PDA

View Full Version : NJ going for the Gold on Gun bans.

sinlessorrow
02-17-13, 00:42
These should be voted on by Feb 21st.
http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/anjrpc.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/Legislative_Analysis.pdf

Alex V
02-17-13, 08:06
http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/anjrpc.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/Legislative_Analysis.pdf

Needless to say I have been checking out realtor.com for a place in TX. I honestly think this will be the last straw for me.

I just started a new job in NYC but I'm sure there are architecture firms hiring in Austin lol

Safetyhit
02-17-13, 09:54
I have no comment on this beyond a comment to clarify that I have no comment.

Do have a question though: Where the hell is the NRA?

austinN4
02-17-13, 10:10
I just started a new job in NYC but I'm sure there are architecture firms hiring in Austin lol

176 Austin, Texas area architectural firms
http://www.architectsusa.com/search/TX11.htm

Armati
02-17-13, 10:21
I wonder if Christie will let his liberal slip when it comes to his desk?

What will Hannity do now?

Mac5.56
02-17-13, 10:55
Seems no worse then NY's law to be honest. Not saying it's a good thing, but I think Cuomo won gold on this one.

I really hope the Supreme Court gets involved in this issue sooner rather then later.

I too am looking at moving and have sent out CV's to less totalitarian states. It really sucks because I have family here, and I really love the Hudson Valley of NY.

rljatl
02-17-13, 11:53
Well, one thing is for sure, all these new gun laws have made it clear that neither Cuomo, Christie, or Bloomberg will ever be president of the USA. At least I hope that it is the case.

Cagemonkey
02-17-13, 12:17
I have no comment on this beyond a comment to clarify that I have no comment.

Do have a question though: Where the hell is the NRA?The NRA abandoned States like New Jersey and Massachusetts a long time ago. They know a dead horse when they see one. Consider moving or make plans on being a criminal.

Safetyhit
02-17-13, 13:34
The NRA abandoned States like New Jersey and Massachusetts a long time ago. They know a dead horse when they see one. Consider moving or make plans on being a criminal.

Got it. Thanks for the helpful comments.

Anyway let's see what we can learn today. Meant to ask this some time ago but I really only post here.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48724-where-is-the-nra-in-this-state/

PA PATRIOT
02-17-13, 15:26
I was hoping New Jersey would break off at the Delaware river and float north to be grounded off New York that way it would be further away from my 2A loving state. It seams a lot of those crazies like to resettle or vacation here in PA and bring their liberal views with them.

But to be fair I have to say many here in Philly also hang are heads in shame because of the recent national anti gun play made by the Mayor and Police Commissioner but thankfully all of that fell on deaf ears up at the state capital who members are very pro 2A.

Cagemonkey
02-17-13, 16:06
Got it. Thanks for the helpful comments.

Anyway let's see what we can learn today. Meant to ask this some time ago but I really only post here.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48724-where-is-the-nra-in-this-state/Sorry I couldn't provide any helpful or constructive commends. Its a sad truth and theirs not much out there that you can really do. The progressives rule this area and have the voting demographics locked in their favor. Up our way, we have GOAL(Gun Owners Action League) that lobbies for 2A issues here in New England.

Hehuhates
02-17-13, 16:14
I was hoping New Jersey would break off at the Delaware river and float north to be grounded off New York that way it would be further away from my 2A loving state. It seams a lot of those crazies like to resettle or vacation here in PA and bring their liberal views with them.

But to be fair I have to say many here in Philly also hang are heads in shame because of the recent national anti gun play made by the Mayor and Police Commissioner but thankfully all of that fell on deaf ears up at the state capital who members are very pro 2A.

PA. isn't far behind on this. You should start making travel plans. If your into relocating.

Cagemonkey
02-17-13, 16:22
PA. isn't far behind on this. You should start making travel plans. If your into relocating.States that still have a chance, are worth fighting for. This is a situation where one shouldn't give up too soon.

Hehuhates
02-17-13, 16:26
States that still have a chance, are worth fighting for. This is a situation where one shouldn't give up too soon.

I'm still fighting for NY. I'm not going anywhere, except maybe jail. I said IF your into re-locating.

PA PATRIOT
02-17-13, 16:31
PA. isn't far behind on this. You should start making travel plans. If your into relocating.

How so?

Last year there was a few good Pro 2A laws passed and anything negative submitted by the same very few anti 2A reps from Philly, Pittsburgh die in committee every year.

Whats not to like?

Hehuhates
02-17-13, 17:01
How so?

Last year there was a few good Pro 2A laws pasted and anything negative submitted by the same very few anti 2A reps from Philly, Pittsburgh die in committee every year.

Whats not to like?

I have no facts to present or sources to site, I guess it's a feeling I hear more anti-2A shit than ever now. I see Philly and P-Burg becoming more and more like NYC where the cities guide the state along. I think soon you will be under attack like NY., CT., and NJ.

PA PATRIOT
02-17-13, 17:38
I have no facts to present or sources to site, I guess it's a feeling I hear more anti-2A shit than ever now. I see Philly and P-Burg becoming more and more like NYC where the cities guide the state along. I think soon you will be under attack like NY., CT., and NJ.

The state has shot down a ton of Philly/P-burg anti gun measures that never made it out of committee over the years and I feel that they (Cities) have even less power now since their high profile anti 2A appearances on TV has fizzed out to a whimper with no progress on any front.

I feel very secure that my 2A rights are safe on the state level for years to come, but I wish I could say the same on a Federal level also but thats a while and see.

Hehuhates
02-17-13, 17:40
I hope your right.

feedramp
02-18-13, 01:01
Well, one thing is for sure, all these new gun laws have made it clear that neither Cuomo, Christie, or Bloomberg will ever be president of the USA. At least I hope that it is the case.

Why not? Half or more of the population loves their politics, just like they love the current president and potential 2016 candidates like Hillary and O'Malley. Immigration "reform" will only help that.

Safetyhit
02-21-13, 14:54
Wow, with all I thought I knew I still didn't know it was this bad and all encompassing. This link will probably only work until the end of the day, smaller local news venue.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/viewart/20130221/NEWS02/302210068/N-J-gun-legislation-glance

—Reduce the maximum capacity of magazines to 10 rounds, as also proposed in federal legislation. New Jersey already has a 15-round cap. Retired police officers exempt from reduction.

—Ban online sales of weapons and ammunition, requiring all ammunition and weapon sales to be face-to-face. It was sponsored in response to the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting, where authorities said the shooter amassed an arsenal of ammunition and explosives from purchases he made over the internet.

—Require background checks on private sales of handguns, rifles or shotguns through a licensed retail dealer. Transactions between immediate family members, law enforcement officers and licensed collectors exempt.

—Require submission of certain mental health records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, a submission not considered mandatory under current law...

—Require a firearms safety training class as a condition to obtain a permit to purchase a firearm and a firearm purchaser ID card. Applicants who have law enforcement or military weapons training could substitute their experience for the class...

—Prohibit the state Treasury from investing any assets of pensions or annuity funds in companies that manufacture, import or sell assault firearms for civilian use. The bill exempts investments in companies that manufacture, import or sell assault firearms for use by the military or law enforcement agencies.

—Prohibit handgun ammunition capable of penetrating body armor...

And on and on. Coming soon to a state near you unless we unite our efforts across the board.

Alex V
02-21-13, 16:57
Looks like I will be looking into property in TX once I get back from my Wedding/Honeymoon...

Safetyhit
02-21-13, 17:04
Looks like I will be looking into property in TX once I get back from my Wedding/Honeymoon...

What is it with the Texas references? And from you of all people?

As they say on ESPN..."Come'on man!".

a1fabweld
02-21-13, 17:44

Good Lord that's a hell of a laundry list of can't have's & can't do's.

Alex V
02-21-13, 23:20
What is it with the Texas references? And from you of all people?

As they say on ESPN..."Come'on man!".

What can I say Safety... Where else can I go? For my field I really have to be in NY, Chicago, San Fran... All places I don't want to be in.

I love NC, have friends in Greensboro and love visiting there. But this past Nov in Austin, my Fiance and I really fell in love with the place. Leaving to get married in the Dom. Rep. tomorrow morning, when we get back I will start looking elsewhere to a home.

We need to know where our Governor stands on these issues. If he Veto's them, will there be a 2/3 majority to ram them through despite him?