PDA

View Full Version : AR Upper and lower movement

Chicagoguy1
02-23-13, 06:37
I have a S&W M&P 15 and there is play (movement) betheen the upper and lower when I grip the rail and my pistol grip . I also have another identical S&W M&P 15 and there is no movement / play between upper and lower. Thoughts ideas appreciated.:confused:

Littlelebowski
02-23-13, 07:01
I have a S&W M&P 15 and there is play (movement) betheen the upper and lower when I grip the rail and my pistol grip . I also have another identical S&W M&P 15 and there is no movement / play between upper and lower. Thoughts ideas appreciated.:confused:

You need to search for answers but it does not matter AT ALL. Your accuracy comes from the lock up in the upper. Don't worry about it, don't buy snake oil bullshit "fixes" and do pleased try searching to see if someone else has already asked the question.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=upper+lower+loose+site%3Am4carbine.net#

T2C
02-23-13, 07:54
The movement won't hurt accuracy and I would not worry about it.

C4IGrant
02-23-13, 08:01
Normal and nothing to worry about.

C4

cthompson36
02-23-13, 09:50
nothing to worry about. won't cause any problems or accuracy issues. it it is annoying try an accu-wedge if the gun isn't for self defense.

halfmoonclip
02-23-13, 17:15
nothing to worry about. won't cause any problems or accuracy issues. it it is annoying try an accu-wedge if the gun isn't for self defense.
Not a fan of the accuwedge, but I was curious about your caveat.
What is the issue?
Thnx,
Moon

3 AE
02-23-13, 17:20
Have someone else who can shoot, shoot both without telling them about the play. You'll see what everyone here means about accuracy.

T2C
02-23-13, 17:22
If the upper to lower receiver movement bothers you I would not spend money on an Accu-Wedge. I would buy a pair of yellow EAR brand ear plugs for 50 cents and place one of them where you would place the Accu-Wedge. After a year or so when the first ear plug gets permanently compressed, you can use the second ear plug. After the second ear plug gets permanently compressed, you will decide that you are wasting your time.

Iraqgunz
02-23-13, 17:23
One thing I have seen aside from them coming apart is the fact that the rear lug of the upper will wear due to the fact that the Accu-crap is putting upward pressure on the upper and then most people have to then hit the pin to lock it in place.

Littlelebowski
02-23-13, 17:33
Not a fan of the accuwedge, but I was curious about your caveat.
What is the issue?
Thnx,
Moon

Not putting stupid, unnecessary shit that can cause malfunctions into a defensive weapon?

MistWolf
02-23-13, 17:59
Critical thinking time-
1) Do you have to re-zero your AR each time you separate the upper from the lower?
2) Do you have to re-zero an upper when you move it from one lower to another?
3) Does either condition reduce function and/or reliability?

The answer to all three questions is no. Ergo, the minor bit of slop between the upper and lower is nothing to worry about

Littlelebowski
02-23-13, 20:23
We could end the thread with MistWolf's post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

BiggLee71
02-23-13, 20:52
Like a few other members said, its nothing to worry about. Maybe one was built on a Friday and the other one on a Wednesday. It doesnt really effect the accuracy or reliability. You could always throw an "Accu-Wedge" in there to tighten up any unwanted movement.