PDA

View Full Version : Eat Stop Eat

Todd00000
02-21-13, 11:30
Periodic 24hr fasting, it’s working for me, get the book and check it out.
Other health benefits from fasting:
Decreased Insulin Levels & Increased Insulin Sensitivity 46
Increased Lipolysis and Fat Burning 48
Increased Glucagon Levels 50
Increased Epinephrine and Norepinephrine levels 52
Increased Growth Hormone Levels 52

B52U
02-21-13, 12:05
I do it one weekend a month combined with giving the money saved on meals to the poor. :)

Pi3
02-21-13, 12:31
What do you drink during the fast? Just water?

GotAmmo
02-22-13, 02:32
I've got the Eat-Stop-Eat books on digits if anyone is interested

WillBrink
02-22-13, 11:45
Hay to all,
This slogan arise for those who are much fatty and wanna to become slim and smart definitely use more water and dieting must be started,therefore it is better for such people to reduce the weight slowly.

Oh STFU already. Why do SPAM bots love this forum so? :help:

wild_wild_wes
02-22-13, 17:07
Every source that I've encountered says fasting is always bad for your body. Did this all change for some reason?

Pi3
02-22-13, 20:02
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fasting-diet/AN02161
There is a lot of mumbo jumbo out there. The mayo clinic is a reputable source.
http://www.symptomfind.com/healthy-living/24-hour-fasting/
Once every few months, I used to do a 24 hr fast with lots of water for allergies.

Todd00000
02-22-13, 22:53
Every source that I've encountered says fasting is always bad for your body. Did this all change for some reason?

PM your email.

wild_wild_wes
02-24-13, 08:39
Oh STFU already. Why do SPAM bots love this forum so? :help:

Yes, spam bots suck! On that we can all agree. But, what is your opinion on the topic of periodic fasting?

WillBrink
02-24-13, 08:53
Yes, spam bots suck! On that we can all agree. But, what is your opinion on the topic of periodic fasting?

It's a fad that comes and goes about every 10 years or so with variations on the same theme/concept. If you enjoy it, have at it, but I see as unnecessary and lacking solid data to support it.

CodeRed30
02-24-13, 15:00
The only benefits I can see from a limited consumption diet (not really fasting) is the benefit of drastically lowering your sodium intake. Because honestly, anymore, it is pretty difficult to keep sodium intake in check with what's on the grocery shelves these days.

WillBrink
02-24-13, 15:41
The only benefits I can see from a limited consumption diet (not really fasting) is the benefit of drastically lowering your sodium intake. Because honestly, anymore, it is pretty difficult to keep sodium intake in check with what's on the grocery shelves these days.

Reading labels and shifting food sources to less processed foods makes keeping sodium intake in check pretty easy really. Kinda hard to stuff extra sodium into an egg or an apple or a head of lettuce. :cool:

wild_wild_wes
02-24-13, 16:32
Reading labels and shifting food sources to less processed foods makes keeping sodium intake in check pretty easy really. Kinda hard to stuff extra sodium into an egg or an apple or a head of lettuce. :cool:

Yes. Last month I went to a no-processed food diet (for the most part; I guess you can consider greek yogurt and cheese to be processed food), and already feel so much better, it can't be just a coincidence.

Back to fasting. I thought the great benefit of the six-meals-per-day routine was you keep insulin steady. Yet, the PDF the OP sent to me said the great benefit of fasting is that it crashes insulin levels.

But that makes sense it would be beneficial: when insulin levels are high, your body can't burn fat. Even Taubes agrees with that. The article had graphs showing the time it took for insulin to decrease, but didn't state however how long it takes to come back after the fast ends. So, even if the body does recieve benefits from being in a fasted state, they are lost as soon as the condition ends. So, the important factor to me would be the timing and periodicity of the fasting periods.

wild_wild_wes
03-03-13, 09:46
After spending all last week researching intermittent fasting, I decided to try it out for myself. I did a 24 hour fast and found it very easy to accomplish; all I had was water and three Pepsi Max's.

There is a lot of info about this on Mark's Daily Apple; IF is pretty accepted within the Paleo crowd.