PDA

View Full Version : Sorting Threads

Khh
02-21-13, 02:05
Is there something I am missing on sorting threads? When I open one there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order. Is there some where I can sort from newest to oldest post?

JSantoro
02-21-13, 09:26
Default is to start with the OP, then all subsequent posts follow below that in chronological order; the newest post will be at the end of the thread. That can be altered.

In the header:

Click User CP --> in the left margin, click Edit Options --> scroll down to Thread Display Options.

Make your selections, save them, actively sign out of the forum, then sign back on to ensure that they take effect.

EDIT: Waitaminute....you're talking about how the threads within a SUBFORUM are arranged, aren't you....

If you are.....

The "stickied" threads are at the top of each subforum because they are put there intentionally. They contain policies/practices and FAQs....and are frequently ignored by new and experienced members alike, all of whom have the nerve to act surprised when they get called out for ignoring either the rules or the boilerplate reference material within them. The stickies are permanently affixed by the staff, and there's nothing you can do about them.

Threads are in chronological order, after the stickies, newest to oldest.