PDA

View Full Version : Iran's new Qaher 313 Stealth Fighter

VIP3R 237
02-22-13, 20:16
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/iran-reveals-new-qaher-313-stealth-fighter-381806/

Interesting, to me it looks very similar to the X-36.

GeorgiaBoy
02-22-13, 20:19
I suppose it may pose a threat to a P-51 Mustang...

jaxman7
02-22-13, 20:26
Threat or not this is an enemy's step in the wrong direction for our security.

Still dying to know what China and some Middle East countries learned from their exposure to the downed 'stealth Black Hawk' in the Bin Laden compound.

-Jax

kmrtnsn
02-22-13, 20:26
Just a little bit of Google-fu will show that this is a fiberglass mock-up that will never fly. Serious aerodynamic, laminar airflow problems, lack of canopy seal, nose too small for a radar, intakes too small and poorly located, and so-on and so-on. This has been torn all apart on two dozen different aviation forums.

Todd00000
02-22-13, 20:28
Just a little bit of Google-fu will show that this is a fiberglass mock-up that will never fly. Serious aerodynamic, laminar airflow problems, lack of canopy seal, nose too small for a radar, intakes too small and poorly located, and so-on and so-on. This has been torn all apart on two dozen different aviation forums.

Yep, you can see the wood in some pics and the vid of it flying is obviously a RC plane.

VIP3R 237
02-22-13, 20:32

Haha so Iran come out with a great babylon killer RC plane. :help:

Sorry i should've google-fu'd it better. I was messing around on facebook looking at the Iran Military page for shits and giggles (try it you'll laugh) and i stumbled upon it.

Safetyhit
02-22-13, 20:44
Still dying to know what China and some Middle East countries learned from their exposure to the downed 'stealth Black Hawk' in the Bin Laden compound.

Only a tail section was supposedly recoverable. I'm more concerned about the ridiculously odd looking drone lost to Iran, which appeared to be absolutely and completely intact somehow.

Almost as though they landed it themselves or it was simply meant to be.

obucina
02-22-13, 20:49
I assume that the cattle auction starts right after they move the kite off the stage?

I do like Mahmoud's dress code, its like everyday is casual friday!

jaxman7
02-22-13, 20:49
Only a tail section was supposedly recoverable. I'm more concerned about the ridiculously odd looking drone lost to Iran, which appeared to be absolutely and completely intact somehow.

Almost as though they landed it themselves or it was simply meant to be.

Supposedly Safety. All the avionics, flight control hardware/electronics, and body panels....well in the rush to exfil I wonder how much was really destroyed.

-Jax

Moose-Knuckle
02-22-13, 20:51
Meh, the Nazis built one (the Ho 2-29 V3) in the winter of 1944, its air frame is sitting in the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.

Those folks are pretty far behind, no less a threat mind you. Sad actually considering how advanced their ancient ancestors were theocratic regimes are oppressive and typically inhibit such advancements.

D. Christopher
02-22-13, 21:19
We don't fly anything we can't afford to lose onboard UAVs over enemy territory. We'd prefer not to loose them intact, but that's part of the calculus. Stealth technologies are pretty well understood by the major players but still difficult to implement in full size working aircraft, and very expensive and difficult to maintain. Russia is pretty well along the path, China is next, and the rest are a joke at this point.

Models and UAVs are much easier though, and stealthy surveillance drones are advancing rapidly. You could build one at home these days. (All that's missing is a secure data-link.) One of the most important things Iran will probably be able to exploit and learn from the downed UAV is optics. (Glass)

And China paid to have a good look and document the remains of the stealth Blackhawk before we made the Pakis give it back. The enclosed fan tail rotor was completely intact, and while that is nothing new, the blade materials and geometry, ductwork, and the composition of the RAM on the outer surfaces will speed up the process for them.

jaxman7
02-22-13, 21:27
Meh, the Nazis built one (the Ho 2-29 V3) in the winter of 1944, its air frame is sitting in the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.

Those folks are pretty far behind, no less a threat mind you. Sad actually considering how advanced their ancient ancestors were theocratic regimes are oppressive and typically inhibit such advancements.

The Germans' Horton 2-29 to this day blows my mind. If Hitler wasn't so obsessed with other technologies of war and diverted f funds to aircraft such as this and
more earlier on such as the 262 the end results could've been different.
-Jax

halo2304
02-22-13, 21:28
Holy shit! They stole my designs...from when I was 10! :lol:

It looks like it's just a jet plane that's too small for anything but flying (and being a target for real military aircraft.) After building the airframe, adding the engine, the intake ducts, etc. it looks like they ran out of room for any sort of weapon system unless the pilot's side arm IS the weapon system.

TriviaMonster
02-22-13, 21:41
Holy shit! They stole my designs...from when I was 10! :lol:

It looks like it's just a jet plane that's too small for anything but flying (and being a target for real military aircraft.) After building the airframe, adding the engine, the intake ducts, etc. it looks like they ran out of room for any sort of weapon system unless the pilot's side arm IS the weapon system.

With their luck it will be a Glock 17. I bet BTF is distracting while flying and shooting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

militarymoron
02-22-13, 21:52
nose too small for a radar.
yeah, but it's not too small to house a guy with a GPS unit and an AK lying on his belly firing through a gun port with a barf bag for dogfights.

8200rpm
02-22-13, 21:54
Iran is also planning on dominating the Gran Prix circuit with this advanced breakthrough in automotive engineering...

http://www.civicforumz.com/attachments/honda-civics-sale-82/17788-1993-honda-coupe-$25-000-rice-27274-jpg?dateline=1323750420

halo2304
02-22-13, 21:59
With their luck it will be a Glock 17. I bet BTF is distracting while flying and shooting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yeah, but it's not too small to house a guy with a GPS unit and an AK lying on his belly firing through a gun port with a barf bag for dogfights.

"I SHOOT YOU, YOU AMERICAN PIG DOGS! Pew, pew, pew!" :p

Better yet, get Biden with a double 12! :D

kmrtnsn
02-22-13, 22:44

I'll be afraid, only if that guy was trained by American Defense Enterprises.

Jellybean
02-22-13, 22:47
The Germans' Horton 2-29 to this day blows my mind. If Hitler wasn't so obsessed with other technologies of war and diverted f funds to aircraft such as this and
more earlier on such as the 262 the end results could've been different.
-Jax

Got that right. I love that plane (and the 262 is still badass as well). :happy:
Even though the germans got to play the bad guys in WW2, they sure had some smart guys working for them.

On topic-
So according to that article, it's capable of operating in low altitude, with a non-afterburning engine, no room for weapons or radar.... Or fuel, and conflicting control surfaces.

So exactly what role would this fit for them? Aside from making them look [even more] ridiculous?
Seriously- the thing sounds like it would get eaten for lunch by just about any jet fighter since WW2.....:confused:

Magic_Salad0892
02-22-13, 23:15
http://www.cracked.com/article_18839_7-planes-perfectly-designed-to-kill-people-flying-them.html

I like aviation history, and my second favorite site ever does a lot of really cool articles about it.

VIP3R 237
02-22-13, 23:25
http://www.cracked.com/article_18839_7-planes-perfectly-designed-to-kill-people-flying-them.html

I like aviation history, and my second favorite site ever does a lot of really cool articles about it.

Holy shit that was funny as hell, thanks for the link.

Split66
02-23-13, 08:02
:39

he gives it a lil scratch under the chin like it's his puppy. WTF :)

parishioner
02-23-13, 08:58
Too lazy to even take a new picture. Used a stock image to superimpose the plane on. 13 year olds lie better than this.

http://www.petapixel.com/2013/02/16/iran-stealth-fighter-image-called-out-as-photoshop-fake-by-bloggers/