PDA

View Full Version : Thread or not thread barrel

Slab hanger
02-16-13, 17:50
Got a colt lightweight upper and was wondering if I should send it to adco to get threaded. Wondering the pros and cons of threading it any suggestions

kmrtnsn
02-16-13, 18:03
I'm confused. It wasn't already threaded with a muzzle device attached?

scottryan
02-16-13, 18:28
A better way is to sell off the post ban barrel, and get a factory threaded barrel from a 6520.

The ADCO way will cost you more money.

It is a losing proposition to modify a factory Colt part for any reason.

TheAxeShooter
02-16-13, 22:38
Just buy a new barrel. Easiest way and most cost effective. Like the guy said above me just sell it and use the money for a new barrel.

Frens
02-17-13, 06:20
If you like the LW profile I'd keep it since Colt LW barrels are not super common.
Have it thread by a local gunsmith if you can.

Inviato dal mio Samsung con Tapatalk 2

JS-Maine
02-17-13, 06:39
Keep it & buy a new threaded barrel if you can afford it. Eventually it will turn into another gun.

m4fun
02-17-13, 07:31
Threaded easily enough by someone reputable. Not sure the market for integrated is really there.

scottryan
02-17-13, 08:40
If you like the LW profile I'd keep it since Colt LW barrels are not super common.
Have it thread by a local gunsmith if you can.

Inviato dal mio Samsung con Tapatalk 2

The barrel he has is lightweight, and a replacement 6520 barrel will also be lightweight and it will also be threaded.

eodinert
02-17-13, 11:05

Unless you want threads on your unthreaded barrel. Then its WIN!

kmrtnsn
02-17-13, 14:42
"It is a losing proposition to modify a factory Colt part for any reason."

Seriously? Please provide a rationale for that argument. Jesus up on high is not hammering Colt parts out on an anvil and imbuing them with holy qualities. These are parts and when a part does not perform as needed it is perfectly rational to modify or replace said part.

Magic_Salad0892
02-17-13, 14:51

I have to respectfully disagree. Colt pumps out a shitload of guns. They're not going to be rare, especially being that they're IN production.