PDA

View Full Version : peq mounting?

krazykevin
03-13-08, 08:50
i was sitting here pondering in kuwait, thats about all there is to do, about the mounting of the lets say peq-15. Why is it that the only way I have ever seen it mounted is at the end of the rail system? why is it not mounted closer to the magazine well? is there a tactical purpose? thanks in advance for any answers.

Hootiewho
03-20-08, 19:02
Maybe to keep it away from the heat of the barrel nut? I am curious about this as well.

Victor
03-21-08, 13:46
i was sitting here pondering in kuwait, thats about all there is to do, about the mounting of the lets say peq-15. Why is it that the only way I have ever seen it mounted is at the end of the rail system? why is it not mounted closer to the magazine well? is there a tactical purpose? thanks in advance for any answers.

The main reason I mount a PEQ far forward especially with a fixed front site post is to avoid any beam deflection especially from a wide beam illuminator. When I mount the unit as far forward assures the split IR beams go around the front site posts sorta speak. Hope this helps.

Vic Di Cosola