PDA

View Full Version : Otics Install Info Please

joesuits4
02-16-13, 09:57
I got my first Colt 6920 for xmas. I'm thinking of getting an Aimpoint Pro. Will I need to install a new rear sight when I remove the carry handle and can I use the current front sight? Any recommendations would be appreciated as to which sight to get etc.

Thanks!

ForTehNguyen
02-16-13, 10:01
Magpul MBUS would work fine. You can use the front sight fine. MBUS will flip out of the way when you use the aimpoint

Warp
02-16-13, 10:08
I got my first Colt 6920 for xmas. I'm thinking of getting an Aimpoint Pro. Will I need to install a new rear sight when I remove the carry handle and can I use the current front sight? Any recommendations would be appreciated as to which sight to get etc.

Thanks!

You are going to want to use the search feature. There are two search features on the site, and you can use the old site:www.m4carbin.net to search straight from Google (use terms like -FS -WTT -WTS -sold, etc, to weed out classifieds).

Also, there is an optics specific sub forum here on M4C that you will want to check out.

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Doing the above will get you 1,000x more information than you could ever get out of this thread.

---
You can keep the front sight. You don't NEED a new rear sight, but if you want to be able to use irons (recommended) you will need a new rear sight.

Lots of choices in rear sights to check out

ChrisCross
02-16-13, 15:00

Thanks!

I've got a Colt 6920 running an optic also. Just pop off the carry handle, mount the Aimpoint and the BUIS.

The Magpul MBUS gets great reviews. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-MBUS-Gen-2-Rear-Back-Up-Iron-Sight-Black-p/mag248%20black.htm

I went with a Troy Folding BUIS
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Troy-Folding-Battle-Sight-REAR-p/troy%20rear%20sight%20-%20rear.htm

I kept the standard front sight and I'm running a lower 1/3 co-witness mount for my Aimpoint. If you go with the Aimpoint Pro I think the standard mount is an absolute co-witness.

TBH with any of the above your gtg.

yfz
02-16-13, 16:02
Search function will definately help you decide, but if you want something fairly inexpensive and very sturdy the DD A1.5 is a great option.

jwperry
02-16-13, 17:22
Remove carry handle.
Mount Aimpoint Pro.
Cut carry handle in half.
Mount rear half of carry handle.
??????
Profit.

kmrtnsn
02-16-13, 17:42
Remove carry handle.
Mount Aimpoint Pro.
Cut carry handle in half.
Mount rear half of carry handle.
??????
Profit.

This has been done, and is fact, a very easily do-able project that I recommend the OP try out. It is cheap, and easy to do and somewhere around here is a great pictorial on the project. That said, I hate excess crap in my line of sight. M4 sight posts and fixed rear sights get in my way and every rifle in the house now sports folding BUIS, either a variation of the Troy BUIS (I have BCM marked and LaRue marked Troys) or Magpul MBUS.