PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Remington 870P Max?

Washington
02-12-13, 21:49
My son is a police officer and his department recently underwent changes that prevent them from using Benelli Shotguns. As a result, he is forced to use Remington 870p (which is the only approved shotgun for his department).

I'd like to buy him the 870p Max, as this seems to be the top of the line with regard to the 870p series. He saw it online and definitely agreed this is the best way to go for a patrol shotgun.

My question to you fine gentlemen (and ladies), is where can I possibly go to find this? I noticed Grant had one a few weeks ago (I missed out unfortunately).

I've checked every single gun shop in my region (within a 200 mile radius), and I've checked every major online dealer with no results.

It seems the 870p Max is sold out everywhere, or extremely overpriced (IE: more than $1,100)

So if anyone has a lead on one, or some sage ideas, I'd really appreciate it (and so would my son lol).

Thanks!

GH41
02-13-13, 06:09
1,100 doesn't sound bad considering the times. You would have trouble building that gun for much less. I spent almost 800 building up my 870 and no surefire.. GH

jvencius
02-13-13, 08:11
Try giving Hans @ Vang Comp a call--I'm pretty sure (not betting odds, but close...) that they have a small stock of ready-to-go 870P's and even a plain-Jane 870 with Hans' barrel mojo ought to be the cat's ass.

c3006
02-13-13, 10:26
Just wondering if it would be for his personal use or does his dept. make them supply there own SGs.

Washington
02-13-13, 16:31
Just wondering if it would be for his personal use or does his dept. make them supply there own SGs.

His department requires that all officers buy their own firearms. They do not reimburse them for any equipment purchases.

GH41
02-13-13, 16:46
His department requires that all officers buy their own firearms. They do not reimburse them for any equipment purchases.

I know nothing about police work but I assume they take them home. Is this the reason some manufactures are refusing to sell to LEO? Not trying to start a shit storm just curious. GH

bzdog
02-13-13, 22:57
You might check with your LGS to see if they can order one. Often places don't stock various items but can get them.

-john

buckshot1220
02-14-13, 22:35
You might check with your LGS to see if they can order one. Often places don't stock various items but can get them.

-john

I second that. Don't forget that many buyers nowadays aren't that intelligent, so an $1,100 pump, regardless of pedigree and features, will just look like an overpriced pump action so dealers aren't jumping to stock them and have them sit.

Ask if it can be ordered and have your son check to see if his dept. or other officers have suggestions.

agr1279
02-15-13, 07:16
Try giving Hans @ Vang Comp a call--I'm pretty sure (not betting odds, but close...) that they have a small stock of ready-to-go 870P's and even a plain-Jane 870 with Hans' barrel mojo ought to be the cat's ass.

This. I have spoken to him a few times and he is very pro LEO. While he is not cheap for his upgrades you can't get much better. Plus he is the only authorized Remington shop for warranty work outside of the factory.

Damon
02-16-13, 10:39
Try Kieslers or other police supply companies.

http://www.kiesler.com/police/productdetail.aspx?catid=62&pid=21743

Washington
02-18-13, 01:58
Thank you all for the replies.

I sent an email to Kieslers and will hopefully hear back soon.

As far as local gun dealers go. I've spoken to 12 dealers within a 50 mile radius of my home, and all of them say they can not order ANY "tactical" shotguns at the moment, including the Remington 870p MAX.

Any other ideas? Also, any other LE only online sites besides Kieslers?

rubber ducky
02-18-13, 10:51
Have you checked for a Remington LE dealer? Go to the Remington LE website and see what dealer is near you, call them to place an le individual officer purchase.. Generally, officer pricing is less than that of retail, as well as retail outlet pricing.

I was lucky -my local guy was able to order one for me, and I got it at his price...:dance3:

Hope this helps...

Washington
02-18-13, 23:47
Have you checked for a Remington LE dealer? Go to the Remington LE website and see what dealer is near you, call them to place an le individual officer purchase.. Generally, officer pricing is less than that of retail, as well as retail outlet pricing.

I was lucky -my local guy was able to order one for me, and I got it at his price...:dance3:

Hope this helps...

Did that already. There is only ONE local LE dealer down here. He currently has none and says it will take 6-8 months to order.

John Woods
05-08-13, 20:26
Did that already. There is only ONE local LE dealer down here. He currently has none and says it will take 6-8 months to order.

Are you still looking for the 870p max
I have one for sale industry66@gmail.com

usmcvet
05-09-13, 06:36
Thank you all for the replies.

I sent an email to Kieslers and will hopefully hear back soon.

As far as local gun dealers go. I've spoken to 12 dealers within a 50 mile radius of my home, and all of them say they can not order ANY "tactical" shotguns at the moment, including the Remington 870p MAX.

Any other ideas? Also, any other LE only online sites besides Kieslers?

If it means he goes with out buy any quality 870, used if you can and order the one you want and wait it out. Give him the used gun for now so he has it while you wait. My LGS has lots of used 870's not as many new right now.

Kentucky Cop
05-09-13, 07:11
Most agencies in Central KY use Buds Gun Shop. They actually have a LE sales in the same building. Call them and ask for JR or Barry Cecil. I am positive if they dont have it they will get it for you quickly. Make sure you give them the back story.

Great thing to do for your son. We appreciate you and him.

KY COP

SteveS
07-19-13, 16:16
I have to buy all my tools . That is how it should be.

GH41
07-19-13, 19:32
I have to buy all my tools . That is how it should be.

Do they tell what to buy?? I thought so. Why do they tell you what to buy? I think I know but you tell me. GH

HCM
07-19-13, 19:45
Try GT Distributors. one of their locations should have one in stock.

Blak1508
07-20-13, 22:40
http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/222818-law-12-800-ftf-850shipped.html#post2455486

I thought of OP right away, I hope this helps