PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Prices

Evan_O
03-12-08, 22:44
What is your opinion on where ammo prices are going? I'm talking about .223 and 9mm. Just wondering if it would be foolish to stock up with the prices that they are now? I know we can't see into the future but how about a guess as to where you think the will be this time next year. I know a lot of this is dependent on many factors but just thought I would throw the question out...

Thanks for your time gentleman.

skyugo
03-12-08, 23:22
i've only bought 320 round of .223 in my whole life.
i still have 100 of it

powder, primers and bullets, different story.

reloading is the way to go.

markm
03-13-08, 08:50
I've bought 500 rounds of XM193c recently just to keep a small trickle of fresh ammo coming into inventory.

It's funny. On Wideners.com you can look at your order history. I can see where I bought IMI .223 for $3.50 per box in the past. :p

If you could even get that ammo now It's be over double the price!

scottp999
03-13-08, 09:34
Prices will follow the trend of the value of the US Dollar. Ammunition requires a little energy to make along with commodities, mainly industrial metals.

Look at this US dollar chart: http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX&v=dmax

As it continues to go down in value the prices will rise. Housing is an area where massive deflation is taking place due to a bubble created there that was a combination of loose credit policy, Mortgage Backed Security (Mortgage Bonds, shifting the risk to the greater fool) alchemy, products that allowed unqualified people to purchase homes, or bigger homes than normal (interest only, option arms, etc.), and a federal reserve chairman testifying in front of Congress saying that everyone should have an ARM loan (Alan Greenspan, when he has the fed funds rate at 1%).

Everything else people really need is going up in price. Why is the dollar going down? Ben Bernanke made a nice statement in a speec in 2002, that dollars only have value based on their limited supply (which is very true). The congress, central bank, and commercial banks, have been creating dollars at an alarming rate, trying to reflate the housing sector of the economy at the expense of other areas. Once the market adjusts to those dollars in the economy prices rise. Simple supply and demand.

Ammo is going higher, along with oil, gold, food, etc. We are living in very interesting times where the entire worlds financial system is at risk. :D