PDA

View Full Version : Long time searcher, First time poster

dorkmagus
02-20-13, 18:42
I've been lurking around here for a while getting some very good information and thought I should post up and say hi.

After a long month and a half wait I finally got my new AR. It's a Crossbones LLC which is a very small company in NW Arkansas. I believe one of the gunsmiths there used to work at Wilson Combat.

I was there during Christmas and shot my friend's and loved it so I went by their shop and talked to the owner for a while. I was sold and they built it exactly how I wanted it. Well, except for a Troy free float handguard but I want to do that later.

Also, if anyone knows what brand the case is that would be great. I'm just curious.

Here are the specs:
* Matched upper and lower receivers coated in FDE
* BCM charging handle
* ERGO grip
* Magpul STR stock, rear MBUS, ASAP, trigger guard, handguard, vertical foregrip, PMAG
* Trigger work ~4.5lb pull
* Burris MTAC scope w/ PEPR mount
* Soft case

http://vurjgraphics.com/guns/crossbones1.jpg

http://vurjgraphics.com/guns/crossbones2.jpg

http://vurjgraphics.com/guns/crossbones3.jpg

http://vurjgraphics.com/guns/crossbones4.jpg

http://vurjgraphics.com/guns/crossbones5.jpg

TheAxeShooter
02-20-13, 20:30
Nice looking carbine! Never heard of the brand before. Know what bolt carrier it has? Also, so you know there's a sub forum specifically for new people. May be worth it to go check it out. There's a lot of great info on this site. Welcome!

Sasahara
02-20-13, 20:34
What about the important specs like materials used for barrel/bcg or their makers? Also, why not try calling/emailing them to see what brand bags they use? Only sure way to tell.

Prairie Patriot
02-20-13, 20:37
I like the Chaos setting on the selector switch. :D

I'd be curious as well to know the specs on the barrel and BCG. I love when companies offer receivers in colors other than black.

!Nvasi0n
02-20-13, 20:49
No offense, but m4carbine.net isn't really the place for show and tell type posts. There are other forum sections that are better suited for twitter/facebook type posts.

This is a place for technical discussion that's informative, and helpful. This doesn't really bring anything to the table.

At any rate...welcome aboard. I recommend you read the forum rules.

dorkmagus
02-20-13, 21:00
As I said I've been searching and getting tons of great information here. I know about TOS but I like this one better. I just thought I'd show off my new gun and get some input. I didn't realize it was frowned upon to do so.

As far as BCG and barrel I'm not sure. I know the barrel is chrome lined. I've been meaning to ask them about the bolt though. Since it's difficult to get in touch with almost any firearm company right now I thought I'd ask about the bag in case someone recognized it.

kcara
02-20-13, 21:08
No offense, but m4carbine.net isn't really the place for show and tell type posts. There are other forum sections that are better suited for twitter/facebook type posts.

This is a place for technical discussion that's informative, and helpful. This doesn't really bring anything to the table.

At any rate...welcome aboard. I recommend you read the forum rules.

^this. Nice looking gun, but expect this thread to get closed. Never heard of this company. How much did you pay?

dorkmagus
02-20-13, 21:16
That's fine if it gets closed. I wasn't aware that I shouldn't post that here. I figured general discussion was ok. I looked for a new member area and can't find it. Maybe it's because I'm using tapatalk. I paid $1250ish minus the scope.

guitarman008
02-20-13, 21:17
I've been lurking around here for a while getting some very good information and thought I should post up and say hi.

Also, if anyone knows what brand the case is that would be great. I'm just curious.

It looks like the ModGear Ultimate Carbine Case Black 36x12x4". I got one from Cheaper Than Dirt last December ($69) and it is identical to your pic.

Safetyhit
02-20-13, 21:38

Maybe you missed the most read topic of all time at the top named the AR picture thread. Posting such images here is hardly unusual, you could have just pointed him in the right direction.

guitarman008
02-21-13, 05:37
Maybe you missed the most read topic of all time at the top named the AR picture thread. Posting such images here is hardly unusual, you could have just pointed him in the right direction.

He asked the question, I answered it. Being neighborly.

JSantoro
02-21-13, 07:38
....which he could have done just as easily in the picture thread.

....which is a stickied thread at the very top of AR GD...

...misleadingly labeled "AR Picture Thread"

So, not a matter of "...shouldn't post here." You're in the right subforum.

It's a matter of "...don't start new threads just because you can start new threads when we have an existing thread that satisfies your intended purpose."

This is why reading the stickies is encouraged.