PDA

View Full Version : EOtech's Outstanding Customer Service

DarrinD2
02-11-13, 15:34
My EOtech shorted out after 5 years of good service - probably battery leakage. I contacted them by email and they had me attempt a field kit repair. . . no luck. They then gave me a no charge RMA even though I was way past warranty. They really stand by their products, and made a happy camper because this would be a bad month to shell out any cash for a new one.
Darrin

Wake27
02-11-13, 16:14
Has it been fixed yet?

DarrinD2
02-11-13, 16:46
Has it been fixed yet?

I got my RMA# today and will be mailing it back tomorrow. They also answered my emails same day.
Darrin

VIP3R 237
02-11-13, 16:52
Eotech has been very good with CS over the year. I've seen them completely replace broken units with a turn around time of 7-10 day.

jpmuscle
02-11-13, 17:11
OP what model was it out of curiosity.

DarrinD2
02-11-13, 17:15
OP what model was it out of curiosity.

model 512

DDamn
02-13-13, 19:14
I just got mine back. A 517 that I bought in 2009. The holograph would dim when turned side to side. No charge RMA. Works great. Kudos to them.

bjesse60
02-14-13, 09:02
I have no doubt they have excellent service, I just don't like the amount of people I see having to use it.

j-dubya
02-14-13, 18:26
I just contacted them today for an RMA to replace the battery contacts that had become unattached and a slight haze on the inside of the lenses in a 553 I have had for 6 years. In a very quick reply they said that because my unit is outside the warranty period, I can pay them $79 for the fix and return shipping. Negative.

DarrinD2
02-14-13, 18:46
I just contacted them today for an RMA to replace the battery contacts that had become unattached and a slight haze on the inside of the lenses in a 553 I have had for 6 years. In a very quick reply they said that because my unit is outside the warranty period, I can pay them $79 for the fix and return shipping. Negative.

Mine was strictly a battery contact issue, but maybe my customer service rep was more lenient. Try calling and talking to Michael Kroll. Don't know if that will help, but he got me the free repair. Good luck.

thopkins22
02-14-13, 18:49
Mine was fixed without costing me a dime, many years after the warranty expired. I'd call back if you weren't satisfied.

Hell I even told the CS rep that I had dicked around trying to fix it with superglue and stretching the springs. No problem they said, if the piece they sent didn't fix it, call back and they'd send a new battery box.

I think it depends on how you handle yourself on the phone....

j-dubya
02-14-13, 19:01
I was emailing, and initially got a reply from Michael Kroll to fill out the RMA. Once I submitted that, the next reply came from Daniel Lelko with the $79 figure. I replied mentioning reading about others' no-cost repair work, and have yet to receive a reply from him. I had to return to work, but I will be calling tomorrow for verification. I am not concerned, this sight has made a lot of trips overseas and taken a beating, and still functions fine. It has paid for itself.