PDA

View Full Version : Shorter stocks for an 870P and 1100 Tactical

buzz_knox
03-13-08, 08:16
I've got an 870P and 1100 Tactical that need the trigger reach reduced by about 1 inch. Is Speedfeed my best option?

austinN4
03-13-08, 09:02
On the 870, consider the Remington, Speedfeed or Hogue youth stocks, which, I believe are 12" LOP instead of the 13" regular. And if you are handy you can always cut your stock doewn to fit. And then there are always the adjustable stocks.

As to the 1100 I don't know what your options are, it being an auto loader and all.

Buck
03-13-08, 11:53
I really like the Speedfeed stocks with a 13" inch pull...

If desired you can have the stock shortened a few more inches and the pad refitted.. In theory you could do this at home with a hacksaw and a dremel tool, but I always pay the 70 bucks to have it done at a shop by a pro so it looks like a factory job...

Buck

rhino
03-13-08, 22:05
I've got an 870P and 1100 Tactical that need the trigger reach reduced by about 1 inch. Is Speedfeed my best option?

The Speedfeed youth and TAC-IV-S will give you about a 13 inche LOP. Standard is 14 inches. The only way to get shorter with your 1100 is to use Speedfeed's thin plate instead of the recoil pad. It gives you about another half inch reduction, but it literally touches the part inside the stock that connects it to the receiver.

With the 870 you can go as short as you like with a saw and some patience. The shortest manufactured stock that I know of is the Hogue youth model. That will give you about a 12 inch LOP.

VooDoo6Actual
03-15-08, 10:54
FWIW,

Remington makes a "JR." or "YOUTH Stock" that is approx. 1" shorter than regular version. I setup both of my Vang 870's and helps alot when training w/ "BA" and other KIT on.

It can be ordered through any Rmeington Dealer or Hans Vang can get them.

I also had ROBAR do a medium TEXTURE on the throat/Neck of 870. Big difference in grip purchase/comfort/weapon manipulation speed etc...

HTH...YMMV