PDA

View Full Version : Haley Skimmer Trigger?

USAFPararescueDoc66
02-14-13, 11:53
I run a Glock 19 Gen 3 and am looking for a new trigger with little to no pre-travel before hitting the wall. Has anyone had any expirience with the Haley Skimmer ? And if so how did it run? Was it reliable? Thank you all for your feedback.

Stay Safe

Magsz
02-14-13, 11:59
Search.

There is a massive thread on this already.

Summary:

It disables the drop safety in the pistol.

rathos
02-14-13, 18:41
I run one in a 32. So far it has caused me no issues. After reading what mags said I took a few primer only rounds and some snap caps and put tape over the end to see if the firing pin would break through. I dropped the pistol about 20 times with each scuffing the shit out of my floors and I could not get it to set off a primer or break the tape.

As to the performance, I love it and everyone that has shot that gun asked me where to get the trigger. Most were turned off by the price, but I can't see that Haley would put his name on something that is unsafe, let alone the glocktriggers.com guys. Since I will admit I didn't do a search about it I would be curious to see if those guys actually installed all of the parts that came with it, or if they just dropped in the trigger and called it good.

thopkins22
02-14-13, 18:46
Search.

There is a massive thread on this already.

Summary:

It disables the drop safety in the pistol.

Has anybody actually confirmed this? Surf has stated that there are people(including himself) with the knowledge to perform a very similar mod without disabling any of the safeties.

I know it can be done, whether or not the trigger in question does or doesn't hasn't been shown with the exception of some people saying so. If it's been proven I missed it....

rathos
02-14-13, 18:49
Well my highly unscientific test showed the FPS still seemed to be working for me. I also read in one of the other threads that one of our SMEs said polishing the trigger parts like on the skimmer does not disable the safeties ( I think it was Duane from Magpul but don't quote me on that).

So I would color it as a unconfirmed rumor

Has anybody actually confirmed this? Surf has stated that there are people(including himself) with the knowledge to perform a very similar mod without disabling any of the safeties.

I know it can be done, whether or not the trigger in question does or doesn't hasn't been shown with the exception of some people saying so. If it's been proven I missed it....

Dsully
02-14-13, 18:53
I have one in my glock 19 3rd gen and I've had no issues. It's a great trigger. Would buy again

Magsz
02-14-13, 19:25
Robb, a mod here was pretty adamant about this trigger system disabling the safety.

We have a Glock Triggers Edge in our collection and despite the lack of pre travel, the firing pin safety block is still good to go as well as the drop safety.

I tend to trust Robb's opinion. Since i dont need a "1911" trigger or a trigger with no pre travel i simply dont care if it does.

What is the OP's intended purpose behind the use of this trigger?

High Altitude
02-14-13, 20:47
There was a video in the original thread showing the drop safety was disabled.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95151&highlight=skimmer

Originally posted by Robb Jensen on page 6 of the above thread.

Stock trigger

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/07e52165.mp4

Haley Skimmer Trigger

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/c0affc62.mp4

Maize
02-15-13, 09:29
There was a video in the original thread showing the drop safety was disabled.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95151&highlight=skimmer

Originally posted by Robb Jensen on page 6 of the above thread.

Stock trigger

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/07e52165.mp4

Haley Skimmer Trigger

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/c0affc62.mp4

I'm interested in this as well. Anyone else with first hand experience?

Up1911fan
02-15-13, 09:29
Have you tried polished internals with a "'-" conector and NY1 TRS?

ECain18
09-11-13, 19:41
I have had one and ended up putting my stock trigger back in. For the same price you can get a custom and its much better. For carry the stock trigger honestly is not that bad. Vice versa, the Haley Skimmer was not that good(for the price)

decodeddiesel
09-11-13, 19:57
ECain18, check the date on the thread before you post. This discussion is 7 months old.

ECain18
09-11-13, 20:04
I know. I recently purchased the skimmer trigger, but before I did, I was looking at these old threads for someone to chime in on first hand experience. Most of the threads were older and not updated at all. Of the reviews I did see, some thought the skimmer was worthless and worried about safety, while others were ecstatic, etc. Had I seen a lot more reviews, it might have been an easier choice for me to make the decision. I'm trying to help anyone still looking because I really didn't think it was worth it in the end. Just my opinion though

Singlestack Wonder
09-11-13, 20:14
I know. I recently purchased the skimmer trigger, but before I did, I was looking at these old threads for someone to chime in on first hand experience. Most of the threads were older and not updated at all. Of the reviews I did see, some thought the skimmer was worthless and worried about safety, while others were ecstatic, etc. Had I seen a lot more reviews, it might have been an easier choice for me to make the decision. I'm trying to help anyone still looking because I really didn't think it was worth it in the end. Just my opinion though

The Haley Skimmer provides great trigger feel while eliminating one of the Glock's 3 safeties.

SPQR476
09-11-13, 21:14
Pretravel is the least of the issues with the Glock trigger. Eliminating over travel is far more effective at making a better trigger, as the take up is no big deal, but reducing over travel reduces reset distance. Altering the trigger safety, eliminating or reducing the effectiveness of the drop safety, and preloading the striker is no way to try and improve trigger feel.