PDA

View Full Version : FN Upper Reciever?

WickedWillis
02-14-13, 14:38
I found a gentleman selling a FN upper receiver and using the search bar did not help this time around. Seems like a good deal and I have heard of FN barrels, but complete uppers? (minus bcg) What do you guys think?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1016361/seattle-washington-gun-parts-for-sale--ar15-spr-fn-upper--complete-w-o-bcg

drx
02-14-13, 15:35
Not saying this is the case, but many people call PSA uppers and PK FN custom uppers "FN."

WickedWillis
02-14-13, 15:44
Not saying this is the case, but many people call PSA uppers and PK FN custom uppers "FN."

This was my concern on it.

drx
02-14-13, 15:49
This was my concern on it.

I would be more concerned that he calls it an FN upper than with the quality of psa or pk, but thats just me. Might allude to him not knowing much, or something else not desirable. That is, if it isnt really a fn upper. Again, not saying I know for sure.

IMO I would just wait. BCM has been putting uppers out pretty consistently like the one I just posted in the where can I find it thread.

WickedWillis
02-14-13, 15:51
I would be more concerned that he calls it an FN upper than with the quality of psa or pk, but thats just me. Might allude to him not knowing much, or something else not desirable.

IMO I would just wait. BCM has been putting uppers out pretty consistently like the one I just posted in the where can I find it thread.

That is exactly what I am waiting for. I am on almost every BCM upper notify when in mailing list. I have the money, I just have nowhere to spend it lol.

Iraqgunz
02-14-13, 15:58
As far as I know all FN upper receivers will have an F marking on the right side of the upper near the forge mark. I would ask him for a detailed pic of that area.

saddlerocker
02-14-13, 17:26
Hes acting like its a rare military upper. Like he stole it from uncle Sam.

FN doesnt use hammer forged barrels for their M16's do they?
How about the rail, is that something that would be on an issued rifle?

nanners83
02-14-13, 23:49
Hes acting like its a rare military upper. Like he stole it from uncle Sam.

FN doesnt use hammer forged barrels for their M16's do they?
How about the rail, is that something that would be on an issued rifle?

Judging by some of the people I've come across in the Corps, that wouldn't surprise me. Although it's more likely it's just a PSA upper, since it has a hammer forged barrel.

I've never come across any hammer forged barrels on any of my issued rifles or any others I've looked at. But I'm just an airwinger so my experience is pretty limited when it comes to that.

The KAC M5 RAS is what the Marine Corps uses on their general issue M16A4s.

Stickman
02-15-13, 00:23
Like he stole it from uncle .

He is from the Ft Lewis area, and is selling the below items plus he seems to have a good supply of USGI mags that are new in the wrapper... My guess would be that he needs to be put up against a wall and shot for stealing weapon components in time of war.

Someone feel free to send him this link so he can make his excuses. Better yet, I know some CID guys that would love to help him out, and they are willing to travel...

- 3 FN 20" barrels with A2 sight post and bayonet lug:
- 2 Colt, 1 FN flat top uppers with feedramps,
- 3 FN A2 uppers without feedramps, stripped:
- 2 Surefire M951 taclights with pressure switch and IR filter
- 2 KAC M5 rail system, new
- Several used KAC M5 rail systems

Iraqgunz
02-15-13, 00:48
I am pretty certain (although not 100%) that all FN made rifles for the military are in fact hammer forged barrels. They are not however marked as such.

I have an FN 20" barrel and it is marked FNMI 1/7 5.56 NATO or something like that.

Judging by some of the people I've come across in the Corps, that wouldn't surprise me. Although it's more likely it's just a PSA upper, since it has a hammer forged barrel.

I've never come across any hammer forged barrels on any of my issued rifles or any others I've looked at. But I'm just an airwinger so my experience is pretty limited when it comes to that.

The KAC M5 RAS is what the Marine Corps uses on their general issue M16A4s.

nobody knows
02-15-13, 17:01
This sort of thing happens all the time here in lawton fort sill area. Every week theres an article in the paper about stolen mill property. Mostly body armor,lights,lasers and magazines. But every once in a while someone will get off with a whole rifle. Then the whole base shuts down.

T2C
02-15-13, 17:06
I am pretty certain (although not 100%) that all FN made rifles for the military are in fact hammer forged barrels. They are not however marked as such.

I have an FN 20" barrel and it is marked FNMI 1/7 5.56 NATO or something like that.

In your opinion what is the average service life of that barrel? How many rounds would you expect to fire through it before replacing it?

WickedWillis
02-15-13, 17:10
He is from the Ft Lewis area, and is selling the below items plus he seems to have a good supply of USGI mags that are new in the wrapper... My guess would be that he needs to be put up against a wall and shot for stealing weapon components in time of war.

Someone feel free to send him this link so he can make his excuses. Better yet, I know some CID guys that would love to help him out, and they are willing to travel...

- 3 FN 20" barrels with A2 sight post and bayonet lug:
- 2 Colt, 1 FN flat top uppers with feedramps,
- 3 FN A2 uppers without feedramps, stripped:
- 2 Surefire M951 taclights with pressure switch and IR filter
- 2 KAC M5 rail system, new
- Several used KAC M5 rail systems

So he is a possible scumbag. That pisses me off (glad I did not try and purchase anything from him) Thanks everyone for the responses I definitely learned something today.

Iraqgunz
02-15-13, 23:28
No idea. My BCM 11.5" and 12.5" have over 17,5K combined through them and still work perfectly fine.

In your opinion what is the average service life of that barrel? How many rounds would you expect to fire through it before replacing it?

Stickman
02-16-13, 00:13
So he is a possible scumbag. That pisses me off (glad I did not try and purchase anything from him) Thanks everyone for the responses I definitely learned something today.

Probable, not possible.

skane
10-23-13, 21:42
As far as I know all FN upper receivers will have an F marking on the right side of the upper near the forge mark. I would ask him for a detailed pic of that area.

Sorry for the thread resurrection...

Please see attached pics... Is this what a FN upper receiver marking looks like?

This upper did not have M4 ramp cuts. It was sold as new and stripped (bare upper rec. only) from a popular online retailer.

Iraqgunz
10-23-13, 22:09
On it's face it appears to be legit.

Sorry for the thread resurrection...

Please see attached pics... Is this what a FN upper receiver marking looks like?

This upper did not have M4 ramp cuts. It was sold as new and stripped (bare upper rec. only) from a popular online retailer.

HeliPilot
10-23-13, 23:23
IMO that looks straight out of the armory, correct rail panels included. So either it's an exact clone or something else. Notice the glow belt in the top left corner? Don't know many civilians that even know what those are.

I almost made a purchase off the armslist but lo and behold a few days after I decided against it I get an email from the armslist warning of fraud from that particular seller.

I'd stay away, buy a BCM or Colt.

Iraqgunz
10-23-13, 23:56
The original post that you are referencing is about 8 months old. The newest question is the post from skane with a different item.

IMO that looks straight out of the armory, correct rail panels included. So either it's an exact clone or something else. Notice the glow belt in the top left corner? Don't know many civilians that even know what those are.

I almost made a purchase off the armslist but lo and behold a few days after I decided against it I get an email from the armslist warning of fraud from that particular seller.

HeliPilot
10-23-13, 23:57
Good to go, didn't check before I posted.

TxPiKapp
10-24-13, 00:22
I heard somewhere that FN is going to release an AR15 in 2014.. could be just rumors though

Iraqgunz
10-24-13, 04:58
The word on the streets is that FN is going to start selling M4's and possibly M16A4 clones in January time frame. My guess is it will be announced around SHOT.

I heard somewhere that FN is going to release an AR15 in 2014.. could be just rumors though

skane
10-24-13, 11:55
Thank you for feedback on the pictures. Sorry for any confusion with original posting.

On it's face it appears to be legit.

The original post that you are referencing is about 8 months old. The newest question is the post from skane with a different item.

Achilles11B
10-24-13, 12:36
It appears to be a close clone to an A4, but, as previously mentioned, seeing the barracks-style furniture and the reflective belt puts it in a new light. There might not be a for-sure way to determine if there's an arms room somewhere getting chewed out over a missing upper/rifle/whatever, but that just seems shady. Call it a hunch.

Iraqgunz
10-24-13, 15:16
This was closed because people couldn't seem to differentiate between the original post and then the follow up by skane.