PDA

View Full Version : (IL) Livescan Fingerprint Vendor, trustworthy?

Ledanek
02-23-13, 23:32
I'm trying to acquire body armor from SKD and trying to comply with their BODY ARMOR SALES POLICY (http://www.skdtac.com/skd_tactical_body_armor_policy_a/165.htm)

Unfortunately, my local PD in Bolingbrook, IL doesn't perform any of the
Criminal Background check. They sent me to Joliet, IL @ Bureau of Investigation. Who in turns, tells me to visit these Livescan Fingerprint Vendors, which the lady of over the BOI said they don't endorse.

WTF... if not endorsed, why you sending me there?
Halfway, I met a Illinois State Trooper who said, they too do no perform Criminal Background Check. And then proceeds to give a list of these Livescan Fingerprint Vendors, which IST also DO NOT endorse.

WTF again.

I Google Livescan and read a lot of negative story of rip offs and stolen identity.

So besides moving to Texas, what can I do to satisfy SKD store policy?

I'm not LEO, I just need it for extra protection when I attend a carbine class this coming summer.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Litpipe
02-24-13, 00:17
Another body armor vendor? Or does everyone require background checks? Im guessing felons cannot possess armor in IL?

Ledanek
02-24-13, 00:40
Another body armor vendor? Or does everyone require background checks? Im guessing felons cannot possess armor in IL?
Yes sir. ILL-inois laws are leaning so much to the left nowadays, but this law with body armor, I understand completely.

My beef is not with the SKD Policy or the ILL-inois law, but these vendors. I see one, called Andy Frain---they used to hire teenagers to the airport security x-ray checks and restricted areas, and other venues such as the United Center.

I rather have an official LEO do the finger printing.

mpd046
02-24-13, 06:47
Do you have a FOID card? If you have a FOID do you still need the background check?

from your link above:
2. Law Abiding US Citizens over the age of 21, with no criminal or mental health history. The following must be provided:

A. A copy of State-issued Driver's License

B. Signed & Notarized End-User Affidavit (download pdf below)

C. A copy of a Concealed Weapons Carry Permit (IL FOID acceptable), or Criminal Background Check letter from your local Police Department (download pdf below)

Just out of curiousity what carbine class are you going to? Is body armor mandatory for this class?

Matt

T2C
02-24-13, 07:02
Ask the body armor vendor if they will accept the background check results from B.O.I. (ISP Bureau of Identification). They should.

https://www.isp.state.il.us/crimhistory/chri.cfm

warpigM-4
02-24-13, 08:54
I wonder if you find the Local TSA Fingerprinting agent in your area if they could do it for you ? I had to Get fingerprints and back ground check for putting Hazmat Back on My CDL .

it was like 80 Dollars it took a week to get the letter back saying I was Good to go .the Company that TSA sent me to was Just a background and finger printing security Company that did all sort of background checks for different Companies Might be worth a look to see who TSA uses in your Area and call the Security Company and Ask

Ledanek
02-24-13, 09:11
Do you have a FOID card? If you have a FOID do you still need the background check?

from your link above:
2. Law Abiding US Citizens over the age of 21, with no criminal or mental health history. The following must be provided:

A. A copy of State-issued Driver's License

B. Signed & Notarized End-User Affidavit (download pdf below)

C. A copy of a Concealed Weapons Carry Permit (IL FOID acceptable), or Criminal Background Check letter from your local Police Department (download pdf below)

Just out of curiousity what carbine class are you going to? Is body armor mandatory for this class?

Matt

wow, thanks for highlighting that line and totally missed the word "or"
maybe they'll take just the FOID card.

there's a safety class in Aurora Sportmans Club in Waterman, IL that is TBA. I've shot many times before in the Corps, but, its been a while since I had a safety class. Its a promise I made to my wife that I will not attend a safety class without a body armor, in lieu, of Chief Chris Kyle's death. I also promised not to go without a blowout kit(????) so, Amazon, will be getting some visits from me, and other online vendors that support this site.

Ledanek
02-24-13, 09:13
I wonder if you find the Local TSA Fingerprinting agent in your area if they could do it for you ? I had to Get fingerprints and back ground check for putting Hazmat Back on My CDL .

it was like 80 Dollars it took a week to get the letter back saying I was Good to go .the Company that TSA sent me to was Just a background and finger printing security Company that did all sort of background checks for different Companies Might be worth a look to see who TSA uses in your Area and call the Security Company and Ask

there used to be a Dept Immigration and Naturalization in my neighborhood, but that got closed due to cut backs.

mpd046
02-24-13, 09:21
wow, thanks for highlighting that line and totally missed the word "or"
maybe they'll take just the FOID card.

there's a safety class in Aurora Sportmans Club in Waterman, IL that is TBA. I've shot many times before in the Corps, but, its been a while since I had a safety class. Its a promise I made to my wife that I will not attend a safety class without a body armor, in lieu, of Chief Chris Kyle's death. I also promised not to go without a blowout kit(????) so, Amazon, will be getting some visits from me, and other online vendors that support this site.

Cool, I'm headed up to Waterman for Pannone's class in July.

Matt

Ledanek
02-24-13, 10:37
Cool, I'm headed up to Waterman for Pannone's class in July.
Matt

You have a link to this class?

mpd046
02-24-13, 12:53
It's a covert carry class for pistol. Nickdrak he is a member here and is the local host.

http://aliastraining.com/mikepannone2-daycovertcarryclass-july6-72013-watermanil.aspx

You mentioned carbine training earlier, I don't know how far a drive St. Louis is from you. I have Pat Mcnamara coming to Maryville IL for a 2 day rifle class in May.

http://aliastraining.com/patmcnamara2-daycarbinetaps-may16-172013-maryvilleil.aspx

Matt

gunrunner505
02-24-13, 19:57
Check with the Kane County Sheriff. When I took the class to get my Utah and Florida carry permits they did all the finger printing and such. Good bunch of guys.

Ledanek
02-25-13, 15:04
Kane County is not so close, but need be, I'll drop down there.

Hoping someone from SKD replies to my emails

#SKD