PDA

View Full Version : Thank You BCM For Doing The Right Thing!!!

d90king
02-21-13, 11:08
I know some of the Mods etc, think that it is stupid and not effective, but personally, I think that it's great when a company stands up for what is right. It takes a lot of courage to stand up and say enough is enough and its great to see BCM step up in such a way.

Thank you Paul!

Our stance on the 2nd Amendment.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The founding fathers made the right to keep and bear arms second only to the freedom of speech in the Bill of Rights. Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, George Mason, Samuel Adams and so many others, labored tirelessly to create a new nation with laws free from the tyranny of the old country. A place where the government would represent the people, not repress them.

As Americans, we have the luxury of living in a developed society where we can develop ourselves through education and critical debate. We have a responsibility to question ideas and confront issues that we have a stake in as citizens of this nation, be that the rights of yourselves or the rights of others when threatened by the state. Firearms are, first and foremost, a tool to secure your life and the lives of others, against any aggressor.

The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible private individuals having access to the same tools of civilian Law Enforcement to affect the same ends. Securing and defending ourselves, our loved ones and innocent people if the situation arises. As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state.

Doc Safari
02-21-13, 11:10
Way to go!

Can't expect any more than that!

Safetyhit
02-21-13, 11:11
Sincerest thanks to Paul and the group.

d90king
02-21-13, 11:12
Way to go!

Can't expect any more than that!

Above and beyond!

Todd00000
02-21-13, 11:17
Good to go.

Sam
02-21-13, 11:18
Which moderator thought it was "stupid and ineffective"?

I am a lowly junior moderator and I think it's a great idea.

Zane1844
02-21-13, 11:22
BCM is just awesome. I am always happy to give them all my money.

Hehuhates
02-21-13, 11:34
This is getting more and more interesting.

Bulletdog
02-21-13, 11:40
Thank you BCM. Top notch equipment from top notch people.

As a show of support, I will be wearing my BCM hats exclusively for the next month starting today. More business will be coming your way too.

DreadPirateMoyer
02-21-13, 11:56
Bravo, BCM. You and LaRue will be getting my business, exclusively, for the next few years.

Civilian arms ownership is about owning the same weaponry as government. If civilians can't own these guns, I completely support disarming government agents so that civilians are better protected from government abuse.

Love it.

jmp45
02-21-13, 12:04
Excellent BCM, for your top notch stance on the 2nd. Maybe some uppers will now be available for us non restricted consumers.. ;)

Eric D.
02-21-13, 12:38
****in' A! I'll be snatching an upper as soon the one I want is back in stock!

No.6
02-21-13, 12:44
Bravo!

A couple of things to consider regarding BCM, MagPul, et. al.; there are far more civilian sales than LEO sales. These companies see the writing on the wall, if nothing else if you factor out completely the civilian side (ie ban and confiscation), there isn't much left of the AR market for many of these companies to survive on. The .mil purchases will go to Colt, FN, Knight's etc., and when the market adjusts to no civilian purchases (hopefully never!), there won't be many, if any, of these smaller players around for LEO to do business with. Yes, these companies are supporting 2A, but also protecting their customer base. We, and they are in the fight of our lives to protect our heritage, freedom and future.

D. Christopher
02-21-13, 13:20
BCM always continues to impress me. I spend a lot of money every year on their products and have never had an issue with any them. Absolute top quality. Even if they made junk I would probably spend money with them because they know how to treat customers and people. If only more were like them. Well done Paul, and thanks for everything you do.

GeorgiaBoy
02-21-13, 13:24
I wonder if AKPopo will now boycott BCM? ;)

Sam
02-21-13, 13:31

Come on now, don't get our friend stirred up, he's been doing really well keeping his blood pressure down. :lol:

Cameron
02-21-13, 13:33
That is great to hear.

I will start looking for a new upper from them then....

Anyone know Daniel Defense's stance on the issue?

Cameron

JBecker 72
02-21-13, 13:35
Yes! I'm glad this policy is catching on and sweeping through the industry. About time!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

warpigM-4
02-21-13, 13:57
thank you Paul I am glad the industry is standing up for us law-abiding citizens

d90king
02-21-13, 14:35

He just doesn't get it and feels that somehow LE are special people who deserve more than the common citizenry. Its sad but I don't bother even arguing with someone who feels they deserve special privileges.

LE are citizens just like we are and they deserve no special exemptions, especially when many are so vocal in support of these bans.

A citizen is a citizen, plain and simple, we are all equal under the law.

Cameron
02-21-13, 14:38
He just doesn't get it and feels that somehow LE are special people who deserve more than the common citizenry. Its sad but I don't bother even arguing with someone who feels they deserve special privileges.

LE are citizens just like we are and they deserve no special exemptions, especially when many are so vocal in support of these bans.

A citizen is a citizen, plain and simple, we are all equal under the law.

Absolutely!

Cameron

Iraqgunz
02-21-13, 15:09
Anyone who wants to intentionally stir the shit pot or bait another member can do one of two things;

1. Keep posting and get infractions.

2. Remain civil and post something of value.

TriviaMonster
02-21-13, 15:19
I am happy to support BCM for this. I'll gladly buy a complete lower and bcg right now. Maybe a complete mid length upper too. Send away Bravo Company.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Irish
02-21-13, 15:28
Excellent news.

tb-av
02-21-13, 15:30
Rock On! BCM

If the nation doesn't pull together on this we will loose.

polymorpheous
02-21-13, 15:35
Spoke with Paul for a while about a month ago.
He is most definitely on our side.

BCM is one class act!

DarrinD2
02-21-13, 15:37
I agree with BCM's sentiments and will support them in the future. But, I don't understand why there is so much anti-LE sentiment among activist gun owners; maybe it's a libertarian thing which reasonable minds can differ on. I also wonder why the comparison wasn't made for military/national guard sales as well. Nevertheless, activist moves by companies like BCM will be necessary to persuade more voters on the issue.

opmike
02-21-13, 15:50
Money as been really tight for me lately, but I think I'll be placing an order this evening.

Moose-Knuckle
02-21-13, 15:52
Outstanding! :cool:

d90king
02-21-13, 16:08
I agree with BCM's sentiments and will support them in the future. But, I don't understand why there is so much anti-LE sentiment among activist gun owners; maybe it's a libertarian thing which reasonable minds can differ on. I also wonder why the comparison wasn't made for military/national guard sales as well. Nevertheless, activist moves by companies like BCM will be necessary to persuade more voters on the issue.

I'm not sure where this is coming from... I am as pro LE as it gets, almost to a fault, but this has nothing to do with being anti or pro LE.

It is very simple in my mind... We are all citizens and we all deserve equal protection under the law. When a group advocates legislation that robs citizens of their rights and then expects to be exempted from the same legislation, I have a fundamental problem with that. In many situations we are on the front lines and we deserve every possible tool that can help us prevail in a fight.

Law enforcement has a very powerful voice in these matters and I believe if they were to unite and strongly oppose any laws that strip citizens of their rights, that they can make a difference in defeating them before they make it out of chamber...

This is simply standing up for what is right and more importantly standing up against what is WRONG.

DarrinD2
02-21-13, 16:15
I'm not sure where this is coming from... I am as pro LE as it gets, almost to a fault, but this has nothing to do with being anti or pro LE.

That's good to hear. Here in Arizona it may be that some of the gun owners I come across are anti-LE and overly zealous. I believe we need a bigger tent in the gun owner/NRA member community, and some of the gun owner activists take it to an extreme level of advocacy that does not persuade other gun owners or voters that our most important right is the 2A.

RIDE
02-21-13, 17:18
How do we get BCM's statement into the hands of the powers that be in CO... namely the state Senators and Governor at this point?? And also into the hands of the Denver Post..

Something.. anything to stop what they are attempting to do to CO residents.

I hope to see more and more big name mfg's that supply a lot of tools to local and state agencies follow suit..

Sig? Glock? DD? RR? Bushmaster?

gun71530
02-21-13, 17:23
Glad to hear it. BCM is an outstanding company.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

a1fabweld
02-21-13, 17:38
Great job BCM. Thanks for the support & great products.

Larry Vickers
02-21-13, 17:39
That statement gentlemen is why I use and endorse BCM products ,why I am proud to have them as a TacTV sponsor, and why I consider Paul Buffoni a personal friend

Can't say it any better than that - spot on BCM !!

djegators
02-21-13, 17:42
This is great news to me! I already knew they were good people long ago, but then they added the NRA donation to BCG purchases, and now this! Thank you BCM, I have been and remain a loyal customer and supporter!

MCS
02-21-13, 19:05
That statement gentlemen is why I use and endorse BCM products ,why I am proud to have them as a TacTV sponsor, and why I consider Paul Buffoni a personal friend

Can't say it any better than that - spot on BCM !!

Hey Larry,
Do you foresee DD making the same move?

NWPilgrim
02-21-13, 19:31
My BCM upper and parts have been top notch and I will continue to buy from from BCM. Especially now since they are making an unequivocal statement in support of equal treatment under the law.

I doubt any of these companies will refuse to sell to a LEO if done as a private citizen following the state laws like everyone else. But when a LEO makes a purchase for a discount using agency letterhead for personal use or dept use they are acting as a sworn officer of that local govt. and should expect to be treated as a govt official not as just another good old boy. If you don't like the laws passed by your govt entity then let them know, but don't get upset with private parties who refuse to do business with that govt or its officials.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-21-13, 19:35
This LEO says rock on BCM!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/1348947639653.jpg

seb5
02-21-13, 19:44
As a cop and military member I say Bravo Zulu for Paul making a stand. I wish many more would get on the same page and follow suit. Currently there are so many AR manufacturers that there will always be places for them to buy their weapons.

d90king
02-21-13, 19:48
My BCM upper and parts have been top notch and I will continue to buy from from BCM. Especially now since they are making an unequivocal statement in support of equal treatment under the law.

I doubt any of these companies will refuse to sell to a LEO if done as a private citizen following the state laws like everyone else. But when a LEO makes a purchase for a discount using agency letterhead for personal use or dept use they are acting as a sworn officer of that local govt. and should expect to be treated as a govt official not as just another good old boy. If you don't like the laws passed by your govt entity then let them know, but don't get upset with private parties who refuse to do business with that govt or its officials.

The key words there are "like everyone else", as long as everyone else can purchase it, then its no problem. If it is prohibited for everyone else, then you will not get to purchase it using the LE exemption granted by the ban states.

djegators
02-21-13, 19:51
The key words there are "like everyone else", as long as everyone else can purchase it, then its no problem. If it is prohibited for everyone else, then you will not get to purchase it using the LE exemption granted by the ban states.

That's right, and that's an important point. They will hold everyone to the same standard civilians are held to locally.

P2000
02-21-13, 20:16
Excellent news!!

These kinds of policies will sway my future purchases HEAVILY.

F-Trooper05
02-21-13, 20:21
Excellent news!!

These kinds of policies will sway my future purchases HEAVILY.

Same here. Ill be selling my DD to get a BCM if they don't step it up soon.

djmorris
02-21-13, 20:25
+1 up for BCM. I foresee them completely owning the AR market in the very near future.

Atlshaun
02-21-13, 20:37
What an inspiring statement.

I am very loyal to Colt, and I buy PSA to support the SC economy but I can say, without a doubt, my next AR will be from Paul and BCM.

As soon as April 1 passes, I will place an order immediately when the right setup is available.

Thank you, very much, BCM.

feedramp
02-21-13, 20:41
Great news!

Larry Vickers
02-21-13, 21:01
I am not surprised by this announcement from BCM as I was involved in a conversation with Paul B, Grant, and others about this topic at SHOT and Paul indicated this had been BCM policy for some time on a more informal level - this announcement makes it official for all the world to see

I have no idea if DD is planning a similar stance as I am no longer directly affiliated with DD - they are still presenting sponsors of TacTV along with BCM but this topic is outside of the scope of the TV/sponsor relationship

Meaning it is not my place, nor anyone involved with TacTV for that matter, to tell DD how to implement company sales policy; a decision like this is one that has to be carefully considered as it can affect the livelyhood and future of the company - all those factors and many more have to be taken into consideration

nickdrak
02-21-13, 21:09
Even though this will directly affect me as an LEO in IL, I still support this move by Paul & BCM.

fixit69
02-21-13, 21:11
We need more voices like yours, nickdrak. If in unison, LE voices would be a tremendous asset.

Traveshamockery
02-21-13, 21:14
For some reason, the underlined and bolded text doesn't show up in Tapatalk 2, so for those like me who can't see it, here's what it says:

The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible private individuals having access to the same tools of civilian Law Enforcement to affect the same ends. Securing and defending ourselves, our loved ones and innocent people if the situation arises. As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state.

JPB
02-21-13, 21:33
Wow. I was looking at trying to fill the DD gap in my collection, but after reading this, a second BCM looks like the way to go.

Yet in the face of even this, companies like KAC refuse to sell even unrestricted items to CA citizens, yet continue to service CA law enforcment...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34322

"So at this time our Company policy is to sell Rifles and Accessories only to Military units or Law Enforcement Departments in California on official purchase orders."

Now, if BCM supply would catch up to demand.

currahee
02-21-13, 21:43
Many thanks to BCM and any other company that makes a similar move.

I will support them and any company that moves out of a ban state.

Hootiewho
02-22-13, 07:56

It is very simple in my mind... We are all citizens and we all deserve equal protection under the law. When a group advocates legislation that robs citizens of their rights and then expects to be exempted from the same legislation, I have a fundamental problem with that. In many situations we are on the front lines and we deserve every possible tool that can help us prevail in a fight.

Law enforcement has a very powerful voice in these matters and I believe if they were to unite and strongly oppose any laws that strip citizens of their rights, that they can make a difference in defeating them before they make it out of chamber...

This is simply standing up for what is right and more importantly standing up against what is WRONG.

I can vouch for Uncle Joe's Caddy :), I've trained a couple times with him & he's as good as they come. From what I know of him, he doesn't have an anti-LE bone in his body. He may be all buddy-buddy with some unfavorables on the green, but on the range he's 110% good to go.

In my mind, it comes down to do you either stand with the constitution or blow with the winds of change. We have been and are surely coming to more crossroads in our country which are defining moments. Decisions made will have huge impacts on our future and that of our children. I don't view what these companies are doing is anti-LE. They are putting their money where their mouth is and standing up for everyone's rights in the way they best see fit. From what I have seen from the LEO's I know, they understand this point. It's been the one's who ring the "anti-LEO bell" at any little storm cloud on the horizon who have taken issue with this. It is very important that the LEO's who do take issue with this movement to know, all it takes is one budget cut-back, one new boss who doesn't like you, or one bad decision in the heat of the moment to put you into the everyone else catagory. I view what Paul & the others are doing is a gut check with their bank accounts and I tip my hat to them for having the spine to do so. I have a badge & do not view them as anti-LE.

With any other profession, when you go do a job, you are to use the tools and equipment your company deems worthy and provides you with. It is that way due to liability concerns. You leave those tools at work. In most agencys throughout the world, this is business as usual. You pick up your gun when you go to work. How do those whom are speaking out against this movement not expect that the next step will no take home guns and agency only guns at that? You pick your gun up when you sign on. Turn it in at the end of your shift. Don't think so? It would be very easy for the anti's to argue on the point of the number of unsecure or not secured enough LE guns being stole from off duty cops and where those guns end up. I know several cops who have had guns, body armour, NODs...stolen from their vehicles. What if preventing those thefts by keeping those tools secure at vault at the agency "saves just one life"?

My point is this; just because today, what the Anti-gun Machine wants for dinner doesn't effect You or I because We have badges, does not mean that tomorrow's dinner menu will not. Rest assured, the type of things I just mentioned will be next. The push to chip away 2A has to stop RIGHT NOW & we need to start fixing what has already been chipped away in the past.

I have no doubt, if we didn't have the internet to communicate and breed awareness, we would already have a ban. I would have loved to have seen companies standing up like this in 1994.

Littlelebowski
02-22-13, 08:43
Even though this will directly affect me as an LEO in IL, I still support this move by Paul & BCM.

Alcoholic refreshments on me if we ever meet.

jaxman7
02-22-13, 08:53

Nick,

That says alot man.

-Jax

Dave L.
02-22-13, 08:59
Thank you Bravo Co.

As soon as your 16" SS barrels come back in stock....

PdxMotoxer
02-22-13, 09:10
Every company that pitches in counts.
It's great to see one of the biggest names in well above standard make their stand.

I love these.
https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=15519&d=1361545588

d90king
02-22-13, 09:27
I can vouch for Uncle Joe's Caddy :), I've trained a couple times with him & he's as good as they come. From what I know of him, he doesn't have an anti-LE bone in his body. He may be all buddy-buddy with some unfavorables on the green, but on the range he's 110% good to go.

In my mind, it comes down to do you either stand with the constitution or blow with the winds of change. We have been and are surely coming to more crossroads in our country which are defining moments. Decisions made will have huge impacts on our future and that of our children. I don't view what these companies are doing is anti-LE. They are putting their money where their mouth is and standing up for everyone's rights in the way they best see fit. From what I have seen from the LEO's I know, they understand this point. It's been the one's who ring the "anti-LEO bell" at any little storm cloud on the horizon who have taken issue with this. It is very important that the LEO's who do take issue with this movement to know, all it takes is one budget cut-back, one new boss who doesn't like you, or one bad decision in the heat of the moment to put you into the everyone else catagory. I view what Paul & the others are doing is a gut check with their bank accounts and I tip my hat to them for having the spine to do so. I have a badge & do not view them as anti-LE.

With any other profession, when you go do a job, you are to use the tools and equipment your company deems worthy and provides you with. It is that way due to liability concerns. You leave those tools at work. In most agencys throughout the world, this is business as usual. You pick up your gun when you go to work. How do those whom are speaking out against this movement not expect that the next step will no take home guns and agency only guns at that? You pick your gun up when you sign on. Turn it in at the end of your shift. Don't think so? It would be very easy for the anti's to argue on the point of the number of unsecure or not secured enough LE guns being stole from off duty cops and where those guns end up. I know several cops who have had guns, body armour, NODs...stolen from their vehicles. What if preventing those thefts by keeping those tools secure at vault at the agency "saves just one life"?

My point is this; just because today, what the Anti-gun Machine wants for dinner doesn't effect You or I because We have badges, does not mean that tomorrow's dinner menu will not. Rest assured, the type of things I just mentioned will be next. The push to chip away 2A has to stop RIGHT NOW & we need to start fixing what has already been chipped away in the past.

I have no doubt, if we didn't have the internet to communicate and breed awareness, we would already have a ban. I would have loved to have seen companies standing up like this in 1994.

:o lol thanks Brother. I'm not at the club anymore though, thank the good lord.

The highlighted part is really starting to become a problem. It's the new "that's racist"... Standing for what is right doesn't have anything to do with supporting LE etc, its simply standing for what is right. Many of my close friends are in LE in some form or another and they fully support these actions.

brickboy240
02-22-13, 10:30
I called BCM yesterday to inquire about one of their rifles.

Forget it...they said they are backlogged 1-1.5 years on orders.

So don't plan on buying a BCM anytime soon unless you buy from an individual.

-brickboy240

glocktogo
02-22-13, 10:50

Thank you sir! You have our support in the good fight!

d90king
02-22-13, 11:27
I called BCM yesterday to inquire about one of their rifles.

Forget it...they said they are backlogged 1-1.5 years on orders.

So don't plan on buying a BCM anytime soon unless you buy from an individual.

-brickboy240

Not the place for this. Thanks.

Bulletdog
02-22-13, 12:56

Disclaimer: I am not anti LE. I have friends and family that are LE, as well as the majority of my firearms instructors. Whether I like or dislike someone is based upon their words and actions, NOT their job.

LE is the teeth behind any law. Without LE the politicians in DC, or in any state capitol, can write any words they want on a piece of paper and it will have no effect without LE to back it. It is the police and sheriffs who show up with guns and badges to enforce the laws created by the politicians. If someone feels a law is unjust, they, by default, are usually not going to like the person enforcing it, any more than they will like the people who created and passed it.

This is a double edged sword, however. The same law enforcement officers can turn around and tell their chiefs and COs, "NO!" LE can be our greatest allies ever in this fight, or our worst enemies. What BCM, and many other companies are trying to do, is make sure LE is in the same boat with the general population (us), and give them a good reason to fight WITH us and for us.

This being the case, only a fool would go around bashing LE right now. Just the opposite we need to be the best friends they ever had. They need to know that when they step up and disobey direct orders in violation of the current laws, that WE have got their backs. WE will fight for them and are 100% on THEIR side. We are asking them to risk their careers and possible arrest and jail time. It is imperative that all LEOs know that "we the people" will not let them take the fall, we will stand behind them, and we will not tolerate them being punished for standing up for us and doing what's right.

If the majority of LEOs in this country will stand up and defy the lefties we WILL win this fight once and for all. I, for one, wish to support them anyway I can. If depriving them of their usual exemptions to these unjust laws is what it takes to get them in the fight, then that's what it takes. Once they are firmly IN the fight, we will be an unbeatable team. Sometimes you have to jab the big guy on the playground with a stick, to rile him up enough to come fight for what's right.

THCDDM4
02-22-13, 13:24
Disclaimer: I am not anti LE. I have friends and family that are LE, as well as the majority of my firearms instructors. Whether I like or dislike someone is based upon their words and actions, NOT their job.

LE is the teeth behind any law. Without LE the politicians in DC, or in any state capitol, can write any words they want on a piece of paper and it will have no effect without LE to back it. It is the police and sheriffs who show up with guns and badges to enforce the laws created by the politicians. If someone feels a law is unjust, they, by default, are usually not going to like the person enforcing it, any more than they will like the people who created and passed it.

This is a double edged sword, however. The same law enforcement officers can turn around and tell their chiefs and COs, "NO!" LE can be our greatest allies ever in this fight, or our worst enemies. What BCM, and many other companies are trying to do, is make sure LE is in the same boat with the general population (us), and give them a good reason to fight WITH us and for us.

This being the case, only a fool would go around bashing LE right now. Just the opposite we need to be the best friends they ever had. They need to know that when they step up and disobey direct orders in violation of the current laws, that WE have got their backs. WE will fight for them and are 100% on THEIR side. We are asking them to risk their careers and possible arrest and jail time. It is imperative that all LEOs know that "we the people" will not let them take the fall, we will stand behind them, and we will not tolerate them being punished for standing up for us and doing what's right.

If the majority of LEOs in this country will stand up and defy the lefties we WILL win this fight once and for all. I, for one, wish to support them anyway I can. If depriving them of their usual exemptions to these unjust laws is what it takes to get them in the fight, then that's what it takes. Once they are firmly IN the fight, we will be an unbeatable team. Sometimes you have to jab the big guy on the playground with a stick, to rile him up enough to come fight for what's right.

Spot on!

Great post!

"United we stand- divided we fall"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BrigandTwoFour
02-22-13, 13:45

Well said.

And to reiterate, there are a lot of LE that are apathetic to the plight of regular folks because active and retired LEO are often given exemption due to union politics, so they don't really care one way or the other. But when that exemption no longer does them any good because the suppliers will not sell it to them, the effects certainly get a lot more "real."

jaydoc1
02-22-13, 17:10

Absolutely fantastic. This perfectly mirrors my own feelings. I have many friends in LE (who are actually already on the pro-2A means EVERYONE side) and I want them to have the best weapons available. But they also want ME to have the best weapons available. Before this discussion ever began.

Belmont31R
02-23-13, 01:32

A lot of posts in less than 2 months but anyways not all LE is created equally, and we should not be arming those disarming fellow citizens. There are a lot of good LE agencies across the nation, and some like to accuse me of being anti LE but I have been the first to post quite a few statements from from sheriffs across the nation who have stepped up, and said they will not enforce or help in gun bans. Those guys we need to support...the other ones we should not be sending guns to so they can go out and take other people's guns.

A badge is not an excuse to be a gun banner. Simple as that.

Magic_Salad0892
02-23-13, 01:36

That's awesome, that you still support it.

Kudos for holding up your Oath, man.

BufordTJustice
02-23-13, 02:09
A lot of posts in less than 2 months but anyways not all LE is created equally, and we should not be arming those disarming fellow citizens. There are a lot of good LE agencies across the nation, and some like to accuse me of being anti LE but I have been the first to post quite a few statements from from sheriffs across the nation who have stepped up, and said they will not enforce or help in gun bans. Those guys we need to support...the other ones we should not be sending guns to so they can go out and take other people's guns.

A badge is not an excuse to be a gun banner. Simple as that.

From a Deputy Sheriff in Orlando, you have another HELL YES from me, sir. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

djegators
02-23-13, 08:32
I certainly don't have anti-LEO sentiment, but there is no reason for them to be access for them to have special access to weapons we are forbidden from, especially as we facing much more restrictions now. If the basis of the 2A was the people being armed similarly as the standing army, then why should be police be any different?

TacMedic556
02-23-13, 11:36
ANOTHER REASON TO WEAR THEIR HATS WITH PRIDE!

TacMedic556
02-23-13, 11:50
So far the list of true patriot companies announcing this policy are: BCM, Larue Tactical, DPMS, Olympic, J&G Sales, .........any others?

Can we get a sticky thread with a complete and updated list of those announcing not to sell to the leviathan states that execute tyrannical, insane, hoplophobic, irrational, emotional, illogical and ignorant laws against it's populace?

Edit because I just found this: http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

Appears to be a list that has them all!

TriviaMonster
02-23-13, 12:14
Thanks for posting that list TacMedic. Its good to see so many big and small companies doing this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NWPilgrim
02-23-13, 14:28
Regarding LE sentiment, ask yourself if the State passes a law banning mags over 30 rds (or any other gun restraint), if you encounter a citizen with that item in the course of your duties will you arrest them or cite them? Will you uphold the law your are sworn to uphold? If so then it should be easy to understand why we appreciate companies not selling to you.

Now we are seeing many LEOs who agree with us and that the true enemy is the State they work for which would pass such tyrannical laws.

Littlelebowski
02-23-13, 20:29
I need a BCM hat..... Didn't get one with my lower.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

chadbag
02-23-13, 20:45
We need to get the big names on board now: Glock, S&W, Sig, etc.

Just refuse to buy a Glock or a S&W until they set the same policy. They sell a lot of guns to LE Depts. in stupid states so it would be a huge sacrifice for them. Let them know how you feel and tell them you won't do any more business with them until they refuse to do business with government entities in stupid states (and the Feds if a ban passes).

But if we all stick together, we could have a real effect. If NYPD cannot get any new Glocks or S&W or Sig or XDs or Remington or Colt or whatever because we all stick together, that would put tremendous pressure on Bloomberg and company and everyone else in a stupid state.

And what is S&W still doing in Mass? (And troy and Yankee Hill as well!)

---

opmike
02-24-13, 12:42
I seriously doubt we'll see either Glock or Smith doing something like this.

I've been wrong before, however.

chadbag
02-24-13, 12:47
I seriously doubt we'll see either Glock or Smith doing something like this.

I've been wrong before, however.

I agree, it isn it likely. But we should all start applying pressure to them to do so. Without pressure it won't happen. With pressure, probably not, but the chance probably does increase.

And Remington and the rest of the big boys.

--

Wake27
02-24-13, 13:19
I need a BCM hat..... Didn't get one with my lower.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I can send you one if you want, I have 2 new ones.

I agree, it isn it likely. But we should all start applying pressure to them to do so. Without pressure it won't happen. With pressure, probably not, but the chance probably does increase.

And Remington and the rest of the big boys.

--

That would be one hell of a statement.

Littlelebowski
02-24-13, 15:53
I can send you one if you want, I have 2 new ones.

Shoot me a pic of which ones you have (if that's not too much to ask?)? I appreciate the offer.

NWPilgrim
02-24-13, 16:03
I hope BCM starts making semi-auto pistols soon!

I think this is a great opportunity for S&W to grab a big chunk of the civilian market from Glock. If they came out in support of citizens' access and Glock does not then they could reap the reverse if what the British owners got back in the 1990s when they cooperated with voluntary State requests.

As S&W found then and would find again, gun enthusiasts have a long and loyal memory.

currahee
02-24-13, 16:11
I hope BCM starts making semi-auto pistols soon!

I think this is a great opportunity for S&W to grab a big chunk of the civilian market from Glock. If they came out in support of citizens' access and Glock does not then they could reap the reverse if what the British owners got back in the 1990s when they cooperated with voluntary State requests.

As S&W found then and would find again, gun enthusiasts have a long and loyal memory.

If Smith did this and moved to a free state I would give up being a Glock fanboy immediately.