PDA

View Full Version : HOMELESS MAN RETURNS RING

Cagemonkey
02-17-13, 15:59
Its nice to see some good news every once in a while. http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/02/17/16994285-homeless-man-on-returning-engagement-ring-i-was-raised-to-be-honest?lite

jaxman7
02-17-13, 16:13
Not to get all 'churchy' but about 10 years ago my old church's youth group and I went down to the French Quarter to help out some homeless people. Not all of them are bad.

Quite a few had had some kind of traumatic experience earlier in life and just decided to drop off the map. One guy had pics of himself with a beautiful wife and nice house. He lost it all. Had no where else to go. Alcohol consumed him and down hill it went from there on.....But for the grace of God that could've been myself.

Anyway not saying his course of action was correct (and yeah many are just lazy and worthless) but not all homeless are bad.

Thanks for the link.

-Jax

Cagemonkey
02-17-13, 16:19
Not too get all 'churchy' but about 10 years ago my old church's youth group and I went down to the French Quarter and went to help out some homeless people. Not all of them are all bad.

Quite a few had had some kind of traumatic experience earlier in life and just decidecided to drop off the map. One guy had pics of himself with a beautiful wife and nice house. He lost it all. Had no where else to go. Alcohol consumed him and iy wad down hill from there on.....But for the grace of God that could've been myself.

Amyway not saying his course of action was correct (and yeah many are just lazy and worthless) but not all homeless are bad.

Thanks for the link.

-Jax

-JaxI hear you. From what I hear many Homeless people suffer from some sort of a mental disorder and are not criminals. Many of these people have fallen threw the cracks in the system and been abandoned. I think its great Churches help out in any way possible.

Safetyhit
02-17-13, 18:17
That man lives in the streets and freezes at night, yet returns a ring to a stranger of a white woman. That ring would have at the very least temporarily but drastically changed his life in a very positive way via refuge from the cold and meals of his choice at will.

In stark contrast I just had to listen to a entertainment industry friend of a woman I know who lives in NYC talk about how lady gaga must have her toothbrush prepared each morning complete with toothpaste. As before this leads me to believe that karma simply does not exist.

Traveshamockery
02-17-13, 20:11
My wife worked at substance abuse center that also hosted a homeless shelter. 75% of their overnight guests were substance-addicted, mentally ill, or both. The other 25% were only temporarily homeless, because they didn't have mental or substance problems and were able to get back on their feet with very little help.

No doubt this was a good man who simply had his life consumed by substance abuse.