One stays the other sadly must go.
ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Kenneth
02-11-13, 19:52
Who is adams arms???

Enough said.

nc_556
02-11-13, 20:12
I can't believe you're even asking that question. Seriously? I wouldn't even mention AA in the same post as a LaRue let alone compare them... I've been in a couple of carbine classes and the AAs that happened to be there had problems in each of them.

Koshinn
02-11-13, 20:12
Looking for your opinions on the two.
I have the AA Elite Tactical Middy 14.5" on a VLTOR Lower
LaRue OBR 16" on a Knights SR15 Lower

Not sure if serious...

Its like saying would you rather keep an rx-8 or a porsche 911? One is different, one is superior.

jst0915
02-11-13, 21:35
This shouldn't even be a question. Keep the LaRue.

j-dubya
02-11-13, 21:49
Keep the OBR.

Sdub518
02-11-13, 22:13
I can tell you which one would catch a higher price tag faster.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

a0cake
02-11-13, 23:44

It would literally be insane to get rid of the Larue / SR15. Literally insane.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-discussion/279337d1350660696-team-talks-jackie-chan-meme.png

Koshinn
02-12-13, 00:28

Thinking about this more... How much shooting do you do? How much money do you need? Cause the OBR/SR is by far superior, but is also worth far more. If you never shoot but need a lot of money for something important, the AA/Vltor might not make you enough money.

Seagunner
02-12-13, 01:53
What was the question? A Kia with some nice rims, or a Corvette...which one should I keep?

Magic_Salad0892
02-12-13, 03:00
I once heard a Jackie Chan quote that went something like "MY BRAIN IS FULL OF ****."

I'm pretty sure it was the result of somebody comparing a LaRue/KAC gun to a Adam Arms gun.

Keep the LT/KAC gun. For SURE.

domestique
02-12-13, 04:10
All things being equal (which IMHO they are not) I would have to go with Larue.

They are just top notch, always through free SWAG in with my orders and the fact that they are not shipping to NY PD is just a bonus.

Larue truly has our backs and they have a customer for life.

Sensei
02-12-13, 08:20
I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent. Get rid of the Larue. I will take one for the team and help you offload it for $600. PM me with your contact info...

fletchman
02-12-13, 14:29
Good to se there is some humor about, and some good points. I did believe that the LaRue is the better upper just didn't realize how much better. I certainly do not agree with the put down of Adams Arms and I can only figure that the folks dismissing the rifle have never owned or shot one, there is a reason why we rarely see a adams arms up for resale and the nicer uppers are fetching around $1500.
I asked the question and you guys gave me food for thought, thank you!

fletchman
02-12-13, 14:31
oh yea and sensei I'll get right on that
and yea LaRue is a first class operation building a first class product.

wetidlerjr
02-12-13, 19:19
I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent. Get rid of the Larue. I will take one for the team and help you offload it for $600. PM me with your contact info...

I agree except for one small thing. Send ME the LaRue/KAC.

Benito
02-13-13, 05:28
But the Adam Arms haz pistonz, bro.

fletchman
02-13-13, 11:48
[QUOTE=Benito;1546156]But the Adam Arms haz pistonz, bro.[/QUO
Which serves a couple of function, keeping the business end of the rifle on target and keep the bcg cleaner

Benito
02-14-13, 15:05
[QUOTE=Benito;1546156]But the Adam Arms haz pistonz, bro.[/QUO
Which serves a couple of function, keeping the business end of the rifle on target and keep the bcg cleaner

True, but there there are trade-offs to that.
And the pros/cons of a piston vs DI are probably not significant enough to pass on a primo DI build in favour of an Adams Arms piston one.
I have nothing against pistons, and was actually a big piston fanboy at one point not too long ago.
The cleaner BCG is offset by higher initial cost, higher replacement cost/proprietary parts (not the fault of the design, merely a consequence of patent laws, yet still relevant), more moving mass, more mass further out in front (plays into balance), and ultimately newer design hasn't had as long to mature and work out bugs as has DI system.
Piston AR's have probably come a long way since initial conversion kits, but a good DI gun, like most people will agree, is a safer bet unless suppressed, full-auto & SBR, in which case a piston gun may very well be worth the trade-offs.
I still lust after some piston AR's, though.

fletchman
02-16-13, 18:13
Valid points and thanks to all for the positive input

fletchman
03-03-13, 16:01
Who is adams arms???

Enough said.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I can't help but wonder if any of these responses are speaking from personal knowledge or just what they have heard.
I shot the AA elite and compared it to the KAC SR15 and in my opinion there was no comparison, the KAC is up for sale.
I have not received the OBR yet but when I do I will take them both to the range and shoot them side by side. I know LaRue is a great co but I also know that My AA shoots great and is a pleasure to shoot.
I'm thinking that if you have to ask that question, you shouldn't be offering a judgement

Koshinn
03-03-13, 17:37
I shot the AA elite and compared it to the KAC SR15 and in my opinion there was no comparison, the KAC is up for sale.

Wait... You sold an sr 15 upper and kept the AA upper? I've owned an AA upper and shot an sr 15, the sr 15 is much nicer. If money is an issue, I can see why you made your decision. But if you want the best, you just threw it out the door.

Magic_Salad0892
03-03-13, 19:05

You seriously ****ed up. They can't even be compared. The KAC is a better gun in ever single way a gun can be better.

It weighs less. It's more accurate. It's better quality. KAC has great customer service. It should last longer. It only has like two proprietary parts. It's ported correctly. It was actually R&D'd. And as F2S and KevinB, and I have said, and SR-15 bolt pretty much doesn't break.

You seriously ****ed up.

Kenneth
03-03-13, 19:12
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I can't help but wonder if any of these responses are speaking from personal knowledge or just what they have heard.
I have not received the OBR yet but when I do I will take them both to the range and shoot them side by side. I know LaRue is a great co but I also know that My AA shoots great and is a pleasure to shoot.
I'm thinking that if you have to ask that question, you shouldn't be offering a judgement

Oh I KNOW who AA is but give it some time and then "Who is Adams Arms?" will come into play. I personally haven't read to much good things about them and it was enough for me to make a judgment based on others reviews. As I research before I buy 98% of the time and that is most likely the reason there is not a ton of AA reviews out there. People research quality before they purchase and they seem to fall short.

nc_556
03-04-13, 05:12

There's a reason KAC and LaRue hardware is currently deployed by active duty military units and AA is not. That should be a clue right there.

I've taken a few carbine classes with AAs being used and have seen AAs in action at my range firsthand and their reliability under hard use left a lot to be desired.

callen3615
03-04-13, 17:58
There's a reason KAC and LaRue hardware is currently deployed by active duty military units and AA is not. That should be a clue right there.

I've taken a few carbine classes with AAs being used and have seen AAs in action at my range firsthand and their reliability under hard use left a lot to be desired.

Just curious, what problems did the AAs have?

As someone who has owned an AA upper id just like to know what reliability problems they had. Mine ran like a top and I couldnt see how it could be any inherently less reliable than a DI gun.

fletchman
03-13-13, 05:55
Just curious, what problems did the AAs have?

As someone who has owned an AA upper id just like to know what reliability problems they had. Mine ran like a top and I couldnt see how it could be any inherently less reliable than a DI gun.
I've been shooting this ELITE TACTICAL UPPER FOR 18 MONTHS and I'm not seriously ****ed up. I'm not in service and haven't been for forty ****ing years, i also shot them side by side off the same lower and the Elite Tactical out shot the KAC in every way. I gai to the range once a month and shoot a couple hundred rds standing up. She runs cooler, stays on target and all in all she is a pleasure to shoot with no, zero problems.
I have read time and again the ****ing hostility around the piston and di guns and don't get it. The Elite isn't a ****ing $1300 AA rifle it's a $1300 AA upper THAT OUT PERFORMS KAC FOR MY PURPOSES, AND BY THE WAY I SOLD TWO KAC SR-15 E3 and now own TWO ELITE'S

fletchman
03-13-13, 06:08
You seriously ****ed up. They can't even be compared. The KAC is a better gun in ever single way a gun can be better.

It weighs less. It's more accurate. It's better quality. KAC has great customer service. It should last longer. It only has like two proprietary parts. It's ported correctly. It was actually R&D'd. And as F2S and KevinB, and I have said, and SR-15 bolt pretty much doesn't break.

You seriously ****ed up.
You could have stated YOUR OPINION without the ****ed up part.
We are in the present not the past. For me the odds of shooting 30,000 rds are slim and NOT, the odds of me facing 200 screaming crazies are slim but considering how well the Elite stays on target and how cool the grip stays all things considered being seriously ****ed up and having sot my KAC and my AA ELITE side by side on the same lower I am ecstatic with my choice and in the last 18 months my R&D SAYS U REALLY GOT A NICE UPPER and then I sold my second KAC SR-15 E3 AND BOUGHT ANOTHER BACK UP ADAMS ARMS ELITE TACTICAL MID LENGTH UPPER IN 16", love it too
GET over your hostility, I've been shooting this ELITE TACTICAL UPPER FOR 18 MONTHS and I'm not seriously ****ed up. I'm not in service and haven't been for forty ****ing years, i also shot them side by side off the same lower and the Elite Tactical out shot the KAC in every way. I gai to the range once a month and shoot a couple hundred rds standing up. She runs cooler, stays on target and all in all she is a pleasure to shoot with no, zero problems.
I have read time and again the ****ing hostility around the piston and di guns and don't get it. The Elite isn't a ****ing $1300 AA rifle it's a $1300 AA upper THAT OUT PERFORMS KAC FOR MY PURPOSES, AND BY THE WAY I SOLD TWO KAC SR-15 E3 and now own TWO ELITE'S
FERFRANS SOAR-P 14.5" Gas Piston Upper Assembly, this is my next upper and I bet it will out perform the KAC also for what I use it for.
The KAC is an extremely solid, well built and good looking rifle, I just like mine better. Loose the hostility dude, in case you haven't noticed we are in a new era, not many people are going to be shooting a thousand rounds an outing anymore

fletchman
03-13-13, 06:11
Wait... You sold an sr 15 upper and kept the AA upper? I've owned an AA upper and shot an sr 15, the sr 15 is much nicer. If money is an issue, I can see why you made your decision. But if you want the best, you just threw it out the door.
I SOLD TWO KAC SR-15 E3 and made two people extremely happy, I know own two Adams Arms Elite Tactical uppers and I'm extremely happy with my choice

ryr8828
03-13-13, 07:58
I SOLD TWO KAC SR-15 E3 and made two people extremely happy, I know own two Adams Arms Elite Tactical uppers and I'm extremely happy with my choice

If you're happy then I'm tickled plumb to death.

polymorpheous
03-13-13, 08:25
Lot of buttsore going on in this thread.
It's getting all emotional like a bunch of hens.

OP, you don't know what you don't know.
And if that makes you happy, be happy.
But you clearly don't understand the culture of this forum.

Iraqgunz
03-13-13, 14:07
OP asks for opinions. OP gets opinions. OP doesn't like opinions and knew what he was going to do before he did it. Thread now closed. This is why these threads are worthless. No one wants any real advice.