PDA

View Full Version : Value of two excellent revolvers...

Straight Shooter
02-24-13, 19:57
I had the honor today to finally see, hold, and clean two revolvers that a longtime friend of mine, who is not a shooter, nor knowlegable at all about firearms, has been telling me about for years. I about shit when I saw them. I only ask for yall's opinion on price so I can inform my friend. thay ARE NOT for sale, to me, or anyone else, but I do have dibs on them if he decides to sell them, and they are mine if he dies.
So the guns are as follows:
1 S&W 27-2 8 3/8" barrel...AS NEW IN BOX. Friend bought this one NIB in 1977...fired 4 rounds...put it in a zipped case, and that case remained unopened from 1977 untill today. Had two live rounds in two unfired cylinders. Not even a drag line on the cylinder. MINT X 100. Has box and all accoutrements in 100% condition also.
2. COLT LAWMAN 3 .357 Magnum...about a 2" or so barrel. Nickel finish. Gun has had maybe 3 boxes thru it. Has Colt rubber grips. The gun is absolutely tight as hell in perfect mechanical shape. The nickel finish is speckled and dull..the only weak spot of the gun.
NICE, SOLID gun. No box or anything else with this one.
If yall could give just a ballpark figure, that would be great.
The S&W just made my day to see & hold it.

40Arpent
02-24-13, 20:33
Ballpark - $800-900 on the 27, and $500 on the Colt. Nice revolvers but nothing to shit yourself over. LOL

FN in MT
02-24-13, 20:58
The 27 probably came in a wood, presentation case. Does he still have it? Should have a blue box as well. Sadly the 8 3/8" barrel models are the least in demand, the shorter the barrel the better it seems.

I'd agree on $800 IF it has original grips, and the Pres case and box.

Straight Shooter
02-24-13, 21:33
I guess, 40Arpent, what got me was this revolver has been cased longer than most on this board have been living. Very well made, and even I have not seen one in many years.
I do not know about the wood case, got to find out about that.
Thanks for the figures, anybody else chime in at will.