PDA

View Full Version : MO to confiscate?

platoonDaddy
02-14-13, 12:25
Can't imagine them having the votes for this draconian legislation.

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons
Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, February 14, 2013, 9:52 AM

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/missouri-democrats-intruduce-legislation-to-confiscate-firearms-gives-gunowners-90-days-to-turn-in-guns/

gunrunner505
02-14-13, 12:32
I just saw this too. State government seems to be in a competition to see who can be more insane.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

.46caliber
02-14-13, 12:49
Definitely time to email some politicians. This is as bad as the Peoples Republik of Illinois. I doubt this will go through but I'm aggravated they're even trying to get it on the table.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Ick
02-14-13, 12:53
You can turn your magazines in to LE?

I can imagine if this passes the state will never have to buy another magazine for law enforcement ever again.

gunrunner505
02-14-13, 13:00
Definitely time to email some politicians. This is as bad as the Peoples Republik of Illinois. I doubt this will go through but I'm aggravated they're even trying to get it on the table.

It would seem that merely sharing a border with Illinois is enough to make the other state a bunch of dumbasses....

Moltke
02-14-13, 13:05
Fight it. Start emailing.

.46caliber
02-14-13, 13:05
There are a lot of things I love about this state. One thing I don't like is the new wave of thought growing in St. Louis proper and the immediate municipalities like Clayton, University City, Ladue etc.

I'm concerned that STL could become another Chicago. And that turns my stomach. Time to get on the horn with Jeff City.

gunrunner505
02-14-13, 13:25
There are a lot of things I love about this state. One thing I don't like is the new wave of thought growing in St. Louis proper and the immediate municipalities like Clayton, University City, Ladue etc.

I'm concerned that STL could become another Chicago. And that turns my stomach. Time to get on the horn with Jeff City.

If St. Louis does become another Chicago, here's what you're in for. Corruption you've never seen and more politicians sent to prison than you ever thought even existed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/chicago-style-politics-illinois-politicians-and-their-prison-sentences

.46caliber
02-14-13, 13:29
http://www.house.mo.gov/

Go here and enter ZIP find your rep.

I would urge to not be combative or ignorant, but FIRMLY convey your disapproval and note that your voting reflects such.

.46caliber
02-14-13, 13:32
If St. Louis does become another Chicago, here's what you're in for. Corruption you've never seen and more politicians sent to prison than you ever thought even existed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/chicago-style-politics-illinois-politicians-and-their-prison-sentences

Anybody got private, sovereign island either for sale or needing more citizens?

.46caliber
02-14-13, 13:35
Question: I'm not familiar with the source, Gateway Pundit, can anyone speak to the validity or trustworthiness?

Edit: Irrelevant, here is the horse's mouth.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0545I.HTM

.46caliber
02-14-13, 15:00
Did some more research. Bill has been read in the house floor twice.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billactions.aspx?bill=HB545&year=2013&code=R

jawalterusmc
02-15-13, 07:21
Glad to be living in G E O R G I A

Ttwwaack
02-15-13, 07:42
I was stationed there for some time @ FLW before the big boom in 96. I loved the hills and outdoors. Although there are alot of FUDDS there wit ther 30-30s, I can't see this passing. I could see some military bases there beong refuges for personnel caught behind the lines though.

In the long run though, it will help availability about the last thirty days prior to enactment. Hard part is I don't recall any specific registration for black rifles while I was stationed there so I think it might be kinda hard to find all them rifles on the Ozarks with dem hill people.

ST911
02-15-13, 09:03
“MO Marxists introduce bill to confiscate weapons...Give owners 90 days...”
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=124374

.46caliber
02-15-13, 09:04
Its not going to pass. The 4 "special" individuals behind this bill are simply testing the waters.

I still wrote my district rep and I think I will call the sponsor and cosponsors and share my disgust.

I never expected this kind of BS at the state level here.

.46caliber
02-15-13, 10:51
Response I received from my district rep:

You may rest assured that I am a staunch supporter of second amendment rights and will not support any efforts at further gun control. With the makeup of our legislature, I would say this bill is DOA

Ick
02-15-13, 11:24
“MO Marxists introduce bill to confiscate weapons...Give owners 90 days...”
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=124374

Unfortunately that thread that you brought up is only for 200+ posters. Kinda excludes most of the people here.

platoonDaddy
02-15-13, 15:57
Unfortunately that thread that you brought up is only for 200+ posters. Kinda excludes most of the people here.

In my opinion we need a 2A thread that ALL members are able to express their opinion. Even on this forum I have seen a divide between LEO's and the common folks. Their (progressives) goal of divide an conqueror is working.

Of course in my opinion we are now in four groups:

1. shootist

2. hunters

3. not in my state

4. don't give a ****

Many of us fall into all of the above, BUT we better get off our ass and support each other.

gunrunner505
02-15-13, 16:24
In my opinion we need a 2A thread that ALL members are able to express their opinion. Even on this forum I have seen a divide between LEO's and the common folks. Their (progressives) goal of divide an conqueror is working.

Of course in my opinion we are now in four groups:

1. shootist

2. hunters

3. not in my state

4. don't give a ****

Many of us fall into all of the above, BUT we better get off our ass and support each other.

I'll bet a lot of hunters are in cat 4 there. Unless they hunt with an AR any ban really won't screw them too bad.

The not in my state guys are dangerous, they have their heads in the sand, because it can happen anywhere. When you're not looking, that's when they will slip it through at midnight.

.46caliber
02-15-13, 16:37
We have a lot of good, pro gun legislators here. There are a few that swing so far left as this.

I don't think this bill is going to make it past the readings. I also don't think that is a reason for complacency.

When this crap comes up, call or write your reps no matter how serious a threat it is. Stay on top of it while its benign so it doesn't have the chance to turn malignant.

Shao
02-15-13, 16:42
Makes me glad I live in TX... Wow...

Scorpion
02-15-13, 17:22

Make no mistake, you are not immune.

Shao
02-15-13, 17:31
Make no mistake, you are not immune.

Don't say that, I prefer to live in denial. Besides, we can always secede from the union. :D

.46caliber
02-16-13, 21:45

The fact that a few legislators are even bringing this to the table, in MO, tells me that it can happen in any state. Wyoming has taken the action they have, in part, to attempt to curtail any future legislators from trying NY, CA, IL and CO garbage.

This bill won't pass in MO. My district rep is of the same opinion. I will be writing him again to request that MO pursue a bill like WY to explicitly protect our 2A right in regards to high capacity semi-auto firearms.

My thought process is this: If gun grabbing legislators work piece by piece, we can do the same. Start at the state level and ensure protection of the 2A state by state. We are behind the curve but WY has started the ball rolling. Lets help it along.

platoonDaddy
02-17-13, 15:48
Light the fire!

Missouri Gun Grabbers Feeling The Heat

http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/02/16/missouri-gun-grabbers-feeling-the-heat/

platoonDaddy
02-17-13, 19:10
Missouri Democrats propose forcing some gun owners to destroy, surrender weapons

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/17/mmissouri-democrats-propose-forcing-some-gun-owners-to-destroy-surrender/

.46caliber
02-19-13, 10:12
MO is following WY.

I didn't know about this till today. First two readings were mid January. Good for us.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0170I.HTM

.46caliber
02-22-13, 13:11
This is a portion of an email I received from my district rep, Chuck Gatschenberger:

February 22, 2013

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." -- John Wayne

Protecting Your Second Amendment Rights

I've received a multitude of emails, calls, and letters the past week from constituents who are greatly concerned about a bill filed by Rep. Rory Ellinger (D-86). Rep. Ellinger, along with three other St. Louis representatives, filed House Bill 545. I respect Rep. Ellinger, and I know he believes he is doing the right thing by introducing this bill. But I cannot agree.

HB 545 is a direct attack on the second amendment that would make many law-abiding gun owners felons. The bill seeks to ban the possession, sale, transfer or manufacturing of certain semi-automatic rifles and magazines that are capable of holding more than ten rounds. It contains no grandfather clause, which means if you currently own any of the semi-automatic rifles and magazines outlined in this bill, you will have 90 days from the effective date of the legislation to surrender, destroy, or remove these currently lawful items from Missouri. If you fail to do so, you could be charged with a Class C felony.

The Second Amendment to the United State Constitution reads: "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Here in Missouri, the Republican-led legislature is dedicated to upholding and protecting the fundamental rights of our citizens as outlined in the Constitution. Legislation that is clearly an infringement on our Constitution must not be allowed to become law, and with the current makeup of the General Assembly, it will not be allowed to become law.

One piece of legislation being proposed in the House to protect the rights of Missourians is HB 170 called the "Firearm Protection Act," sponsored by Rep. Casey Guernsey (R-2). This legislation is designed to shield our citizens from President Obama's gun control mandates, executive orders and proposed legislation that would limit our fundamental Second Amendment rights. The Firearm Protection Act specifies that no official shall enforce a federal firearm law when the firearm is manufactured and remains in the state and that any new federal law banning or restricting ownership of a semi-automatic firearm is unenforceable. In addition the legislation would make any attempt to curb a Missourian's Second Amendment rights a class D felony and directs the Attorney General of the State of Missouri to defend Missouri citizen's rights to keep and bear arms.

Missouri legislators believe it is their fundamental responsibility to defend and protect Missourians' basic constitutional rights framed in both the US and Missouri Constitutions.

Heavy Metal
02-22-13, 13:15

Why?

Georgia is just as likely to pass a draconian gun confiscation bill as Missouri is.

PhilM
02-22-13, 14:32
Reply from my rep;
First and foremost, I want you to know that I am a gun owner and an NRA member. I will never support legislation that would infringe upon a citizen’s Second Amendment rights under the US Constitution or their rights under Article 1 Sec. 23 of the Missouri Constitution.

I believe that the calls for excessive gun control that have followed the horrible tragedy in Connecticut are wrong-headed. What we should be talking about is funding mental health services. The Connecticut shooter was clearly deranged and was diagnosed with mental problems. Folks like that simply shouldn’t have firearms but that fact shouldn’t impede our right to own firearms and protect our families. We need to talk less about gun control and more about doing a better job of protecting our society from the mentally ill. That will be my priority this session.

Evil Colt 6920
02-22-13, 14:56

Daniel Defense posted the following on their facebook page just yesterday...

Yesterday, it was brought to our attention that a few state senators, here in our home state of Georgia, have recently sponsored a bill in an attempt to restrict our personal freedoms. This bill, which is mostly a copy and paste version of Feinstein’s, is an attempt to “prohibit the possession of an assault weapon; to prohibit the possession of a high-capacity magazine; to change the provisions relating to exemptions for the possession of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines...” among other things.
We thought that you guys might want to know more about this so we have included a link to a site with more information about the proposed bill as well as a list of those politicians that proposed it.
“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere.”
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Abigail Adams, 1787

And you think it can't happen in your state?:confused:

.46caliber
02-22-13, 15:21
If there's anything we learned in the past couple months its this: full retard price on PMAGs is triple digits and gun-grabbers will try in ANY STATE.

Heads up fellas. Stay sharp and add your state reps, state senators and governor to your contacts.

platoonDaddy
02-22-13, 17:26
Daniel Defense posted the following on their facebook page just yesterday...

Yesterday, it was brought to our attention that a few state senators, here in our home state of Georgia, have recently sponsored a bill in an attempt to restrict our personal freedoms. This bill, which is mostly a copy and paste version of Feinstein’s, is an attempt to “prohibit the possession of an assault weapon; to prohibit the possession of a high-capacity magazine; to change the provisions relating to exemptions for the possession of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines...” among other things.
We thought that you guys might want to know more about this so we have included a link to a site with more information about the proposed bill as well as a list of those politicians that proposed it.
“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere.”
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Abigail Adams, 1787

And you think it can't happen in your state?:confused:

Where is the link?

.46caliber
02-22-13, 18:17
Where is the link?

Link to Georgia site DD was referencing:
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/Display/20132014/SB/146

Gramps
02-22-13, 18:51
Just got this in an email, I love it!!

"Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids."

3 AE
02-24-13, 23:18
What pro gun right association for the State of Missouri does the best job of representing your interests? Would appreciate a link if you can. Thanks, 3 AE.

MontePR
02-24-13, 23:45
[QUOTE=Evil Colt 6920;1558568]Daniel Defense posted the following on their facebook page just yesterday...

Shit!! I never thought I would see them even try this here in Georgia. I was wrong for sure.

.46caliber
02-25-13, 19:04
What pro gun right association for the State of Missouri does the best job of representing your interests? Would appreciate a link if you can. Thanks, 3 AE.

I'm not aware of a particular gun association or organization for MO. I do know that the State legislators represent us very well on the 2A.

The AWB bill, HB545 had 3 co-sponsors. The bill that prevents federal enforcement, HB170, had 60 some co-sponsors.

3 AE
02-25-13, 21:14
I'm not aware of a particular gun association or organization for MO. I do know that the State legislators represent us very well on the 2A.

The ban bill, HB545 had 3 co-sponsors. The bill that prevents federal enforcement, HB170, had 60 some co-sponsors.

Outstanding, and kudos to your legislators who support you. It must be very comforting to live in a state who has reps. you can trust on these issues. We just received some good news here in Oregon. The main sponsor of the AWB bill is backtracking on his bill. Doesn't mean they won't try another end around, but it was very reassuring to see the overwhelming response from people who cared and did something about it. Continued success in your state to recognize the 2A.

.46caliber
02-25-13, 22:38
Outstanding, and kudos to your legislators who support you. It must be very comforting to live in a state who has reps. you can trust on these issues. We just received some good news here in Oregon. The main sponsor of the AWB bill is backtracking on his bill. Doesn't mean they won't try another end around, but it was very reassuring to see the overwhelming response from people who cared and did something about it. Continued success in your state to recognize the 2A.

MO has historically been very pro-gun and it looks like we will remain so for the immediate future. If you want to see something really impressive, check out MO HB633. The sponsor knows it has no chance, but he wanted to let our handful of gun-grabbers know the 2A is not to be infringed here.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billsummary.aspx?bill=HB633&year=2013&code=R

.46caliber
02-25-13, 22:44
Double post

3 AE
02-25-13, 22:49
That bill right there cuts to the meat of the matter. If those 60 co-sponsors of HB-170 would put their weight behind this, that would sure stir things up! ;)