PDA

View Full Version : SBR Build

bmcallister
02-20-13, 08:26
I have a LE 6920 and wanting to turn it into a SBR. Does anyone have any leads on a Colt 10.5 upper for sale? I have looked everywhere and almost impossible to find. And yes im clear on the NFA rules for sbr's.

Thanks
Brian

RIDE
02-20-13, 08:30
I have a LE 6920 and wanting to turn it into a SBR. Does anyone have any leads on a Colt 10.5 upper for sale? I have looked everywhere and almost impossible to find. And yes im clear on the NFA rules for sbr's.

Thanks
Brian

Obviously it's a bit crazy right now, but what you're looking for can most likely be found with some effort. If not, you could also have a shop like Adco chop down a barrel to your desired length. More money, but less effort.

M90A1
02-20-13, 13:30
Contact Specialized Armament in Peoria, AZ.

TheAxeShooter
02-20-13, 21:34
If you are having trouble with finding a Colt upper why not try some differ companies? I know BCM has been releasing quite a few uppers lately. Worth checking it out.

rjacobs
02-21-13, 09:00
Do a barrel change. Lots of short barrels around still. I personally wouldnt cut down an otherwise perfectly good 16" barrel, especially not a Colt barrel when its so very easy to find quality short barrels.

yfz
02-21-13, 16:25
If you can not find a complete upper source all the parts to put together an upper. If you do not feel confident enough to assemble it yourself there are plenty of great gunsmiths online who you can pay.

ccrn_csc
02-21-13, 17:00
I dont know of any Colt 10.5" uppers, but there was someone on the EE here who wanted to sell a 11.5" 6933 upper for $1250. Thats more than I paid for my complete 6933.

EchoHotel
02-22-13, 10:50
If you can not find a complete upper source all the parts to put together an upper. If you do not feel confident enough to assemble it yourself there are plenty of great gunsmiths online who you can pay.

^^^ this go to the Ar GD to the where an i get it thread and watch it like a hawk.. I have sourced BCM BCG vltr mur a barrel every thing I need for my first build