PDA

View Full Version : A new low!!!

Hehuhates
02-15-13, 05:32
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv261/rr556/69670_238482882955157_1208206604_n_zps2f5978fc.jpg

I guess this was run in a few papers.
I've been told the artist is employed by the Kansas City Star.
The "artists'" name an e-mail is: Lee Judge LJudge@kcstar.com
I've been told his boss' name and e-mail is: Miriam Pepper
mpepper@kcstar.com

Safetyhit
02-15-13, 10:34
Was going to ignore the fool but decided to send he and the editor a little message real quick...

Dear Sir,

Your recent cartoon clarifies nothing but your distaste for those that enable your safety and freedom. Mr. Kyle mistakenly believed he was helping someone, what could possibly be the excuse for your poor judgement?

Well at least you managed 15 minutes of fame at a dead hero and father's expense, now back to obscurity with you where you belong.

Xxxxxx

Mauser KAR98K
02-15-13, 10:49
The Left knows no bounds.

Pork Chop
02-15-13, 10:52
Disgusting.

Biggy
02-15-13, 11:20
IMHO, its seems to be just a political game to them and they seem hell bent on trying to destroy and tear down a lot of the things that have made this country great. It seems a lot of the liberal press and the democratic leadership are not only anti country but anti God.

Irish
02-15-13, 11:29
If this were a cartoon about Islam or Muhammad there'd be riots in the street, a price tag on the artist's head and it'd be all over the news or the artist would be in jail for inciting pandemonium or some such silly shit.

I'd like to break that guy's pencil.

jmp45
02-15-13, 11:35
Absolutely disgraceful. It amazes me how the left walks so tight in lock step tearing this country apart. The prince and power of the air is quite obviously exposed in these times.

Traveshamockery
02-15-13, 11:37
A police officer, aka a "good guy with a gun" was called to capture the killer.

Zhurdan
02-15-13, 11:38
If this were a cartoon about Islam or Muhammad there'd be riots in the street, a price tag on the artist's head and it'd be all over the news or the artist would be in jail for inciting pandemonium or some such silly shit.

I'd like to break that guy's pencil.

More about WHERE I'd like to break that pencil off.

You are absolutely right about the content though. Kinda sad.

brickboy240
02-15-13, 11:48
Gun owners, conservatives, white people and Christians are the ONLY groups left that can be made fun of or poked at in the media.

Everyone else...not so much.

...sad.

WillBrink
02-15-13, 12:00
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv261/rr556/69670_238482882955157_1208206604_n_zps2f5978fc.jpg

rpepper@kcstar.com

That's f-ing disgusting. Truly.

MCS
02-15-13, 13:18
Scum...

Airhasz
02-15-13, 13:26
I hope we hear in the news that some 'anonymous good guy' kicked his artist ass in the near future...:sarcastic:

FVC3
02-15-13, 13:35

rpepper@kcstar.com

How can this go unanswered? Is this not deserving of at least a no-shit ass-kicking? This loser publicly defames a Hero's Hero? In better times, this would cost him his life.

Irish
02-15-13, 13:43
How can this go unanswered? Is this not deserving of at least a no-shit ass-kicking? This loser publicly defames a Hero's Hero? In better times, this would cost him his life.

That's a little extreme. A large part of the job and the oath is defending people's right to their opinions and being able to voice them publicly. You being offended should not diminish this guy's 1st Amendment rights.

I'd still like to break his pencil... And by pencil I mean punch him in the mouth.

CarlosDJackal
02-15-13, 14:08
I'd love to get a shot at kicking this guy in the 'nads. Except for the fact that he probably already has a good Civil Lawyer on retainers and he probably does not have any balls to begin with.

Here is a great response from someone who posted in the Comments section:

Clinton Pirtle · Top Commenter · Texas A&M University–Commerce

When a lion dies in the wild. The lower forms of life come out to feed on the carcass. They growl and snarl, now that the lion is dead, feeling emboldened in his presence. We remember the strength and the roar of that lion and how the lower forms skulked when he walked by. What matters most is how we live this life, God wants us to be brave and couragous men. To love God, man and country. Chris did this, he is a lion, the others now trying to feed on his legacy are carrion eaters. Just the cleanup crew.

Todd00000
02-15-13, 14:22
Posted on FB and another web site, and email sent.

The email to the editor failed.

sboza
02-15-13, 14:35
My God. That floored me. I don't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked by the media's bs but damn, this one got me. Unbelievable. I am speechless.

Todd00000
02-15-13, 16:03
My God. That floored me. I don't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked by the media's bs but damn, this one got me. Unbelievable. I am speechless.

http://www.tedrall.com/2004_05_01_archive.html

Ted Rall did it to Pat Tillman.

Todd00000
02-15-13, 16:05
A low post count member asked me to post this:

Hi would you pit this in the thread as I do not have gd discussion privileges I wrote this to that liberal journalist piece of shit

grimlude@gmail.com>

2:12 PM (0 minutes ago)

to LJudge
I recently Came across your American Sniper political cartoon I found it insensitive and it disgusted me that you would take the death of a great patriot as some kind of punchline to your joke. But go figure it is not unusual for the liberal media exploitation. I hope that you would exercise more judgement before you pick up your pencil and take a moment to think about the family that was survived by him such as his grieving wife and children. Do you have children? How would feel if your significant other was murdered and then someone put a cartoon in the paper about it? I leave you on that thought, and shame on you and your exploitation you wine sipping communist dick suck and tree loving bisexual...

Molon labe

Magic_Salad0892
02-15-13, 16:11
you wine sipping communist dick suck and tree loving bisexual...

Gotta say. If he'd just left out the crappily worded insult, it'd have been a pretty solid letter.

Moose-Knuckle
02-15-13, 16:13
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/illegaltokillthem_zpscc8de5e3.png

TriviaMonster
02-15-13, 16:15
If that grave had read "Sandy Hook Victims", Piers Morgan would host a 9hr telethon collecting money to pay for Obama to use drones to kill the cartoonist.

I'm amazed at how little respect some people have for servicemen in this country. Its revolting and it makes me puke in my mouth a little bit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WillBrink
02-15-13, 16:19
rpepper@kcstar.com

Email sent. I'm pretty hard to offend, and don't have a politically correct bone in my body, but WTF?

polymorpheous
02-15-13, 16:26
Respect and accountability are almost completely gone in this country.

Magic_Salad0892
02-15-13, 16:29
Email sent. I'm pretty hard to offend, and don't have a politically correct bone in my body, but WTF?

Agreed.

Battle*Hound
02-15-13, 16:54
If I was king....I'd trade this guys life and a 1000 more just like him so that Mr. Kyle could have 1 more minute of his own. No question!

Whiskey_Bravo
02-15-13, 17:11
Disgusting. I am not usually surprised by the media or the left but this one hits a new low.

I will be emailing both the artist as well as the editor after I let a little of the hate flow through me.

SteyrAUG
02-15-13, 20:12
Despite assertions to the contrary, the left is still spitting on our soldiers.

3 AE
02-15-13, 20:45
Writing to the cartoonist to air your complaints will not have any impact on him or the editors of the paper that approved it for publication. It wouldn't surprise me that they knew well beforehand what the negative reaction would be and looked forward to it. It's something they could flaunt at dinner parties bragging how well they can provoke pro-gun supporters. It's their badge of honor to create controversy regardless of the obvious lack of respect and decorum to a fallen warrior.

Finding out who the advertisers are for said newspaper and writing them in a respectful way to express your disappointment of the newspaper's staff and the businesses that advertise there could lead to a better resolution. In the mean time, that wine sipping, communist, dick suck, bisexual, can go pack sand!

Todd00000
02-15-13, 20:51
A newspaper publishes an editorial cartoon that many readers take as a mockery of a figure they hold in the highest esteem. The reaction is furious and includes histrionic language, intimidation and many unambiguous death threats to the cartoonist and editors.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/15...r-cartoon.html

The Sept. 2005 cartoons in a Danish newspaper that depicted the prophet Mohammed and spurred unrest around the globe?

No — I’m describing reaction to a recent cartoon by The Kansas City Star’s Lee Judge, which ran in print on Feb. 9. It went viral online last Thursday night, and The Star had received literally hundreds of angry reactions by early Friday morning.

The cartoon depicted a grave marked “American Sniper,” meaning Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, who was killed along with a friend while on a shooting range. Charged is a 25-year-old Iraq War veteran who may suffer from mental illness.

The caption on the cartoon read, “If only there had been a good guy with a gun around.” This is a direct reference to National Rifle Association executive vice president Wayne LaPierre’s recent statement, “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” Judge’s argument is that the killer was in the company of two indisputable “good guys” with guns, yet they were unable to stop an armed individual with the intent to kill, reportedly at point-blank range.

Before I go further, I need to address the completely unacceptable tenor of the majority of the early messages The Star received. Most of them were profane and many directly threatened violence to Judge or his editors. That type of vile conduct demeans the sincere and rational objections that sane and civil readers can rightly have to such a pointed piece of commentary.

Back to the cartoon. There’s no question that many people objecting to it misunderstood Judge’s point. Some thought it was implying that Kyle was one of LaPierre’s “bad guys” himself. And some people were unaware of LaPierre’s statement, so they simply interpreted the grave and headstone as a stark reminder of Kyle’s violent death.

But many understood and just plain disagreed. The prevailing sentiment from many civil readers I spoke with the next day was articulated well by emailer Courtney Anderson: “Doing this so soon after the death of Chris Kyle is just insensitive. There’s a time and place for it.”

James Mariani wrote: “Just wanted to let you know, respectfully, that the cartoon … was in poor taste. The deaths of military members … should never be used as political folly, especially these days. … We enlist to serve our nation and it is high time that using dead soldiers as a political tool or political ammunition comes to an end.”

The question of taste is of course inherently subjective, and it’s a constant point of debate. I reached out to cartoonist Glenn McCoy, whose work also tends to draw a lot of negative feedback from readers who disagree with his exaggerated caricatures and conservative points of view.

“It is the job of a cartoonist to be provocative, by forcefully, and sometimes viciously expressing our opinion,” he told me. “This often requires stretching the limits of taste. A good political cartoon is opinionated, non-objective and unfair. … Sometimes, in order to effectively make my point, I must stretch the limits of taste. It’s the thankless job of my editors to decide what goes into the newspaper.
“Like a running back I’m constantly charging at the scrimmage line of good taste. My editor’s job is to take me out at the knees.”

It’s perfectly reasonable to criticize The Star for running the cartoon on the grounds of taste. It’s also fair game to poke holes in Judge’s argument about whether the gunman could have been stopped.
But it’s the Opinion section’s job to provoke thought. Even make people angry.

The big shame is that civility was the victim here. Shooting your mouth off gives your opponents potent ammunition.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/15...#storylink=cpy

jet66
02-15-13, 22:34
Being able to read between the line(s), I came up with this:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/jet1966/fixedcartoon1_zps64eb895e.jpg

I know, it's just the artist's opinion. I wouldn't expect it to be informed and looking at things through a broader, more relative scope. Even as repulsive as it was, it's about as cutting edge as a Popeye cartoon. But hey, agenda trumps efficacy. Parrot's gonna squawk.

JBecker 72
02-15-13, 22:51
While in horrible taste, remember this guy has a RIGHT to share his views. If we clamor for this asshat's head on a stick, we are no better than the fatwa issuing muslims that went after the guy who did the Mohamed cartoon.

"While I find your speech vulgar and offensive, sir, I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Gotta say. If he'd just left out the crappily worded insult, it'd have been a pretty solid letter.

I don't know. I thought his email was compelling, and rich.

currahee
02-15-13, 23:01
There is nothing that will bring this country together.

Dunderway
02-16-13, 02:24
While in horrible taste, remember this guy has a RIGHT to share his views. If we clamor for this asshat's head on a stick, we are no better than the fatwa issuing muslims that went after the guy who did the Mohamed cartoon.

"While I find your speech vulgar and offensive, sir, I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I don't know. I thought his email was compelling, and rich.

We also have the RIGHT to bombard them with our objections until they come to the decision of letting this writer go, and issuing an apology. The difference is that we didn't call for the death, or disgrace of a fallen sailor/soldier. Likening those of us who object to this to the Denmark bombers is both ridiculous and insulting.

SteyrAUG
02-16-13, 02:40

It is his right to express himself, it is my right to express my feelings by doing my best to get him fired.

Magic_Salad0892
02-16-13, 03:00
It is his right to express himself, it is my right to express my feelings by doing my best to get him fired.

I like it.

I do believe that it should be 100% legal to say absolutely anything you want about anybody you want.

For instance, SteyrAUG has a shitty taste in movies. :p

Should I have the right to say that?

Absolutely.

lunchbox
02-16-13, 03:09
Man, that artist is either the dumbest SOB or the bravest SOB to ever walk God's green earth, I wouldn't want to piss off the entire military. As well civilians who (as we should) will be very vocal in our distaste and demand his F!ing job. The freedom that lies within speech is a doubled edge sword.

JBecker 72
02-16-13, 07:52
We also have the RIGHT to bombard them with our objections until they come to the decision of letting this writer go, and issuing an apology. The difference is that we didn't call for the death, or disgrace of a fallen sailor/soldier. Likening those of us who object to this to the Denmark bombers is both ridiculous and insulting.

There were a few members who said the guy should be killed or have his ass kicked. Just saying.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Hehuhates
02-16-13, 08:25
There were a few members who said the guy should be killed or have his ass kicked. Just saying.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Killed is a little drastic...an ass kicking however is totally reasonable.

Chameleox
02-16-13, 09:31
Email sent to Judge, Pepper, and the public editor:

Safetyhit
02-16-13, 09:39
Email sent to Judge, Pepper, and the public editor:

Pepper's email doesn't work.

Shao
02-16-13, 09:41
I also sent an e-mail... mine seems to have gone through...

Thought this was pretty good:

http://lonelyconservative.com/2013/02/back-at-you-lee-judge-aka-radical-cartoonist/

Mauser KAR98K
02-16-13, 10:04
“It is the job of a cartoonist to be provocative, by forcefully, and sometimes viciously expressing our opinion,” he told me. “This often requires stretching the limits of taste. A good political cartoon is opinionated, non-objective and unfair. … Sometimes, in order to effectively make my point, I must stretch the limits of taste. It’s the thankless job of my editors to decide what goes into the newspaper.
“Like a running back I’m constantly charging at the scrimmage line of good taste. My editor’s job is to take me out at the knees.”

It’s perfectly reasonable to criticize The Star for running the cartoon on the grounds of taste. It’s also fair game to poke holes in Judge’s argument about whether the gunman could have been stopped.
But it’s the Opinion section’s job to provoke thought. Even make people angry.

What a poor ass excuse. Does his job include defaming a grave to a very revered public figure who was trying to help others for political expedience?

Chameleox
02-16-13, 10:11
Pepper's email doesn't work.

Its mpepper, not rpepper as it appears in the OP.
Other media is reporting it as mpepper, and it didn't return to me when I sent it out.

jaxman7
02-16-13, 10:19
"If there had only been a good guy with a gun around"

Why doesn't the guy who drew up this cartoon tell that to the face of the 11Bs and 0311s Chris Kyle personally saved with his own rifle in Iraq.

This is beyond low and infuriates me. The man died trying to help another troubled serviceman. Respect that fact and leave it at that because that guy will NEVER understand what it means to truly SERVE this country. Rant off. Sending an email to this guy shortly.

-Jax

WillBrink
02-16-13, 10:25
Other media is reporting it as mpepper, and it didn't return to me when I sent it out.

I resent with mpepper, but oddly the rpepper didnt bounce back for me,

Hehuhates
02-16-13, 10:26

fixed it. thanks.

Submariner
02-16-13, 10:58
"If there had only been a good guy with a gun around."

Does anyone know if Chief Kyle or Mr. Littleton were carrying side arms? Wearing armor? (Armor in public shooting places is not a bad idea these days, no?)

How did the miscreant manage to shoot them? Condition White?