2A was for range toys.

I guess your belief makes you one of these lunatic fringe tyrants...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P1fhw_OcdPM#t=389s

Its reality while the 2nd amendment is obviously not about range toys however most of the shooters on here use them for that and they are never in danger. LEO's on the other hand run towards gun fire while most are running away with urine running down their leg.
Pat

threeheadeddog
02-08-13, 23:41
Look I know people disagree with me on this. But its my money and I am not spending another dime with Larue because they have just screwed over LEO's in those states. I don't care how many on here disagree.
Pat

Hey, one thing I will never belittle someone for is refusing to spend money somewhere that they feel doesnt align with their beliefs. Lord knows that is one of the things that people most often give me crap for. I simply dont support people/tv shows/corporations with my money that I dont agree with. That is why I support Larue in not dealing with those that dont support their 2A beliefs and dont judge you for not supporting Larue that you feel doesnt support your LEO community.

Having said that I dont agree with your stance on the issue.

8200rpm
02-08-13, 23:43
Its reality while the 2nd amendment is obviously not about range toys however most of the shooters on here use them for that and they are never in danger. LEO's on the other hand run towards gun fire while most are running away with urine running down their leg.
Pat

Glad we got that cleared up.

It does not affect me but it does affect my brothers and sisters LEO's in ban states.
Pat

Here's one of your brothers in a ban state... didn't stop this brother of yours from getting whatever he wanted.

http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/chris-dorner-lapd.jpg

Alaskapopo
02-08-13, 23:44

Here's one of your brothers in a ban state... didn't stop this brother of yours from getting whatever he wanted.

He was fired and has not been a cop for three years. Its obvious now however you're an anti leo troll. Welcome to the ignore list.
Pat

MountainRaven
02-08-13, 23:53
Pat

Irrelevant.

As well argue that for private citizens a full-stocked first aid kit is "playing doctor" while for a medical professional that self-same kit is "critical, life-saving equipment".

As for the recent situation in California, the argument could be made that those LEOs running toward the gunfire are the same ones who smash into a vehicle vaguely resembling a suspect's vehicle and then unload on the unfortunate innocent within... while responding to gunshots that were fired by LEOs at other innocents in another vehicle only vaguely resembling the suspect's vehicle. (Not trying to start anything, just saying.)

threeheadeddog
02-08-13, 23:53

Oh dear. Why in the HELL can some people not ingage in a debate without pulling shit like this.

For obvious reasons there are some people on this forum who have vastly different views on a great many things. Debate/arguement is IMHO essential to the process of both understanding your own viewpoint and others. Shit like the post above does absolutely nothing to further the conversation while at the same time both hurting the people on one side of the arguements ligitmacy by invalidating their opinion and pissing off the people on the other so that no valid dialog can take place.

kmrtnsn
02-09-13, 00:03
Irrelevant.

As well argue that for private citizens a full-stocked first aid kit is "playing doctor" while for a medical professional that self-same kit is "critical, life-saving equipment".

As for the recent situation in California, the argument could be made that those LEOs running toward the gunfire are the same ones who smash into a vehicle vaguely resembling a suspect's vehicle and then unload on the unfortunate innocent within... while responding to gunshots that were fired by LEOs at other innocents in another vehicle only vaguely resembling the suspect's vehicle. (Not trying to start anything, just saying.)

You're painting with a pretty wide brush. I suggest you check it.

MountainRaven
02-09-13, 00:13
You're painting with a pretty wide brush. I suggest you check it.

I wasn't trying to imply that all, most, many, or even a significant number of LEOs are bound to 'run toward the gunfire to shoot innocent people'.

The idea that one person's firearm is 'life-saving equipment' because they, in a manly and unselfish fashion 'run toward the sound of gunfire' (because they have a badge) while another person's firearm is a 'range toy' because they, in a bowel-evacuating and cowardly fashion 'run away from the sound of gunfire' (because they don't have a badge) is pretty ridiculous, though.

RyanB
02-09-13, 00:16
Pat

How many shootings have you been in, gunfighter?

RyanB
02-09-13, 00:16
Pat

They can move. Or ask their representatives to change the law.

HES
02-09-13, 00:19
Pat
This was asked before and you ignored it so here it is again. Why is your life worth more than mine, my wife's or my children's?

TXBob
02-09-13, 00:25
The "press" makes a similar argument all the time.

Only they get true "Freedom of Press" Bloggers are not journalists so they don't get to thumbs noses at judges about sources and the like.

Its tough being caught in the crossfire.

But the law needs to apply to everyone equally. Including those who enforce the law.

Just to really fan the flames, I'd support Colt and other manufacturers going full bore and cutting off military contracts as well. That cuts our soldiers off. Some will say that's too far.

What price is you freedom?

"We must all hang together, or assuredly together we shall all hang."

That noose has started to chaffe a bit lately. Its time we do SOMETHING.

feedramp
02-09-13, 00:45
Its reality while the 2nd amendment is obviously not about range toys however most of the shooters on here use them for that and they are never in danger.
So now you're changing the sample set from citizens to forum posters because the truth is firearms are used hundreds of thousands of times per year by citizens to dissuade or prevent crime. You know, in that time gap between when a criminal decides to act and when the police are able to arrive. But again, it's not even about self defense so much as simply an inherent right that shall not be infringed.

And yes, we're still talking about "assault weapons", because it's an arbitrary term the Left adjusts as needed to classify everything from an AR to a handgun or a shotgun as an "assault weapon" in order to restrict it.

Perhaps you're the type that needs to experience the same circumstances as the rest of your fellow citizens or else you're unlikely to have sympathy for them. If so, then Larue's decision is precisely for people like you.

fixit69
02-09-13, 00:59
A month ago, I recieved my LaRue mount for my tr24. They just stepped up in my opinion. If LE want these products and their guarantee, step up too.

Alaska popo, if a manufacturer said, if you don't like the policy put forth by sen. Finestine, you cannot recieve said benefits now restricted by said company, how would you feel? Shoe on the other foot, as it were.

I have many friends in all LE fields. And they are just as pissed as I am.

Is it fair?

Not wanting to start the pissing contest, but what makes you think if my life is in danger, I'm pissing down my leg? I most certainly will not be. You talk of your job, I talk of saving my life and the ones I hold dear.

I would hope you hold dear the same thoughts as I do.

nickdrak
02-09-13, 01:01
I don't think this policy will particularly benefit anyone. It just feeds into the "Us vs. Them" mentality which is exactly what they love. I bet this entire episode would put a smile on our presidents face while he watches us eat our own.:confused:

Alaskapopo
02-09-13, 01:03
So now you're changing the sample set from citizens to forum posters because the truth is firearms are used hundreds of thousands of times per year by citizens to dissuade or prevent crime. You know, in that time gap between when a criminal decides to act and when the police are able to arrive. But again, it's not even about self defense so much as simply an inherent right that shall not be infringed.

And yes, we're still talking about "assault weapons", because it's an arbitrary term the Left adjusts as needed to classify everything from an AR to a handgun or a shotgun as an "assault weapon" in order to restrict it.

Perhaps you're the type that needs to experience the same circumstances as the rest of your fellow citizens or else you're unlikely to have sympathy for them. If so, then Larue's decision is precisely for people like you.

Read my signature. I have spent a lot of my own money supporting the NRA and GOA. I have sent letters to all my reps. I am doing my part. So you can take your accusation and stuff it. I am not for any AWB or magazine restriction for LEO's or citizens.
Pat

nickdrak
02-09-13, 01:05
As far as LaRue having fed contracts goes, I recall hearing about them doing a special run of 14.5" 7.62 OBRs for a border patrol unit. Not 100% sure on that but could be why they decided to exempt fed LE agencies.

kmrtnsn
02-09-13, 01:13
As far as LaRue having fed contracts goes, I recall hearing about them doing a special run of 14.5" 7.62 OBRs for a border patrol unit. Not 100% sure on that but could be why they decided to exempt fed LE agencies.

Unless NFTTU bought them, they're unauthorized and NFTTU did not buy them. A run for a group buy from agents is/was another matter all together.

RyanB
02-09-13, 01:14
That was for Texas Rangers.

The only thing they couldn't sell to Fed LE based on this policy is automatic weapons anyway since the interest shown by the government in LT rifles is centered in the OBR...

8200rpm
02-09-13, 01:14
Pat

Here are some "sheep" using their "range toys" while the your brethren "sheep puppies" ran away with urine running down their legs waiting for the National Guard to arrive...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TsFXJA9YHlE/TTeIfFOIuVI/AAAAAAAAAQI/VqNzxdhlp5s/s1600/58852252.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XrWno3U2iog/T_zBO5jkALI/AAAAAAAACR4/7jV97NXLSR8/s1600/Koreans+in+LA+w+pistols.jpg

http://latimesphoto.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/0430-riots17.jpg

http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/REU-LARIOTS__005.jpg

http://www.koreanbeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Riots-in-Los-Angeles1.png

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2012/04/26/10/43/V0hJu.St.4.jpg

http://thepatriotperspective.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/la-koreatown-defender-korean.jpg?w=299

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nRA3DCl1Vik/T6GhbnXPSNI/AAAAAAAAAx0/6v-4qKluoP8/s1600/National+Guard.jpeg

http://cdn2.cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/LA-Riots-copy.jpg

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/04/28/la_riots2_vert.jpg?t=1335661649

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2012/04/27/la-riots.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/cor_la_riots_sears_looting_ss_thg_120423_ssh.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/includes/projects/before-after/riots/thighmaster_before.jpg

http://blogs.kcrw.com/whichwayla/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/lariots.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120617042618-la-riots-15-horizontal-gallery.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYw78oG-Sok-9r3rG9UCzCSqKRgkKhPMgp-SBJypdmCJx3PCpssQ

http://www.kingsacademy.com/mhodges/03_The-World-since-1900/14_The-Bush-Clinton-90s/pictures/LFE-380_Rodney-King-beating.jpg

I guess some of your brothers stuck around to file a report...

http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef016765914fa2970b-800wi

If you ever decide to move out the frozen sticks, move down to L.A. where the real action is, help out your brother and sister LEO's so this kind of shit doesn't happen again. Until then, enjoy your "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" at the range on your frozen tundra.

Dunderway
02-09-13, 01:40
This was asked before and you ignored it so here it is again. Why is your life worth more than mine, my wife's or my children's?

Because he (and every police officer) will be running into a hail of gunfire while you urinate yourself. It's like asking why Batman is more important than you, it should just be obvious.

MountainRaven
02-09-13, 02:10
Because he (and every police officer) will be running into a hail of gunfire while you urinate yourself. It's like asking why Batman is more important than you, it should just be obvious.

His life is worth more because of a hypothetical situation involving a fictitious multi-billionaire?

Dunderway
02-09-13, 02:16
His life is worth more because of a hypothetical situation involving a fictitious multi-billionaire?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm

Dave L.
02-09-13, 02:26
I also wish more companies would take this stance and extend the rule to FLE.

I have nothing against local LE, but if States want to violate the constitutional rights of its citizens, the state as a whole should be held accountable to lead from the top down. Elected officials and public servants should not have an elitist double standard.

ryr8828
02-09-13, 02:49
Pat
Why is your life worth more than a citizen trying to protect himself and his family when the cops are still 5 miles away?

Pat
It also affects the tax paying citizens of those states trying to utilize their constitutional rights.

Pat
You think everyone that's not a cop just buys a gun to plink?

Pat
Pretty broad brush there. I used to enjoy reading your posts but it's become more and more obvious that you have a "cops are better than everyone else" mentality and I hate that. Boycott whoever you want but don't run around spouting off that your rights are more important than mine or anyone else's. Because that opinion is very wrong, not even defensible. It's pretty much the opinion of the gun grabbers. "Only cops should have guns" not a very big step from your rantings to theirs.

nickdrak
02-09-13, 03:14
Keep at it guys. The gun control clique is lovin' this "us vs. them" bullshit.

RyanB
02-09-13, 03:25

Wouldn't be there if certain people weren't queens about it.

opmike
02-09-13, 04:02

We can all hold hands if you think it will help.

nickdrak
02-09-13, 04:27
We can all hold hands if you think it will help.

It actually would. The internet is a wonderful place for proud gun owners from all walks of life to come & cannibalize each other.

RyanB
02-09-13, 04:33
Which is why Alaskapopo should have said "this is good because policemen in ban states will become stakeholders in the fight against gun control."

nickdrak
02-09-13, 04:42
Do you think those of us who would refuse to enforce any type of gun control/confiscation thereby putting our lively-hood on the line qualify as "Stakeholders"?

jaxman7
02-09-13, 04:43
It actually would. The internet is a wonderful place for proud gun owners from all walks of life to come & cannibalize each other.

So true. Good Lord fellas this crap does NO ONE any good. We ALL are pro 2A including Alaskapopo. All the other stuff is irrelevant in the big picture.

So freaking sick of perfectly good threads go south like this one has.

-Jax

NCPatrolAR
02-09-13, 05:03
The personal attacks need to stop right now. You guys are acting like children and its a sad thing to see. While I was big on giving warnings for various infractions; that's changed because you guys obviously haven't gotten the message that we have been sending regarding forum behavior. It's all good though; we'll try a different course of actions