PDA

View Full Version : Jeans with holes in them

TBone
06-12-06, 21:06
Why, is it that when you go to a store now adays, they sell jeans with holes in them. I mean holes placed intentionally in the jeans before sale. I was at the mall today and saw a pair like that. They were sold at some obscene price like $40. Forget that, I'll go to Wal-Mart and buy an inexpensive clean, hole-free pair for less than half that.

TBone

mark5pt56
06-12-06, 21:33
Foolish, just go to the thrift store and buy them. Better yet, buy a new pair and do some freaking work and make your own holes!

Mark

Hobbes
06-12-06, 21:50
only $40? I've seen some at Nordstroms for close to $200 with holes in 'em already...:confused:

DrMark
06-23-06, 22:44
only $40? I've seen some at Nordstroms for close to $200 with holes in 'em already...:confused:

I'm pretty sure I've never been in a store that sells $200 jeans.

:eek:

Hobbes
06-24-06, 10:30
I have unfortunately. Just yesterday I went to buy some new cargo shorts and all the ones at old navy (hey it's cheap k?) had holes in 'em too. WTF?

subzero
06-25-06, 07:43
Don't act like this is something new. They did this stupid stuff 15-20 years ago too. That led to the whole acid/stone/whatever washed fad which was pretty much the same deal (new jeans that look used) but with no holes.

The only thing dumber than this are "pre-worn" hats. I can understand a hat with a properly shaped brim, but selling it with worn and frayed edges? Lame lame lame.

ShortyB
06-25-06, 08:18
You were at the mall???

LOKNLOD
06-25-06, 10:22
On one hand, it is retarded posing. On the other hand, it's brilliant capitalism -- what better way to profit more, than by getting you consumer to want to pay double, for a product that's already on it's last legs? GM wouldn't be in the hole if we were all clamoring for to pay $30k for a Cavalier w/ 250k miles on the odometer.

I bet it's a conspiracy by the same people who artifically "age" their ARs. Hopefully the feds will find their training warehouse and bust them.

Dport
06-25-06, 10:59
Don't act like this is something new. They did this stupid stuff 15-20 years ago too. That led to the whole acid/stone/whatever washed fad which was pretty much the same deal (new jeans that look used) but with no holes.

The only thing dumber than this are "pre-worn" hats. I can understand a hat with a properly shaped brim, but selling it with worn and frayed edges? Lame lame lame.
I remember walking into the mall 15 years ago and seeing jeans for sale with holes in them. It seemed to be a natural progression of the stone washed idea.

The funny thing is I still buy pre-faded jeans. After wearing denim dungaree prison uniforms, aka Navy uniforms, I have no desire to wear unfaded jeans.

I totally agree with a pre-worn hat. Looks like total crap.

Razoreye
06-25-06, 11:23
I have unfortunately. Just yesterday I went to buy some new cargo shorts and all the ones at old navy (hey it's cheap k?) had holes in 'em too. WTF?
As far as GAP stores go: Old Navy is the top of the line, then Banana Republic, then GAP. I would think it would cheaper to shop the GAP then.

I prefer to wear holes into mine over time. I usually shop at Kohls or Old Navy or Walmart if I need a pair of cheap jeans. I don't know about y'alls stores but everytime I've been into a GAP it seemed kiddy and had crap music and full of prepubescent teens.

Hobbes
06-25-06, 12:10
I've found that banana republic is most expensive with the nicest stuff, then Gap then ON. Gap has good prices when there are sales, and the jeans fit me really good. I pretty much only wear Gap jeans, but I get 'em on sale for like $24 or something.
My problem is I can't even wear jeans with holes or frays because of the USMC civilian dress requirement.

Razoreye
06-25-06, 16:54
I think I mixed up BR and ON with BR being the more expensive but I was pretty sure GAP was at the bottom. Ah, I guess it doesn't matter. The real question is why would you buy jeans with holes... I just don't understand "fashion."

subzero
06-25-06, 19:55
Banana Republic is for people with money who don't want to be seen at Gap. Old Navy is where Gap clothes go to die. I used to really like Gap jeans, but they got REALLY expensive and they cut them so loose that I can't stand'em, and I like my clothes loose.

Aside from pre-worn hats, the one that really gets me is pre-worn screen print t-shirts. I hate it when my shirts get faded like that. Now I can't get a shirt that isn't faded and cracked in the store. That kind of leads into the minor pet peeve of t-shirts with clever sayings on them (I don't think they should be allowed, because they let people misrepresent their cleverness level) but that's another story for another time.

KyBlaster
06-25-06, 21:09
I guess I'm old school. I used to wear Levis, til I found out how anti-gun they were.

Now I wear Carhart jeans.

LOKNLOD
06-25-06, 21:26
I guess I'm old school. I used to wear Levis, til I found out how anti-gun they were.

Info?

Kisara
06-26-06, 02:21
Oh yes, very anti-gun. Donates lots of money to anti groups. They are also anti-BSA (scouting), for scouting's anti-homosexual stance.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Consumer feedback is
very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to express
your opinions on this issue.

For several years, Levi Strauss & Co. has focused on empowering
youth to make social change on issues they care about. A leading
concern among youth is the increase in gun violence, which is
responsible for killing more American children than all natural causes
combined (11 children every day).

We hope to take a leadership position on this issue by supporting
PAX, a non-profit anti-violence organization, dedicated to the vision
of a society free of gun violence. Levi Strauss & Co. supports
PAX's goal to bring all Americans together to support common sense
solutions to the gun violence epidemic.

If you'd like more information about the PAX organization, please
visit their web site at www.paxusa.org.

Thank you again for sharing your views with us. We respect your
individual opinion, your comments will be communicated to the
appropriate management personnel for their review and information.

Sincerely,

Liberty
Levi Strauss & Co.

Here's a anti-gun tour they're promoting that starts this week:
http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/dangelo/articles/story/5924587/dangelo_announces_new_summer_tour

http://www.nrablacklist.com/

LOKNLOD
06-26-06, 07:34
Well that sucks, I like(d) my Levis. I was just getting ready to buy a few new pair, are any of them on our side?

DrMark
06-26-06, 20:43

Now I wear Carhart jeans.

I used to wear Levis, now I wear Wranglers.

jethead
06-29-06, 09:38
Dang! I like Levis jeans.....

:(

dctag
06-29-06, 11:55
Nordstroms is for the most part in the middle to high end on jeans. They have Sevens (120-250 ish), True Religions (200-400 ish), and Paper Denims (200-300). As well as some other designer jeans. But there are people walking around out there with $500-1000 designer "couture"jeans (whatever that is). Personally I stick with Luckys for the most part and they cost me $40-70. But I will admit to a couple pairs of $100-130 jeans.

Why would anyone spend as much on a few pairs of jeans as you can spend on a new AR or a shortdot? I don't know. How do I know this much about jeans? I have sisters, aunts, and cousins.

-David

P.S. Whether these companies are liberal or not I do not know. But our entire family and extended family ( and in our families that goes out to like 3rd cousins) have been boycotting Levis ever since they stopped supporting Boy Scouts.

IDCC
06-30-06, 02:22
I wonder what Levi's would think if I emailed them saying that there Jeans are( WERE) my favorite jeans for CCW. Oh well I only have one pair and wont replace them with another pair of Levi's.

ArchAngel
06-30-06, 03:34
Why is it that companies decide to take stances on issues that are completely irrelevant to their manufacturing?

Shouldn't Levi's be more concerned with dye testing on animals or some BS like that?

It would be an interesting study to see how many victims of "gun violence" were wearing Levi's at the time of the incident. And a correlation study of what brand of jeans offenders using guns were wearing - I bet the majority would NOT be Levis.

Please read the sarcasm in the post. :D

I remember the stone/acid washed eras...

I was the first one in my high schoold to wear ripped jeans - yes, in the 80s I intentionally ripped some jeans to go with my 80s heavy metal style - and thought about the idea of shooting some jeans with buckshot...eventually I saw "shot" jeans in stores. Should have copywrited the idea...;)

Maybe Levis will be offended to know that I've worn their jeans to requalifications and pistol competitions...Haha!