PDA

View Full Version : Small Pistol Primers in Western PA?

MrSmitty
02-11-13, 21:03
Anyone know of a shop or retailer in the Allegheny/Butler/Armstrong/Indiana county area? I'm in dire need of some...

markm
02-12-13, 09:34
Out of my Area... but I happened to see the title...

You know you can sub small rifle right? SRMs sometimes have a cup that's too thick/hard for reliable pistol usage... but regular small rifle usually works fine.

MrSmitty
02-12-13, 09:45
I have a shitload of CCI 41s on hand and can get either Remington or Winchester small rifle right now. Would either of these work for loading cast lead? I was worried they'd be a little too hot.

markm
02-12-13, 10:08
You ought to post this in the reloading/ammo forum. Depends on the remingtons... someone there would be able to tell you which cups they've had the best luck with.

MrSmitty
02-12-13, 10:18
Okay, thanks for the info. I've been trying to research some loads using different primers but people are reluctant to post non standard recipes. I have a couple different powders and some magnum small pistol primers as well. I'll try to find a relevant thread in that forum and post up what I have to work with.

markm
02-12-13, 10:20
Some company's primers are the same for small rifle and small pistol. Some people are affraid to color outside the lines.. but it works.