PDA

View Full Version : Trade advice needed Colt LE6920 for Arsenal slr 101

svtpwnz
02-12-13, 11:31
Hey guys, I had someone offer to trade me a NIB Arsenal SLR 101 for my NIB Colt LE6920 and would really appreciate some advice on this. My Colt is NIB and has a UBR stock and his arsenal is NIB also. I have enough AR's and always wanted an AK but sadly, I know very little about them and never owned one. I know Arsenal makes a pretty good rifle but I do not know what they are valued at in comparison to the Colt with the current panic pricing in full blown retard mode these days.

Are both of these rifles equal in value or should I ask for cash in addition to the AK. If I do this, my plan would be to SBR it, add a folding stock and it would just be used as a range toy/safe queen.

Thanks in advance for advice and help!

Rob

1911-A1
02-12-13, 12:20
What other ARs do you have? That might dictate if you trade or not. If they're all plinkers, and the Colt is the only quality rifle you have, I'd say no.

Arsenal makes nice rifles, but they're not comparable to a Colt.

MrSunday
02-12-13, 12:24
Arsenal makes nice rifles, but they're not comparable to a Colt.

This...

svtpwnz
02-12-13, 12:39
Thanks for the replies guys. I have a DDM4, another Colt, BCM, and S&W. I am not really into AK's but wouldn't mind having a decent one in my collection just for the sake of having one in case a new AWB gets through in the future. From my research on ads and GB, they aren't commanding the price of Colt LE 6920's and looks like a ballpark descrepency of around $500.

tuck
02-12-13, 12:52
I would make the trade if you could get a decent chunk of change with the AK.

I'd put that money towards ammo, or optics.

jvencius
02-12-13, 13:58
From a purely "user" perspective, I'd pass on the trade offer. Sure, you may wind up with $500+the AK, but that wouldn't go very far into a whole 'nuther type of ammo you'll need to have plus all the ancillary doodads (mags, LBE, etc.) for a non-standard weapon type compared to what you currently run. Sure, it might be neat to have an AK just for shits and giggles, but if you were going to get rid of any of your AR's to get into an AK, I'd think about ditching the S&W first.

themonk
02-12-13, 14:26
From a purely "user" perspective, I'd pass on the trade offer. Sure, you may wind up with $500+the AK, but that wouldn't go very far into a whole 'nuther type of ammo you'll have to have plus all the ancillary doodads (mags, LBE, etc.) for a non-standard weapon type compared to what you currently have. Sure, it might be neat to have an AK just for shits and giggles, but if you were going to get rid of any of your AR's to get into an AK, I'd think about ditching the S&W first.

I completely agree with jvencius. The 101 is a milled receiver so it will be on the heavy side and AKs generally run on the heavy side anyways. It is arguably more accurate with the milled receiver but it will run hotter than a stamped receiver. I would rather trade for something in the 308 range unless you already have a good 308.

Caeser25
02-12-13, 17:31
I would do the trade. Gotta have atleast one AK. Or sell the 6920 and still get an AK. Truth be told, in this environment, AK mags and 7.62x39 ammo are actually available, compared to .2235/5.56 and pmags.

Wake27
02-12-13, 17:34
Yeah I would do it too. You have enough AR's to hold you over, get the AK.

96 SS
02-12-13, 18:04
I would pass.

If it were for an SLR-107CR or an equivalent SGL I would do the trade.

The 101 - nice enough for what it is, but not up to speed for all the good stuff like folding stock etc.

SteyrAUG
02-12-13, 20:03
Thanks for the replies guys. I have a DDM4, another Colt, BCM, and S&W. I am not really into AK's but wouldn't mind having a decent one in my collection just for the sake of having one in case a new AWB gets through in the future. From my research on ads and GB, they aren't commanding the price of Colt LE 6920's and looks like a ballpark descrepency of around $500.

Sounds about right. Before the stupidity there was about $150 price difference. I'd be way more comfortable trading the S&W AR for the Arsenal AK.

svtpwnz
02-12-13, 21:23
Thanks for all the advice guys. My original intent was to trade or sell the extra unfired Colt 6920 to fund a SCAR 17 or LMT MWS with no success. I didn't plan on looking into adding an AK to my collection until after I had a LMT or scar.The seller wants to do an even trade and I feel the Colt is worth more than the Arsenal by a decent margin. I believe I am going to pass on this one. Thanks again guys!

IZinterrogator
02-13-13, 11:17
I'd be way more comfortable trading the S&W AR for the Arsenal AK.This is how I would go, even if I had to throw in some cash. Diversifying to get you through shortages on ammo/parts (like right now when it comes to ARs) would benefit you in the long run.

Kafir
02-13-13, 12:15
I'm with 96 SS in that perhaps even a 107FR for the 6920...with a few AK mags included as we'll.

Just my thoughts for whatever they're worth...

Magic_Salad0892
02-13-13, 13:50
Flip the S&W AR instead of the Colt if possible.

You can find 7.62x39, and mags right now. So it's probably a good idea.

duece71
02-13-13, 18:34
Sure AK ammo is still plentiful, magazines are available at decent prices and parts can be had. Arsenal is a nice product, but not the level of the Colt. If a ban does happen, would you be able to sell the Arsenal for the same cash as the 6920?? If you have to have an AK, IMHO I might shop around a little and see if I could pick up a cheaper version like CAI (ok, I might be stretching that a little). Good luck.

Spooky130
02-13-13, 20:25
Hmm... Arsenals are one of the better AK manufacturers out there. I would much prefer one of those than almost any other AK unless built by one of the high-end AK builders.

Never heard of a miller receiver being hitter than a stamped gun.

As others said I'd see if you could get the Arsenal in trade for the Smith plus a little cash on your end. If you trade the Colt I think you should insist on a couple hundred coming back to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

filthy phil
02-13-13, 20:30
Bulgarian milled aks are among the best out there. Ive had slr95 and a sa93.
id ask for a little cash but dont lose that deal