PDA

View Full Version : MI SS Drop_in rail-detail question

TXBob
02-09-13, 16:08
I'm looking at switching to a 2 piece rail drop in rail. q

I have MOE handguards now, the problem is the rails take up so much space for the Sling mount and railed WML, that I'm looking to just put in the full rail. This is mainly due to the fact that I cannot get the forward rail section forward enough on the MOE and QD rail portion far enough back. Even with 5 slot rails

The reason I selected the MI is
1) Supposedly it has the QD swivels in line.
2)I can mount my WML forward.

While it is advertised as 5 QD mount points, I cannot see which are "Holes" and which are the QD points. Anyone have some guidance?

Pic of rail in question:
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1030

Grand58742
02-09-13, 16:36
QD points are the larger holes at the front and rear of the handguard. You can see the tracks on the inside where the detents go.

That's four of the five. Fifth one, making a wild assumption, might be underneath near the front.

RD62
02-09-13, 18:21
Keep what you have and look to Impact Weapon Components (they have an ad at the top of the page) for better WML and Sling Mounting options for your MOE handguards.

dentron
02-09-13, 18:50
+1 for IWC there stuff rocks

TXBob
02-09-13, 21:58
Ahh I do see they have a solution--i did a search and only saw the prototype. Very nice.

Thanks for the heads up.