PDA

View Full Version : Is Noveske handguard exportable?

rainzoro
02-22-13, 02:24
Sorry for the noob question, I am just so tired of searching endlessly.

I really want to import Noveske handguard
AND
Larue magnifier mount (named LT755)

are these exportable?

Iraqgunz
02-22-13, 02:37
Probably not as they are almost most likely to be covered by U.S ITAR restrictions and most companies do not want to deal with the BS of exporting them.

RyanB
02-22-13, 02:48
Find an importer in your country. They will make it happen if you will pay what they ask.

rainzoro
02-22-13, 03:09
Find an importer in your country. They will make it happen if you will pay what they ask.

tried it, didnt happen

and as for ITAR, i guess ill just call Larue and Noveske custom service.

I would understand it's not exportable if i was trying to bring a nightvision scope. But a magnifier mount? i mean.. come on..

Iraqgunz
02-22-13, 03:42
You need to read the ITAR regulations.

CATEGORY I—FIREARMS, CLOSE ASSAULT WEAPONS AND COMBAT SHOTGUNS
*(a) Nonautomatic and semi-automatic firearms to caliber .50 inclusive (12.7 mm).
*(b) Fully automatic firearms to .50 caliber inclusive (12.7 mm).
*(c) Firearms or other weapons (e.g. insurgency-counterinsurgency, close assault weapons
systems) having a special military application regardless of caliber.
*(d) Combat shotguns. This includes any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches.
*(e) Silencers, mufflers, sound and flash suppressors for the articles in (a) through (d) of
this category and their specifically designed, modified or adapted components and parts.
(f) Riflescopes manufactured to military specifications (See category XII(c) for controls on
night sighting devices.)
*(g) Barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms for the articles in
paragraphs (a) through (d) of this category.
(h) Components, parts, accessories and attachments for the articles in paragraphs (a)
through (g) of this category.

tried it, didnt happen

and as for ITAR, i guess ill just call Larue and Noveske custom service.

I would understand it's not exportable if i was trying to bring a nightvision scope. But a magnifier mount? i mean.. come on..

El Pistolero
02-22-13, 04:18
Even a roll pin would be unexportable. **** ITAR.

Iraqgunz
02-22-13, 04:20
Actually there is a small exemption for parts with a declared value of 100.00 or less. But, again most companies do not want to get wrapped up in any type of ITAR violation because the profit to ass raping ratio is not worth it.

Thump_rrr
02-22-13, 04:58
Yes they are exportable. The problem is that it is such a long process that most people will not bother to do it legally.
The price for getting caught is a world of hurt.

What country do you live in?

You need to have them exported by a company in the USA that has an export license.

To get an export permit you will need to provide an import permit from the country it will be going to. You would also need to fill out an end user certificate which states the purpose and final destination of the item.
This is to prevent the item from getting into the hands of an enemy of the USA.

When it's all said and done it will probably cost you a couple of hundred dollars and 6-8 weeks.

If Brownells was selling it it would only cost you 3% over the regular price since they export far more than the maximum annual export fees.
To export anything that Brownells sells that is on the ITAR list or over $100.00 give a call to Sandy and she will take care of you.
You can even order ammunition projectiles etc. but most people don't want to go through the hassle.

rainzoro
02-22-13, 06:47
Yes they are exportable. The problem is that it is such a long process that most people will not bother to do it legally.

What country do you live in?

You need to have them exported by a company in the USA that has an export license.

To get an export permit you will need to provide an import permit from the country it will be going to. You would also need to fill out an end user certificate which states the purpose and final destination of the item.
This is to prevent the item from getting into the hands of an enemy of the USA.

When it's all said and done it will probably cost you a couple of hundred dollars and 6-8 weeks.

If Brownells was selling it it would only cost you 3% over the regular price since they export far more than the maximum annual export fees.
To export anything that Brownells sells that is on the ITAR list or over $100.00 give a call to Sandy and she will take care of you.
You can even order ammunition projectiles etc. but most people don't want to go through the hassle.

wow, I seriously thank you for the information. Just checked their website, they dont have the goodies i want but hope they will in the future!
oh and I live in South Korea, and we don't have any problem with importing a magnifier mount as long as I say it's for scientific research

montrala
02-22-13, 06:56

+1

Sandy@Brownells is very helpful for international customers. My friend even got AR15 complete upper from them, with minimal hassle. Noveske is on list of registered manufacturers, so license is obtainable. As to LaRue mounts, scope mounts and optics are not restricted by ITAR (except "military scopes") but there is separate restriction list (based on terrorist, criminal and other threats this country has), that says what can be exported by the country. In my case there is no restrictions on optics and accessories.

If Brownells do not have on their website, what one need, then one can fire them e-mail asking if they can get it for you.

Brownells is also some times restricted by manufacturers that contractually ban exporting their products.

rainzoro
02-22-13, 09:59
+1

Sandy@Brownells is very helpful for international customers. My friend even got AR15 complete upper from them, with minimal hassle. Noveske is on list of registered manufacturers, so license is obtainable. As to LaRue mounts, scope mounts and optics are not restricted by ITAR (except "military scopes") but there is separate restriction list (based on terrorist, criminal and other threats this country has), that says what can be exported by the country. In my case there is no restrictions on optics and accessories.

If Brownells do not have on their website, what one need, then one can fire them e-mail asking if they can get it for you.

Brownells is also some times restricted by manufacturers that contractually ban exporting their products.

So glad I joined m4carbine, this website is full of experts.
I just called Brownells, and had a little chat.

1. Larue Tactical is not on Brownell's list of registered manufacturer, so under ITAR rule or not, unfortunately they can't ship the mount.
2. On the other hand, as like you said, Noveske is registered and is exportable, but for some reason they can't make special orders and can only ship Noveske products that are in their current stock.

I guess this is the dead end. Such a bummer but hey, atleast I figured some new stuffs I didn't knew.

eodinert
02-22-13, 11:38
Click on the 'notify me when in stock' or 'backorder' button, and make the phone call again when they get it in stock.

montrala
02-22-13, 14:40
1. Larue Tactical is not on Brownell's list of registered manufacturer, so under ITAR rule or not, unfortunately they can't ship the mount.

Brownells sells and exports ADM mounts, this is very good stuff. I prefer them over LaRue anyway.

As to special orders, I know that Brownells is ear deep in trying to fulfill normal orders. No wonder they do not have time and resources to do special order now.

RHINOWSO
02-22-13, 15:32

You say that until your company wants to make money with international customers... and the ITAR folks find you in violation and at best fine your company lots of $$$... at worst they throw your ass in jail...

Not to mention, it serves a purpose of not letting any tom, dick or achmed from buy some of our quality gear...

Indeed.

Kenneth
02-22-13, 17:32
So all of this trouble for just getting a single hand guard and a optic mount? I guess I don't understand since I have to deal with it but if your allowed to own it whats the problem with getting someone to ship it to you? Like friends or family in the states to ship it to you? I'm sure that's there is a reason you don't do that but what would make that illegal.

rainzoro
02-22-13, 18:07
So all of this trouble for just getting a single hand guard and a optic mount? I guess I don't understand since I have to deal with it but if your allowed to own it whats the problem with getting someone to ship it to you? Like friends or family in the states to ship it to you? I'm sure that's there is a reason you don't do that but what would make that illegal.

Actually this is a good question.
Since,
Larue mount is not under ITAR, why not just buy from friends or ebay?
Has anyone ever tried this?

Iraqgunz
02-23-13, 00:19
Instead of getting someone else in trouble, why don't you email the DDTC and ask them if it is allowed?

Actually this is a good question.
Since,
Larue mount is not under ITAR, why not just buy from friends or ebay?
Has anyone ever tried this?