PDA

View Full Version : Call to Action - Illinois Residents

SigFanM4
02-24-13, 21:20
A pro 2A representative (Phelps) introduced a very good CCW bill (HB997).

It now appears that the Speaker of the House, a Chicago Machine anti-2A rep, is going to play some games.

On Tuesday, he will open up a shell bill for amendment, and it is expected that amendments will be designed to create the most restrictive CCW regime in the country - essentially creating a CCW law that doesn't actually let anyone, especially in Chicago, carry.

We believe that Phelps will submit the substance of his CCW bill as an amendment.

We need to defeat the bad amendments and pass the Phelps Amendment, which is supported by the NRA.

If you live in Illinois, please email and call your reps (at their district office and Springfield office) and deliver this simple message:

"It has come to my attention that several amendments may be offered to HB1155 concerning concealed carry. I respectfully urge you to vote AGAINST any amendment that is not endorsed by the NRA and to vote YES on any amendment that has the backing of the NRA."

Simple as that! We have the power to shut down the anti's here. We have done it before by melting the phone lines. Please take a couple minutes out of your day on Monday to make your voice heard.

gunrunner505
02-24-13, 21:40
Which one is closer or rather more realisically going to pass? HB0997 or HB0154?

Here's some good links:

HB0154 Concealed Carry - Firearms - A shall issue carry bill with preemption. Establishes the sheriff as the issuing authority.

HB0997 Concealed Carry - Firearms - Creates the Family and Personal Protection Act

HB1008 FOID Local Reg - Denies units of local government the power to impose fees and taxes related to firearms.

HB1023 FOID Preempt Loc Gov - Preempts home rule units regarding training & instruction

HB1024 FOID Preemption - Preempts county regulation of firearms

HB1025 Crim Cd-UUW-Firearms-Exempt - Exempts from UUW teachers meeting certain requirements while engaged in the performance of their duties

HB1027 Crim Cd-Firearms Waiting - Provides that the waiting period for transfer of a firearm is waived when the transfer is in exchange for another firearm

HB1050 Firearm Owners-Records - Reduces the record retention period from 10 years to 5 years

HB1051 Crim Cd-Firearm Transport - Denies units of local government the power to regulate transport of firearms and accessories

HB1513 Firearms-Municipal Regulation - Denies home rule regarding ordinances more restrictive than statute. Prohibits local registration.

HB1526 Expired FOID Card-Liability - Provides an exemption for FOID holders who have applied for, but not received, a FOID renewal in a timely manner.

HB2368 Veh Cd-ATM Vehicles/Firearms - Brings transport on an ATV under criminal code rather than wildlife code

HB2574 Veteran Hunting-Competency Req - Honorably discharged veterans meet competency requirements.

HB2700 FOID-Preempt Loc Gov - Denies homerule powers relating to permits & licenses

And some bad ones:

HB0132 Crom Cd Assault Weapons - A firearm ban and registration scheme.

HB0159 Firearm Owners-Loss-Theft - FOID revocation for failure to report the loss or theft of a handgun.

HB1142 Muni/County-Unwanted Firearms - Proposes a turn in program for unwanted firearms

HA001 to HB1142 Muni/County Code-Unwnated Firearms - Adds civil immunities for public entities and employees.

HB1143 FOID Card Act-Private Sale - Requires FFL to transfer concealable firearms

HB1144 Crim Cd-Gangs-No Firearm - Prohibits a firearm transfer to a "known" gang member

HB1145 Crim Cd-Unlawful Use Weapons - Enhanced penalties for felons in possession of a firearm or aggrevated UUW

HB1262 Crim Cd-UUW-Exemptions - Creates a special class by exempting real estate agents from UUW & Ag UUW

HB1296 Pen Cd-No Investments in Guns - Requires Illinois pension funds to divest of gun holdings

HB2248 Pen Cd-No Investments In Guns

HB2265 Crim Cd-Firearm Offenses - Enhanced penalties for felons and gang members

HB2463 Crim Cd-Unlaw Use Weapons - Enhanced penalties

HB2589 FOID-Insurance - Requires insurance for willful acts

HB2592 Gun Trafficling Prevention - Combines state dealers license, lost or stolen, no private sales, registration

HB2597 Gun Offender Registry

HB2633 Firearm Transfers-State Police - Creates a registry of transfers with the ISP

HB2743 Correctional Office-Firearms - Creates a special class for carry by off duty correctional officers

HB2792 FOID-Psych Exam - Requires mental health certification for FOID

HB2811 FOID-Handgun Registration- Requires handgun registration with fee + transfer registry; lost or stolen

HB2831 Crim Cd- Assault Wepons Ban - Bans common firearms, establishes registration. Potentially exempts the bill's sponsor

HB2834 Crim Cd-Firearms - May issue carry, firearm ban, back ground checks, storage

SigFanM4
02-24-13, 23:28
997 has the most support (47 cosponsors) and is the bill endorsed by the NRA, but neither HB997 nor HB154 will be called for a vote because they will not be let out of committee.

What is going to happen is the Speaker of the House will call for amendments to a shell bill that has already passed committee. Most of the amendments offered will be anti-2A (may issue, AWB, mag limits, etc). WE NEED TO DEFEAT THOSE.

Then our side will offer an amendment that is essentially the same language as HB0997. WE NEED TO PASS THE BILL WITH THIS AMENDMENT.

The best thing to do is call your rep, especially if you are outside of Chicago, and tell them three things:

1. Don't leave the capitol on Tuesday until all business is done.
2. Oppose any firearms-related amendment that isn't backed by the NRA.
3. Support any firearms-related amendment that is backed by the NRA.

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 09:29
Carry got the shit kicked out of it yesterday as slime ball Madigan opened up the bag-o-tricks. We'll see what we actually get.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

SigFanM4
02-27-13, 09:59
Carry got the shit kicked out of it yesterday as slime ball Madigan opened up the bag-o-tricks. We'll see what we actually get.

I disagree. I thought we had a very good day yesterday.
The NRA-backed amendment that creates a damn good shall-issue CCW regime passed the house.

Most of the other amendments that passed relate to places where carry will be prohibited. Most of those places are already included in the NRA-backed version. The difference with the other amendments is that they are more restrictive by including the prohibited place plus parking lots and property adjacent to or near the prohibited place. That language will have to be reconciled in the final bill and I'll bet it comes out.

Most of the worst amendments (psychiatric exams, liability insurance) were withdrawn. And several bad amendments (prohibiting carry on university campuses, in any place that serves alcohol and at street fairs or farmers markets) were actually defeated.

The worst amendment to pass was the one that prohibits carry on public transportation. The good news is that this amendment conflicts with Amendment 27, which also passed. Amendment 27 explicitly allows carry on public transportation. These provisions will have to be reconciled in the final bill.

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 10:05
I disagree. I thought we had a very good day yesterday.
The NRA-backed amendment that creates a damn good shall-issue CCW regime passed the house.

Most of the other amendments that passed relate to places where carry will be prohibited. Most of those places are already included in the NRA-backed version. The difference with the other amendments is that they are more restrictive by including the prohibited place plus parking lots and property adjacent to or near the prohibited place. That language will have to be reconciled in the final bill and I'll bet it comes out.

Most of the worst amendments (psychiatric exams, liability insurance) were withdrawn. And several bad amendments (prohibiting carry on university campuses, in any place that serves alcohol and at street fairs or farmers markets) were actually defeated.

The worst amendment to pass was the one that prohibits carry on public transportation. The good news is that this amendment conflicts with Amendment 27, which also passed. Amendment 27 explicitly allows carry on public transportation. These provisions will have to be reconciled in the final bill.

The article a read clearly sucked then. My spirit is rejuvenated. Thank you sir.

T2C
02-27-13, 10:29
There is an IGOLD rally on March 6th. It will be an excellent opportunity to show the state legislature how you feel about CCW. Check out the particulars on the ISRA website.

SigFanM4
02-28-13, 09:23
There is an IGOLD rally on March 6th. It will be an excellent opportunity to show the state legislature how you feel about CCW. Check out the particulars on the ISRA website.

IGOLD = Illinois Gun Owners Lobbying Day.

Thousands of residents march on Springfield to meet with legislators and discuss firearms issues. It's a great event. There are chartered buses leaving from points around the state if you don't want to drive.
Check ISRA's site or IllinoisCarry.com.

gunrunner505
02-28-13, 10:47
I just wish it was a day I could go. Crap....

bts1981
03-05-13, 01:55
I called off work to head up with some buddies.

gunrunner505
03-06-13, 09:03
I called off work to head up with some buddies.

Please post back when you can. Let us know how it went and all that.