PDA

View Full Version : My LaRue-en-Stein Build

Defender3
02-18-13, 11:37
This is my first build in over 20 years, so while it's routine for so many here, I'm giddy to give this rifle a run! While I have LMT rifles, I am a LaRue fanboy (I apreciate what he does for the troops) and have a 12" LaRue factory SBR (OBR 5.56) in capativity awaiting a tax stamp. I decided to build a LaRue 14.5 and a 16" because I had a lower and two uppers, and there's no better time than during a panic!

LOWER:
LaRue billet lower with a Daniel Defense LPK
Geissele SSA trigger
LaRue receiver extension kit
Magpul MAID and ACS
IKickHippies end plate and sling swivel

UPPER:
LaRue biller upper
BCM 16" standard M4 barrel with BCM low pro gas block and SureFire SOCOM SFMB-RC brake
Noveske 13.5" NSR
LaRue BCG
BCM Gunfghter CH
Dueck Defense offset sights
Vortex Viper Optic in a LaRue mount
Magpul AFG only because I don't have a FDE handstop for some reason
Surefire scout light in a LaRue LT752 offset mount

This may not be the final configuration as I need more FDE! I also have some inforce lights on the way as well as other Noveske keymod panels.

Sorry for the crappy pics, one of these days I'll figure out how to take a decent picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/defender3va/DSC_0451-1_zps75a77701.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/defender3va/DSC_0457_zpsc8cfe800.jpg

SpankMonkey
02-18-13, 11:47
Very Nice!

Facejackets
02-18-13, 12:57
Awesome!!!

TheAxeShooter
02-18-13, 13:21
If you're looking for more FDE I'm pretty sure you can get the key mod grips in FDE. Or if you really want you could cerakote the whole rifle with black accents. I think that looks pretty nice. But you have an awesome rifle man! How did you get so many Larue parts? Ive never really seen them sold individually.

Defender3
02-18-13, 13:27
If you're looking for more FDE I'm pretty sure you can get the key mod grips in FDE. Or if you really want you could cerakote the whole rifle with black accents. I think that looks pretty nice. But you have an awesome rifle man! How did you get so many Larue parts? Ive never really seen them sold individually.

I'm looking for the Noveske keymod panels in FDE, I'm sure I'll find some to upgrade the rifles’ profile.

I've been buying and stockpiling parts from LaRue and TOS EE for a while as I tried to determine the configurations I wanted. Not for any particular reason, just because I can...

I also have three Stubborn Mule lowers coming this week, which is the company that made billet lowers for LaRue for a spell. I think the only design difference today is they no longer make the reinforced front pivot point.

fletchman
02-18-13, 15:52
DEFENDER3, i HAD NOT HEARD OF STUBBORN MULE BEFORE AND I CAN 'T HELP THING THERE MUST BE MANY OTHERS THAT I'M UNAWARE OF. LOOKING FOR A STRIPPED LOWER TO GO WITH MY LaRue OBR, MISSED THE SEEKINS ON E.E MAYBE U HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE I MIGHT FIND A QUALITY STRIPPED LOWER.
ANY HELP WOLD BE APPRECIATED AS I WOULD HATE TO GET MY OBR AND NOT HAVE A LOWER TO GO WITH IT AND TO COMPOUND THAT PROBLEM I HAVE A KAC SR15 UPPER COMING THIS WEEK.
HELP PLS
ROBERT

Defender3
02-18-13, 16:08
DEFENDER3, i HAD NOT HEARD OF STUBBORN MULE BEFORE AND I CAN 'T HELP THING THERE MUST BE MANY OTHERS THAT I'M UNAWARE OF. LOOKING FOR A STRIPPED LOWER TO GO WITH MY LaRue OBR, MISSED THE SEEKINS ON E.E MAYBE U HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE I MIGHT FIND A QUALITY STRIPPED LOWER.
ANY HELP WOLD BE APPRECIATED AS I WOULD HATE TO GET MY OBR AND NOT HAVE A LOWER TO GO WITH IT AND TO COMPOUND THAT PROBLEM I HAVE A KAC SR15 UPPER COMING THIS WEEK.
HELP PLS
ROBERT

Robert,

LaRue only sells their OBRs as complete rifles so, are you saying your have a LaRue Stealth upper and need a billet lower? If so, I suggest doing some research to find which billet lower has the look and features you prefer. You can find billet lowers for sale on gunbroker, or get in line with a dealer or manufacturer. You could also e-mail stubborn mule outdoor supply and see if they happen to have any unsold lowers.

Shao
02-25-13, 17:36
After looking at all of the builds in this forum, I know where all the NSRs are going and why I can't get my hands on one!!! Really though, sweet gun.