PDA

View Full Version : Stag Arms Bolt Question

Thump_rrr
02-20-13, 22:30
I just received my new Stag 3G a couple of hours ago.
I disassembled it and cleaned it to get all the shipping lube off of it.

I noticed 2 things first being that the bolt has a real tight fit in the carrier. The second thing that I noticed was that when the firing pin was inserted all the way into the bolt I could pick the bolt up by the firing pin alone and the firing pin wouldn't slip out.
Is it normal for a new bolt to be that tight?

Thanks in Advance.

eng208
02-21-13, 05:43
Just shoot it. ???? If it works it's good. You don't want it loose in the carrier.

RMiller
02-21-13, 05:51
Are you talking abut the back side of the pin? It wont come out cause its held in by the cam pin. Pull the bolt forward and it should be fine.

As for the bolt, as long as it doesn't take a considerable force to push the bolt it I wouldn't worry too much either. Now if its so tight it catches and sticks with the buffer spring behind it.......now thatwould be a different story.

Litpipe
02-21-13, 06:04
Its fine. Shoot it.

munch520
02-21-13, 07:01
I've always noticed a tight fit with new BCGs, they're a bitch to get apart the first time. Shoot it and it'll loosen up.

markm
02-21-13, 07:13
New bolt rings fit tight! OMG! :eek:

Thump_rrr
02-21-13, 07:30
Are you talking abut the back side of the pin? It wont come out cause its held in by the cam pin. Pull the bolt forward and it should be fine.

As for the bolt, as long as it doesn't take a considerable force to push the bolt it I wouldn't worry too much either. Now if its so tight it catches and sticks with the buffer spring behind it.......now thatwould be a different story.

I removed the bolt from the carrier and inserted the firing pin.
With the bolt at 6 o clock and the firing pin at 12 o clock I can lift the bolt from the firing pin and shake it vigorously and the bolt won't drop.

Ill try to get a video up this afternoon.

I can't try to shoot it till at least till next Monday when our range reopens.
Our range had a sprinkler pipe freeze and burst over a month ago.

RMiller
02-21-13, 07:37
I removed the bolt from the carrier and inserted the firing pin.
With the bolt at 6 o clock and the firing pin at 12 o clock I can lift the bolt from the firing pin and shake it vigorously and the bolt won't drop.

Ill try to get a video up this afternoon.

I can't try to shoot it till at least till next Monday when our range reopens.
Our range had a sprinkler pipe freeze and burst over a month ago.

Oh. The bolt in the carrier. Duh

It's fine. Just shoot it. It's like breaking in a new engine.

Litpipe
02-21-13, 07:42
youre fine no need for video just go shooting when you can.

munch520
02-21-13, 07:55
New bolt rings fit tight! OMG! :eek:

Just make sure the gas rings aren't aligned! :sarcastic:

FamilyMan
02-21-13, 08:08
CMT makes the bolts for Stag and in my experience is better quality than other 'big' names out there minus the bolt not being MPI'd (which is an option from Stag). Just needs to be broken in like mentioned.

Thump_rrr
02-21-13, 08:33
CMT makes the bolts for Stag and in my experience is better quality than other 'big' names out there minus the bolt not being MPI'd (which is an option from Stag). Just needs to be broken in like mentioned.

Actually the bolt says HP/MP on it

JSantoro
02-21-13, 08:44
....and the lack of knowledge that CMT is one of the "big" names in bolts demonstrates how relative "in my experience" can be.

Go shoot the thing, and enjoy.