PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Critical Need for 5.56 Agency Purchase

glocktogo
02-13-13, 10:52
Guys, I could use some help. A small agency near me is critically short on duty grade 5.56 ammo. So short that I'll be donating from my personal stash until they can find some.

Any help finding 1,000 rounds of duty grade ammo (not particular) that they could get on a Purchase Order at non-gouge pricing would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!:)

Moltke
02-13-13, 10:53
Maybe I'm out of the loop but what's "duty grade"?

glocktogo
02-13-13, 10:59
Maybe I'm out of the loop but what's "duty grade"?

In this case, any quality ammunition that's manufactured in the U.S. Obviously something like IMI M-855 or even Privi would do as well. Preference would be M-855 over M-193, but in this market, I don't think they'd be too picky. Like I said, even I was alarmed when told how little thay have on hand. I don't give out of my own supply lightly!

PA PATRIOT
02-13-13, 16:37
Do they have a Dicks Sporting Goods anywhere near them?

Most Dicks have been receiving 5 to 10 cases per store of Federal imported IMI M-193 on a weekly basis at a price of $8.99 per 20 rounds and from past information they have offered L/E's a little bit of a discount on their purchases.

But I would think they would rather have a controlled expanding barrier blind soft point for use as a duty round but finding that in stock at any LE dealer would be a tough.

glocktogo
02-13-13, 16:58
Do they have a Dicks Sporting Goods anywhere near them?

Most Dicks have been receiving 5 to 10 cases per store of Federal imported IMI M-193 on a weekly basis at a price of $8.99 per 20 rounds and from past information they have offered L/E's a little bit of a discount on their purchases.

But I would think they would rather have a controlled expanding barrier blind soft point for use as a duty round but finding that in stock at any LE dealer would be a tough.

Thanks for the tip! They would love to have barrier blind ammo, but any ammo is better than nearly no ammo at all. They can always use it for quals once they get better stuff in stock. Even my agency may have to put requals on hold till they get more. :(

Moose-Knuckle
02-13-13, 17:01
Check with GT's I purchased some of this last week. They are only selling to LE currently to help depts. acquire what they need during this shortage/panic.

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=HORNADY-83XXX

Edit to add: They don't price gouge either!

glocktogo
02-13-13, 17:06
Check with GT's I purchased some of this last week. They are only selling to LE currently to help depts. acquire what they need during this shortage/panic.

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=HORNADY-83XXX

Edit to add: They don't price gouge either!

Checked GT first thing. They're out of stock at the moment, but I'll be pinging them every morning. :)

Keep the ideas coming guys and thank you!!!

ST911
02-13-13, 17:26
Have them call manufacturers and speak to their gov/LE purchasing folks. Many have contingencies in place to help folks with legitimate, urgent need for product.

Any LE firearms or ammo custodian should check your arms rooms to ensure that you are stocked no less than one year out at any given time.

Bluto
02-13-13, 17:38
ammoman.com has a bunch of TAP available.