PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 590 trigger group removal issue

jamaicanj
02-10-13, 21:05
I have a brand new 590A1 and I'm trying to do a thorough cleaning before taking it out. So I looked online and watched some vids on YouTube, to get the disassembly steps.

Got the barrel removed. I pushed the trigger pin out but I can't get the trigger group to come out. What step is missing?

Thanks

JBecker 72
02-10-13, 21:18
I'm guessing you already removed the bolt and the lifter correct? Once you have those out and the pin pushed out, the trigger should hinge out. You need to tilt the back of the trigger assembly down as the front is captured by a shelf toward the magazine well. Sometimes they are a bit snug, but if you are persistent, it will pop out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

GeorgiaBoy
02-10-13, 21:33
To add to what JBecker said, reinserting the trigger group can be difficult too if it is tight. You have to hinge it back in and I generally have to force with forward and downward pressure to get the trigger group to fully seat.

michael word
02-11-13, 17:43
I'm guessing you already removed the bolt and the lifter correct? Once you have those out and the pin pushed out, the trigger should hinge out. You need to tilt the back of the trigger assembly down as the front is captured by a shelf toward the magazine well. Sometimes they are a bit snug, but if you are persistent, it will pop out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The trigger group must be removed before the bolt assembly and lifter can be taken out.

JBecker 72
02-11-13, 17:56
Yeah, I think you might be right about that. Sorry, been a long time since I took my 500 apart.

jamaicanj
02-11-13, 23:25
Thanks for the help. It was just a bit stiff and after giving it a good tug it came loose