PDA

View Full Version : Mesa tactical barrel clamp

cam68
02-09-13, 17:30
Hello Guys,
I have searched be have not found anything on this topic, I have a 870 I installed a barrel clamp under recoil the clamp moves up along the barrel and mag tube screws are thight. Thanks for your help.

kdcgrohl
02-11-13, 08:33
Either defective or install error. Have you called Mesa?
I have one of those and use it as a front sling point, it's on there tight.

Shao
02-11-13, 08:35
Agreed, mine is rock solid - What kind of barrel are you using? It is contoured/tapered? What kind of mag extension are you using?

Canonshooter
02-11-13, 17:42
Place squares of black electrical tape on the inside where the clamp contacts the mag tube and barrel. ;)

Shao
02-11-13, 18:01
Place squares of black electrical tape on the inside where the clamp contacts the mag tube and barrel. ;)

I was going to suggest silicone caulk.

cam68
02-12-13, 02:54
Hey,
Guys the barrel and the mag ext tube are the ones that came with the 870 the barrel clamp moves around under recoil, I have call Mesa Tactical and they said to try blue threadlocker.
Thanks.

Copis
02-12-13, 08:34
I had the same thing happen with a Nordic clamp on a Benelli M2 tactical. it took the finish of my barrel while the extension did not have scratch on it. The extension moved on the barrel regardless of how tight it was. Spoke to Kurt Miller about it during SHOT 2012. He told me he avoids using clamps. Refinished the barrel in Roguard and I will not be using a clamp on a +2 or +3 extensions.

Sooie
02-18-13, 00:42
I had the same thing happen with a choate clamp. I scraped it and found a remington one on fleabay