PDA

View Full Version : NRA Rally in Albany

Hehuhates
02-13-13, 09:39
I'm pretty late in posting this, if it's been up before I missed it.
http://www.examiner.com/article/2nd-amendment-rally-announced-albany

This is something we should all try to make. Don't make me look like a jackass standing around with just 9 guys it sux.

Mac5.56
02-14-13, 17:47
I'll try and pull the kid out and get to it. But that is one of the days I watch my 3 month old and my wife works. We're still getting use to the solo traveling thing.

I have friends in Ulster that are going though.

nowayout
02-23-13, 17:10
I'm trying to get a few together for this. Has anyone heard of a bus going from Long Island?

rocsteady
02-26-13, 09:40
Took a personal day from work and will be coming from Staten Island.

rocsteady
03-01-13, 08:21
According to the few news reports that I was able to find on AM radio while on the ride back, there were roughly 5,000 people trampling Gov. Cuomo's front lawn at the state capital yesterday.

I was impressed with the turnout. It was really something to see and hear as one after another of the politicians who voted against the "SAFE Act" spoke to the crowd (there were 18 that voted "no").

NRA president spoke as well.

I'm sorry that I can't remember which one, but one of the reps got up and stated that he had been in politics in Albany for a long time and when a bill comes in that no one has seen yet, in the middle of the night, that the public hasn't had a chance to speak on, and it is given just enough time to be read before you are asked to sign..."then you know it's a piece of crap". The crowd went wild.

A guy was carrying a printed sign that read, "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns". Classic.

Anyway, the prevailing message was the only real power is as a voter and we failed during this last election. Many of the counties in NY were lost to the anti-2nd Amendment politician by less than 100 votes, some by less than 20!

So while some stated that bills were already presented to repeal or nullify this garbage, the reality is that the governor would still have to admit that it's a load of crap and sign to have it repealed or nullified.

So far, 32 counties in NY have submitted formal paperwork to the effect of having the "SAFE Act" repealed.

There was the usual rhetoric and "God bless America" chants along with my favorite, "Cuomo's gotta go, Cuomo's gotta go". Was pretty catchy and sounded damn good with thousands chanting it right on Cuomo's front lawn (which, by the way, is a total quagmire in sections because there were so many people trampling around on it all day yesterday).

I believe it was David Keene who said to the crowd, "Governor Cuomo believes that you are the problem. He believes that the law-abiding, gun-owning New Yorker is the reason that there is gun crime in NY"...or something to that effect. 5,000 people booing is one heck of a sound.

There was also mention of whether it was coincidence or not that the governor was not in Albany yesterday. Conveniently out of town, most likely helping some other liberal jackwagon conjure up equally pathetic ways to disregard the Constitution.

All in all, I was glad to be a part of it. If I had a better phone, I would love to have posted video of everyone singing the National Anthem and "God Bless America" (done by an 11 year old girl who made a point to tell the crowd that her whole family were lifetime NRA members).

Am I allowed to post a link to photobucket album of some pics? And did anyone actually see any numbers on how many people were there? I am going off of a couple of AM radio news reports that said 10,000 but have no clue if that's accurate. Tough to tell as we all milled around the capital. There wasn't any parking within a mile of the place...

NY Post quotes State Police as saying around 5,000 people were there.