PDA

View Full Version : YouTuber fires AR inches from friends' face

SMETNA
02-11-13, 22:53
http://youtu.be/KQZI1kSCU28

Unless he's using some video effect that makes steady footage look shaky like hand-held, he muzzled the crap out of his cameraman around 1:30.

SteyrAUG
02-11-13, 23:12
I've seen as much horribly dangerous gun handling in my life as I've seen safe competent gun handling. Youtube just makes the problem obvious to all.

Add to that the endless list of dipshits who insist that doing dangerous stuff downrange or with live bodies downrange makes them high speed / hard core just like the seals.

Kenneth
02-11-13, 23:18
Whoa I totally think he almost shot someone in the head.

7 RING
02-11-13, 23:19
Not good.

GeorgiaBoy
02-11-13, 23:23
The motion of the camera doesn't look like normal handheld. Its very predictable in its movement, slow, and too deliberate. Not erratic and jittery like a real handheld camera normally acts.

Plus, the muzzle blast from even the first shots should be enough to cause a violent shake in the camera, ESPECIALLY the one where he shoots right next to it. Any normal person would flinch.

Notice that he's using two cameras on tripods when he shot that stage.

Mac5.56
02-11-13, 23:43
The motion of the camera doesn't look like normal handheld. Its very predictable in its movement, slow, and too deliberate. Not erratic and jittery like a real handheld camera normally acts.

Plus, the muzzle blast from even the first shots should be enough to cause a violent shake in the camera, ESPECIALLY the one where he shoots right next to it. Any normal person would flinch.

I agree having worked with video. Or he had a really good videographer with a very very steady hand.

That said if one of my friends did that to me he would get an "assault fist" straight to the ****ing nose! That shot was close.

SMETNA
02-12-13, 02:42

Alright. I watched it a couple more times, and I agree with this. It's probably on a tripod using a special effect.

Why the hell would someone choose THAT special effect? "Hey I know! I'll spruce up my shooting vid with digital effects that make it seem like I'm being super negligent of someone's safety! That's the ticket!" :rolleyes:

False alarm